The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Reseacrh Project

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

This isn't exactly an LBT project but I thought you guys and gals would be the perfect group of people to ask.

I'm in my final year of uni now and I've got to do a dissertation. A dreaded being of an assignment (10,000 words :( ) I have to fulfil to obtain my honours degree but anyway...that's going off the point  :DD

I'm doing a research project into the effectiveness of animation and cartoon characters. Basically, I'm looking at why certain cartoon characters/series are successful while others come and go and are remembered by relatively few. At the moment, things are only in the planning phases but eventually I'm going to be coming up with a questionnaire probing peoples thoughts and views on their favourite (and not so favourite) cartoons and animated pieces. In case you've been reading this with your eyes closed to this point...this is where YOU come in. I'm gonna need people's inputs on  a series of questions that will get to grips with and probe what you think makes an animation successful (actual probing with large rod not a factor of investigation :lol ).

It's all confidential, no details of your personal responses will be published in any way. I don't want names, exact ages, your cat's birthday, your mother's shoe size in Taiwanese or anything of the sort. I just need a reliable spread of candidates from different backgrounds, experiences, age-ranges etc. to ensure my results come out (relatively) accurate according to my audience. It's just a little mixture of qualitative and quantitative data for me to put in my report.

Nothing's set in stone yet, but once I around to doing this research case study...would people be interested?! They're not taxing questions and I've got clearance to perform my research. Heck, if you want a confidential data confirmation form I can give you one of those to fill out if you're that concerned :DD Just, for now, need a show of hands ( :wave ) or a head nod ( :yes ) if you wouldn't mind taking part. If I get enough response, more details will follow (once my supervisor gets back to me that is!)

Much obliged!

Littlefoot-1616 B)

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Great! 3 responses already!  :D Thanks people...really appreciate the help!

3x :yes Wickid...any more for anymore?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry this is taking so long guys! Just as an update, I have shipped off the final draft to my project supervisor and hopefully he'l give me the go ahead by Monday. So in light of that, I'll be shipping you guys all copies of the questionnaire. It's in a standard MS Word .doc format. I'll be shipping them out to email addies once I get the all clear from my supervisor. If it's ok...I'll just nick the ones from the CONTACTS page.

The position for more volunteers is still open. Basically, the more responses I get the better. Any other takers will be humbly respected! ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Count me in.. I'll gladly help you... :D
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'll give it a try.  Is there a due date?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No due date (besides my project deadline which seems to be fast approaching  :o ). But like I said, the final draft is still being looked over by my supervisor. Once I get the thumbs up, you guys will all get a copy via your email addies.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Um, I might have a problem.  I don't have MS word on my computer.  I have Word Perfect 10.  Will I still be able to view the email?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Um, I might have a problem. I don't have MS word on my computer. I have Word Perfect 10. Will I still be able to view the email?
With any luck, F-14, you should have no problems.  I had Wordperfect 9, and later 10, for a LONG time before I got MS word.  I had no problems opening Word documents.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
You can always get Open Office which would open just about anything.  :P:  (Don't have it...still have MS Office 2000...so its tempting to upgrade)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

I've finally got the go ahead from my supervisor and the questionnaires have all bin shipped out to your individual email addies! Hopefully it should all work fine but if you have any problems, don't hesitate to get in contact with me about it.

Please make sure you read my guidelines on the email BEFORE to start the questionnaire coz there are a few bits and bobs you online doers have to know before you start. Make sure you read it carefully first. Pretty please! :D There's no real rush to get it done but if you could try and get them back to be preferably before the end of April (you've got a month people...don't disappoint me! :mad  :^.^: ).

There's still more questionnaires to go out on your thoughts and views on animation! Those who have glanced at this and thoughts, "umm...I dunno" and "err...maybe...maybe not". There's still time! I can ship you out a questionnaire no probs ;) Go waannnn! It's easy stuff! Nothing taxing I promise you! You can trust this face! :D The option's there if you want it!

Thanks again guys....happy typing!

Littlefoot-1616 B)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Done, and Done, LF-1616 B).  I sent my part to the same e-mail you sent it to me from.
I hope my answers are valuable to you and your research.  Best of luck!

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm done with mine, I hope these answers work for you.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't seem to have gotten one in my email yet.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Big thanx to Roger, Action and Cyberlizard! All your answers came thru perfectly ;) Cheers fellas! Some real interesting answers...which is great! The more diverse they get, the more I have to write about. I hope the length of it wasn't too daunting :( I mean, questionnaires can be a real pain in the proverbial. Hope it didn't take up too much of your time :D

F-14: I did send you one yesterday (GMT +/- 0), can't see any reason why you wouldn't have got it. I sent it along with the rest of those who volunteered. Maybe the email just got delayed or something...if you don't receive anything in the next few days, I'll send out another one. OK ;)

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Apr 4 2006 on  05:22 AM
I hope the length of it wasn't too daunting :( I mean, questionnaires can be a real pain in the proverbial. Hope it didn't take up too much of your time :D
Don't worry, I've taken Mid quarter examns that were far worse.  ;)   That questionare was easy.  :DD   Btw, chapter 21 of my story is up, I'm sorry for the two and a half week delay.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
F-14's email was in the sent list so I don't know why he wouldn't have it.

Either way good to hear you're getting diverse answers.  Once we all have sent them in can you post our responses here?  I'd like to see that diversity (though you don't have to say who said what).  :D