The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A new world...Same old faces

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Drake seemed to give off a glare at Hunter "Luna and I have set rules and if she wishes to go ahead and break them, then she knows what the consequences are for breaking the rules" he more or less snapped back at Hunter with a small snarl as well.

Luna on the other hand, was outside, having found a secluded place, watching other dinosaurs wandering around in the distance as she was sitting down on the ground, some tears were still in her eyes too "He just never understands me....never...."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot approached Drake. "With all due respect, you do realize that pushing away your daughter like that is only going to lead to bad things. All she did was care about helping others. Is that really such a crime? How would you feel if somebody offered their help to you, but then somebody else disapproved about it just like you?"

Zaine was more or less shocked by Sweetie's question. How could she be thinking about a family already? "We've known each other for about a day. Don't you think it's a little early to think about that? Especially in our circumstances, I don't think we are ready for that. Why don't we find a safe place to call our home first, and then we can worry about that."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Like I had told your friend there" Drake begun motioning towards Hunter "We have our own set of rules, something that Luna knows, but of course, I shouldn't expect any of your kind to understand that, and to answer your little question you asked, I do not need any help from any....leaf eaters, you just got lucky that I decided to help you out this time"

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Hunter stepped forward with a scowl on her face as she said, "I am a sharptooth! If you have a problem with the herd I travel with, you'll be answering to me!"

Sweetie nodded her head.
"I know what you're saying...but...what if something happens to one of us before we get to our new home...or if it doesn't exists? Then what do we do?" she said with a tear rolling down her face.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Sharptooth or not, I do not answer to anyone, I'm amazed that you haven't reverted to eating your little friends over there, since that's all Sharpteeth are good for, growling and eating....trust me, I've met my fair share of Sharpteeth and all they ever talk about is what to kill next for food" Drake let off a small snarl "I just can't stand them and their ways....so uncivilized"

Drake then walked a bit more closely to examine Hunter some more "Although, now that I think about it....it is entirely possible that you are different, being a Fast Biter myself, I would know a thing or two about being different, as I do not go by the whole instinct ordeal, I actually think for myself and for my family....I just wish Luna would do the same"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot pressed on. "You keep that attitude you aren't going to have a family. If you continue to treat your daughter like this she will leave you, and you will have nobody to blame but yourself. You can't live through life only on rules. Sometimes in order to survive you have to go with instinct and what feels right in your heart. What Luna did was very noble of her, a sign of a true leader, and you are too stubborn to see that. In a way, I pity you."

Zaine shook his head. "Don't say that Sweetie. Don't even think about it. None of us is going to die. I'm not going to, and as long as I'm here you won't either."

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Ptyra huffed. "So I'm a true leader by 'following my instincts' and abandoning my family?"

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(OOC: Why do I get the feeling that if this were a LBT movie, that this would be the perfect time for a song? :lol: )

Drake let off a small little chuckle as he glanced over to Ptyra "Well, that's what they seem to be going by" he then looked back to Littlefoot once more "And as for you.....you, nor any of your little friends have any right to say what is right and what isn't, what is right and what isn't is between me and my daughter" what was more, he was too busy talking to Littlefoot and the others, well, more like arguing with them, to even realize that Luna was not in the cave at the moment, that she had indeed, gone outside to be alone.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"It seems like you need help figuring out right and wrong," Littlefoot argued. "Yelling at your daughter for doing what she feels right is wrong. Shutting her out is wrong. Hiding behind your rules is cowardice!"

Zaine noticed Luna had left the cave, and she certainly seemed unhappy. "Let's talk about this later Sweetie," he said. He approached Luna and tried to smile a little. "Luna, we really appreciate what you did for us. No matter what your dad believes, you did the right thing and we thank you. We never got formally introduced. My name is Zaine." He gestured up toward Sweetie. "This is Sweetie."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail sighed.
"Ptyra, what you did, was just a little bi selfish, but you were scared, and your first instinct was to get as far away from the danger as possible. Even the best of herd leaders know....when their own survival outweighs others. As horrible as it may sound, your family wouldn not have wanted you to die."

Petrie nodded his head. "Longtail right. You make choice, it keep you alive. Me see no problem with that."

Hunter stepped in front of Drake.
"Listen...your rules may work for you, but it's pretty obvious they don't work for your daughter, so I'm only going to ask this once...when we leave in the morning....may we take Luna with us?"

Sweetie couldn't help but smile at Zaines words.
"Okay Zaine. I believe you. So....what do we do now?"she asked gently

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Drake just glared towards both Littlefoot and Hunter before he spoke "First of, hiding behind rules is not cowardice, it may seem that way to one who goes by no rules what so ever, but it keeps things in order, and without order, there leaves nothing but chaos.....and as for your question" he added on as he looked to Hunter, giving her a rather long hard look "Why ask me? Lately, I can't keep Luna together as one could say, so really, if you wish to ask anyone on that matter, it be best to ask her and not me, but give this to her at least, these words, if she does decide to go with you, I will still welcome her back here with open arms, no matter what her choice"

Luna looked to Zaine and Sweetie and gave off a rather weak smile "Thanks....at least someone likes what I do" she then paused for a moment or two before speaking again "I'm sorry I'm like this, it's just that, he....he....he just doesn't understand me, I know he has all his rules and he's just doing what's best for me, but I can't help it if I want to help others out....even if it can be rather scary at times" she then gave off a bit of a sniffle as she sat up, but yet, was now just sitting down as she looked at both Zaine and Sweetie, trying to keep a smile upon her face.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Renn, who was almost asleep, was awakened when he felt Ducky stir restlessly.

"Are you okay, Ducky?" Renn asked as he looked over at her.

"My head hurts so bad.  It does, it does.  All this arguing is not helping it, either," Ducky whispered.

"Well, we don't have any of those flowers that make headaches go away, so try to take it easy and get some sleep.  I'll stay right here," Renn whispered back before he gently pulled her even closer to him.

"I will try, yep yep yep.  Thank you, dear," Ducky whispered again before the couple drifted off to sleep.  Aurelia and Spike had found their own spaces to nap in as well.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Nah Ruby, but could you get Tricia to sleep for me?  There's something I have to do"  Cera said as she walked away.  The Three horn walked towards Sweetie, Zaine and Luna.  "Hey, you did good today.  I see you're having some issues with your father, and..." Cera paused for a moment, "I guess I would be the expert on that" she finished as she took a seat next to Luna, staring out at the darkening sky.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah, I guess you could say that" Luna replied with another little sniffle before giving off a small sigh "He just can't see things my way, and I just don't know anymore, I mean, he's all I have....I don't even have any friends myself....but it's just that, well, I don't really know anymore...." she spoke with a rather small groan as she flopped back onto her stomach with another little sigh as well as she looked to Cera "You said that you were the expert on this sort of thing, so um, what's your advice?"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine laughed a little. "Well it's kind of different for you because your father doesn't scare everybody in the world like Cera's does, but if anything I would say follow your heart the most. The only one who will know whether or not you did the right thing is you and should remain so. You shouldn't need anybody else telling you what you did was right or wrong, as long as you feel it's right."

Littlefoot shook his head. "You have no idea what kind of life I came from. We had rules in our home, and it only led to disagreement. My friends and I never had rules and we ended up solving all the problems our parents had."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"But that's the thing though, following my heart seems to get me into trouble more often, but I just can't help it....." Luna let off a small groan "It's just so confusing is all, I mean, one thing seems right, then another thing....and it's just not fair, I don't even know what to do anymore, if I should still follow my heart or not" she rolled onto her side with a bit of a sigh as well.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Cera listened closely to Luna's words.  "Well in the end its up to you Luna.  As much as your dad wants to be in control of your life he is ultimately not.  But be careful how you go about it.  I finally left the nest after a huge fight with my father, we never exchanged more then a few words since" the three horn finished as she stared blankly at the setting sun.  "I guess he's probably dead now..." she trailed off, kicking a small stone in front of her.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine thought of something while listening to Cera. "Luna, it's clear that your dad does not want us around, and we are planning on leaving soon. Why don't you come with us? We can protect you and it would give you a chance to live a different life, a life without so many rules. You can do whatever you feel is right and you'll have our support."

Littlefoot glanced back at Luna. She was speaking with Cera, Zaine, and Sweetie, and for the first time she seemed a little happier, at least not as upset as before. What if we did take her with us? Would her dad really allow her to leave? Can we protect her without using the same methods as her father?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Luna looked to Cera first and was about to say something when Zaine spoke up next "Go with you guys? But, I don't know really, I mean, I guess that would be okay, but I don't know what my father would say, and then if he doesn't let me go, I don't even know what I would do...." she then grabbed her head a little bit with a groan "I hate deciding things, it's just not fair...."

She thought for a few moments, trying to decide before she took a deep breath "Okay, I'll go with you guys, I think you're right, I don't think my father cares all that much about me and well, if I'm with you guys, I guess I can do things how I want to without really being told that it's wrong or whichever, that....and it would be a good chance to make some friends too"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ruby smiled as it was fairly easy to get Tricia to sleep as she was rather worn out by the days events. She sat next to the younger Threehorn thinking about what their future would hold.

Hunter couldn't physically stand looking at Drake anymore, his stubborn rules and way of thinking were irritating her to almost no end. She turned and stormed out of the cave to see Luna talking with Zaine and Sweetie. She smiled almost immediately and stepped over. "Hi Luna. Are you feeling any better?"

Sweetie smiled.
"Well we've got good news! And I'm proud of you Luna. Making your own choice is your first step towards being a true grown up."

Petrie had heard Ducky speaking about her head hurt and carefully brought her some water in a stone shaped bowl. He set it down as quietly so as not to wake her or Renn.

Azure and Twiz smiled at Petries attempt to make Ducky feel better.