The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkWolf's Fanart Thread

DarkWolf91 · 427 · 65954

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
good to see you again DW. and as the others have said. be careful. we're not supposed to be fully out of Afghanistan until 2014. or 13 years after we started the war there.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Thank you, Blais! I made it with a freeware program called 'Paint.NET,' which I'm still figuring out how to use, haha.

Thanks, Nick! I will certainly be as careful as I can.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I don't have quite as much free time as I'd hoped, but I do what I can :smile
Here's another shot at drawing Doca! Sorry for the messy generic background :oops
It kinda started as a doodle, and I didn't want to leave it floating in white space, heheh.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Very nice picture!That rock looks awesome!The only thing I can say that maybe her upper mouth could be a little bigger,but maybe it's just me.I especially like the details you put in her forelegs.By the way one of the legs looks like it has a thumb on it,and i saw that in LBT too.It made me a little confused,becose I dont know when they have that "thumb".Only if the use their forelegs like hands,or also when they are just walking  or standing?Anyway,it's always pleasure to see new pictures fromyou :D .

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks so much! :smile
You might be right about the upper mouth, haven't quite got the shape down yet!
I think the 'thumb' only morphs into existence when they would need it, and for certain hand... well, 'foot' gestures, haha. Couldn't decide whether or not to include it here. It might look better without it :blink:

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hey I just found this thread and I must say your amazing at drawing. One of my favourites is Pino. And Spike and Chomper. Oh there all amazing! :DD

Well you be posting more anytime soon? :!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Great picture, not sure how I missed it before.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you!

Haha, sorry it took me so long to reply... Mr Wonk, I do intend to post more, but I'm afraid I cannot say whether or not it will be soon :p

Ghostfishe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hey, I like your characters! Doca and her little brother are really cute. :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I'm back... Felt like trying to paint from memory, and this was the scene that came into my head :lol
Tried a bit of a different technique.
The older I get, the more this story resonates with me :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Just lovely! :yes
What kind of colors did you use?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice! Now I can see my avatar from a different perspective.  :D

Good job, Darkwolf!

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow! Just wow! I've stumbled onto this page in the past but I'm sorry I never lingered *facepalm*
Your artwork is so clean and crisp, your color schemes are appealing, and your layouts look very carefully selected.
Look forward to seeing more :yes
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, you just seem to get better and better as you go along. :yes I particularly love the piece you posted on my birthday last year, June 28th.  :angel :DD This most recent pic is fantastic though. You really captured the atmosphere of the first film with your colors and attention to scenery. :smile

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
W.O.W! :smile

You're one of the best artists of this forum without any doubt. I can't believe it never earned you an award  :wow
If only TLBT would be still alive... they'd do good by hireing you :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Gorgeous!Your topic has a nice variation of styles,and this is a nice addition to it.The colors you chose works very well with each,and realy gives it a mood.Also,I just love Littlefoots expression.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Wow! This is excellent! I love the colours you used, especially for the sky. Each of the characters look great, too. I love the mood it presents. :D

I wish I had more time to do LBT fanart myself, but I've been so busy with schoolwork, Air Cadets and family, and by the time I do get some spare time, I don't feel motivated enough. It's infuriating. :bang

Anyway, enough about me... I think this is a stunning piece of work and that you should keep this up! You're really talented. :D

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have just looked through your artwork for the first time and I must say that these are absolutely lovely drawings! :D  As Pterano said, you have gotten better and better as you have gone along. :yes  I especially like your most recent addition.  I feel that your combination of colors and expressions truly establish the mood of the scene your are depicting.  Littlefoot's expression in particular is priceless!

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pwetty! :D

Heheh why thanks! :smile

Just lovely! :yes
What kind of colors did you use?

Thank you! I used a program called ArtRage for this. I started by filling the page with the brown color that you see in the cracked ground and just kind of built off of that. The sky is a bright orange and rust-red blended in with the base brown color. The trees and the character outlines are both dark purple. I did the shading on the main characters using darker and lighter versions of the base brown, and used a seperate layer to lightly add their natural colors over top of that, with a low opacity brush.

Nice! Now I can see my avatar from a different perspective.  :D

Good job, Darkwolf!

Haha, yes, I guess that's so :lol
Thank you!

Wow! Just wow! I've stumbled onto this page in the past but I'm sorry I never lingered *facepalm*
Your artwork is so clean and crisp, your color schemes are appealing, and your layouts look very carefully selected.
Look forward to seeing more :yes

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it, I definitely try to pay attention to those aspects :yes

Wow, you just seem to get better and better as you go along. :yes I particularly love the piece you posted on my birthday last year, June 28th.  :angel :DD This most recent pic is fantastic though. You really captured the atmosphere of the first film with your colors and attention to scenery. :smile

Aww, thank you much :^.^:
I like that one too, I need to draw that character more often :D