The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

No One Has to be Alone MIDI

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
just need to revert back to my list of punishments to see how many lashings you deserve plus how many 128kbps BLADE encoded mp3 files I send you in replace of flacs the next time you ask....
Noooooooooooooooo!! :blink:
 :lol You know me all too well, my friend :lol

Glad it was no biggie, RR. B)

I must be tone-deaf as well, as I didn't notice anything wrong with the previous version.
Lol, maybe I am being too picky with these midis :p I just figure, if I'm going to do them, I may as well do them as accurately as possible.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry for the delay on this one, folks!  It's almost done, and I'll post a final version shortly.  I'm working on it right now.  This last slow section with the Mother Longneck singing is rather difficult, especially the piano and guitar parts.  The final section will only take me a few minutes, but this last singing section is proving to be a little challenging.

Oh, and I'll make sure the final version is a tad louder overall than the previous release.  I know the midi is sort of quiet on some sound cards (it's really quiet on mine).  I'll just make each instrument proportionally louder, and problem solved B)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Finally, No One Has To Be Alone is complete! B)

The quality of this one will really depend on your computer's sound card, especially with volume balancing.  I balanced this one for the default Windows midi synth.  If I play it back on my upgraded midi synth, some of the voice instruments are a bit too quiet.  If I increase the volume any more, however, those on the windows synth will hear the voice instruments as being Way too loud.

This song was a fairly substancial challenge to balance, volume-wise.  I am fairly happy with how it turned out, but there is still some room for improvement.  This is also one of my larger midis, regarding file size.  This is because of the large number of volume controllers present in the midi. They "sure do take up a lot of space" :lol

Anywho, here's what I came up with:
http://www.angelfire.com/az3/action9000/index.html

Also, check out my site for a mini teaser/preview of my next midi.  You'll probably recognize it pretty fast B)  :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Beautiful!  :yes
I'm looking forward to the next one as well (again a more cheerful tune which I suppose everyone will recognize immediately)  :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow! :wow

I wonder if they have something like what you're doing in the job department, becuase you'd be perfect for such a job. :)

I absolutly loved it. ^_^

It was just beautiful. :) So perfect, so percise, I can hardly believe you do so well. B)

I don't find any problems with it really, you did incredably well. :D

Just like Malte, I can't wait for the next one.

Keep up the good work.  I hope for your next one to come soon.

See ya later. :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
First of all:
Wow!
Beautiful!
I'm looking forward to the next one as well (again a more cheerful tune which I suppose everyone will recognize immediately)
:D

I wonder if they have something like what you're doing in the job department, becuase you'd be perfect for such a job.
Jobs in the MIDI field do exist, and I would love to get my hands on one of them.  As a matter of fact, that is *partly* why I'm building these midis; to set up a sort of "portfolio" of my midi abilities in case I ever get lucky enough to apply for such an opportunity.

Jobs in this field include a wide variety, such as:

Professional MIDI file creation (if you search for professional midis of popular songs, you will find a number of them out there.  MIDIs that users must pay for to access, as they are sequenced (produced) by professionals who have probably written the midi from the original artist's data directly (though I don't know for sure on that, I wouldn't be surprised if professional midi file sequencers have access to the original music to save having to do it all be ear, which is difficult and time-consuming).

Music composition for TV, video games, and films.  Much of the music found in the media, especially TV and games, is written using MIDI instructions with bigger, more expensive synthesizers (as I explained to Malte a bit over MSN, MIDI is nothing but a language that a sound synthesizer understands.  MIDI itself contains no sound data, just instructions (for example: Note C5 on, Note A4 on, note C5 off, change to instrument 005, note E5 on, change to instrument 023, change volume to 46, change volume to 48, change velocity to 72, change panning to 105, note A4 off, note E5 off, etc, etc, etc ok I'm done :P: ).
These instructions can be sent to any sound generator (Synthesizer, sound library, whatever you want to call em :P: ) for use in a number of applications.

MIDI is a Very powerful tool in the modern world of digital audio, far beyond that which we see here, in our cutesy music and cheap sound cards.  

Throw a midi instruction file to a $3500 sound library
to a $3500 sound library, and it sounds just like a live orchestra!  Incredible stuff, really.  Check out the demos on the link above.  They're nothing but midis thrown at a Hollywood-quality sound library.  I'd love to get more into it...but I don't have $3500 to spend on the software (not to mention, the powerhouse of a computer required to operate it!  Mine could probably run it decent, but I don't know for sure...):cry2
I'll just stick with my $200 instruments that I"m using in the If We Hold On Together MP3
I'll just stick with my $200 instruments that I"m using in the If We Hold On Together MP3 :lol

Check out the Action Adventure demo.  Picture That as a MIDI file.  THAT is what MIDI can be.  Crazy stuff :wow

And if you think that's crazy, Check This Out!
Check This Out! And you thought voices would never get into MIDI music!  :p  None of this is performed live.  It's all electronic, using nothing but MIDI and sound libraries.  Trust me, you've never heard MIDI choirs until you hear this! :wow

And people say MIDI sucks :o  :rolleyes:  :lol
(hmm, now I feel like going and writing a MIDI article on The Fridge :lol )

Another option: ringtones for cell phones! :lol
musical ringtones are nothing more than MIDI files.  This would be a fairly straight-forward job B)

don't find any problems with it really, you did incredably well.
"High praise, coming from you."
-Pterano
:lol Weren't you the one who said I messed up on the early release of this one?  LOL
(but yeah - I did mess up on the early releases :slap )

Keep up the good work. I hope for your next one to come soon.
Thanks a lot! :wow   More coming as soon as I can!  My computer is giving me some trouble right now though.  Looks like the hard drive that I load Windows off of, is basically dead :slap I may be slightly delayed, due to technical and other reasons, but I shall indeed do my best.  My computer is being...less than reliable, but at least it's being cooperative enough to let me write this response! :p