The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most hated/liked LBT character

Serris · 39 · 4934

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Characters I love: Petrie, Cera, Ducky, Littlefoot, Spike, Chomper, Ali, Shorty, Rhett, Mo, Skitter, Grandpa Longneck, Ruby, Guido, Mama Flyer, Mama Swimmer.

Characters I loathe: Icky, Dyl, Ozzie, Strut, Hyp, Screech, Thud, Red Claw, Petrie's brothers and sisters(I hated the way they treated Petrie cause he couldn't fly like them.) Dina and Dana, All the Yellow Bellies.

MEH: Mr. Threehorn, Mr. Thicknose, The original Sharptooth from the first movie, Tippy.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It seems some characters keep showing up on the same hate or dislike list.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, some characters have certain traits that just makes them likable/dislikable by people.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I like just about all the charcters except for a couple. Mr. Threehorn,Mr Thicknose, and thr orginal sharptooth.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Characters I Extremely Like: Chomper, Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Sharptooth (LBT 1), Sharpteeth (LBT 3), Sierra, Ali, Doc

Characters I Like: Rinkus, Pterano, Ozzy, Tria, Grandpa Longneck, Tinylongnecks, Bron, Shorty

Characters I Think Are Ok: Mr. Threehorn, Mama Flyer, Mama Swimmer,  Rhette, Tricia, Pat, Sue

Characters I Dislike: Mr. Thicknose, Moe, 3 Bullies, Ruby, Tippy, Strut, Icky, Dill

Characters I Hate: Dinah and Danah, Guido, Yellowbellies

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Most liked: Littlefoot. He's the coolest one, but everyone else in the gang comes in a close second.

Hated: Every freakin villian except the original Sharptooth. They all seem retarded to me.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would guess they are made that way to be less "scary" to kids.  At least that is my guess.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Most favorite character:
Petrie, no question about it

Least favorite character: I really don't "hate" any of the characters, it's a kids series, so I really don't hate anyone, but Mr. Three Horn really does get on my nerves, Cera comes really close...very close....but I like her dad the least.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,May 10 2008 on  08:11 PM
Cera comes really close...very close....
 :blink:  :blink:

Yeah, I guess ya don't truly know a person until ya meet them in person.  Everyone has their opinions.  Here's my two cents: there is so much more positive to Cera's character than what meets the eye(or ears), and I am in many(but not all) ways similar to her.  If she were human, I would probably view her as a best friend.  I think folks are more quick to call out a female character for being headstrong.  Why is it that it's okay for a man to speak his mind and be considered a "real man" for doing so, yet when a female speaks her mind she's considered a b**** :angry:?  If Cera was such a despicable character then why is she so well-liked?  I'm one to not associate with mean folk, so I must see positive in Cera in order for her to be my favorite character :yes  :^.^:.

Make no mistake, you're opinion is just as important as everyone else's.  I am not intending to berate ya whatsoever.  Sorry if I offended ya :slap.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,May 10 2008 on  07:56 PM
Quote from: Rat_lady7,May 10 2008 on  08:11 PM
Cera comes really close...very close....
:blink:  :blink:

Yeah, I guess ya don't truly know a person until ya meet them in person.  Everyone has their opinions.  Here's my two cents: there is so much more positive to Cera's character than what meets the eye(or ears), and I am in many(but not all) ways similar to her.  If she were human, I would probably view her as a best friend.  I think folks are more quick to call out a female character for being headstrong.  Why is it that it's okay for a man to speak his mind and be considered a "real man" for doing so, yet when a female speaks her mind she's considered a b**** :angry:?  If Cera was such a despicable character then why is she so well-liked?  I'm one to not associate with mean folk, so I must see positive in Cera in order for her to be my favorite character :yes  :^.^:.

Make no mistake, you're opinion is just as important as everyone else's.  I am not intending to berate ya whatsoever.  Sorry if I offended ya :slap.
I'm slightly offended, but not completely. Because I do call myself a feminist and I like how Cera is strong, it's just that she is VERY childish and usually treats her friends like crud. Yeah, I get, in many cultures, its okay for a guy to act up because it looks "manly" but if a woman does it she's called a b****.

I probably would like Cera more if she didn't make all of those comments to others about her and I really wish I could go into the tv screen, strangle her and tell her to grow up.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,May 10 2008 on  11:37 PM
I'm slightly offended, but not completely. Because I do call myself a feminist and I like how Cera is strong, it's just that she is VERY childish and usually treats her friends like crud. Yeah, I get, in many cultures, its okay for a guy to act up because it looks "manly" but if a woman does it she's called a b****.

I probably would like Cera more if she didn't make all of those comments to others about her and I really wish I could go into the tv screen, strangle her and tell her to grow up.
Glad to hear ya weren't too offended :yes.  I don't think others like it much when their favorite character gets bashed, but that's not the topic here.  Yeah, Cera has her moments, but I think she's come a long way since the original.  Treats her friends like crud?  Probably 'cuz she does not want to show her vulnerable side.  However, she does pull through for them in the end and they must like her; otherwise they would not consider her a friend ;).  Besides, they're still kids and are childish in their own ways.  She'll grow up someday :yes.  

I do agree with ya on Mr. Threehorn, though ;).  Maybe good old doses of Prozac and Valium outta do the trick :lol.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Hmm...  What a topic!
...What can I say?  How do I proceed here...?
I'm impartial to the GOS (yes, Chomper and Ruby included), I like Mo, 'cause he's so much fun - as a matter of fact, nine was one of my favorite movies - yeah, Tippy was okay, but, ya know, he's practically a toddler, so, his personality just hasn't quite developed yet...
Hmm...  I do like Guido; I find that I'm like him sometimes; he's got this insecurity that is SO like me on certain days...
Uhh...  Hmm...  I don't really hate Topsy, just find him to be rather gruff a lot (despite that fact that my ex-stepdad was actually WORSE than that; well, he's a different (albeit animated) entity so...).  He has his reasons...  Although, he does seem rather rough...
Tria's fine.
Tricia's cute.
I found myself disliking Sierra more than Rinkus, due to his cold personality; Rinkus just felt like an idiot...
Pterano; hmm...  He's an enigma, he is.  I like the way he turned hero in the end.
Hmm...  Ali, ah, I like her; she seems to have a friendly personality...
Bron, I felt sorry for him, searching for his son all this time...
Shorty...  An unfortunate one...  I felt pity for him.
I sort of didn't really care for the Old One's gruffness, but, again, she has her reasons, just like Topsy.  Sometimes, the only way that someone knows how to express their fears of losing someone else, is to be angry, or gruff, since that's what they were taught...  Topsy once states in the "Standing Tough" song, "I used to hear my father say, 'Stand and fight, don't run away.' He made me what I am today..."  So...  I guess a part of that comes from how you were raised...  But, only a part of it.
The Tinysauruses, yeah, they're fine too...  Cute little things.
Big Daddy, I never had anything against him, as, just like the other gruff ones, he has his reasons for being the way that he is.
Hmm...  Who else...?  Petrie's brothers and sisters, well, all I can say is, kids will be kids will be kids...  Again, never had a problem there.
Doc...  He's quite the mystery, he is...  I personally don't know what to think of him.  A wandering traveler, roaming around, saving those in peril...
Hyp, Nod and Mutt...  Ah, the bully trio...  Rough teenagers.  But perhaps a bit misunderstood, and, then again, we find out later just WHY Hyp is the way that he is.  So, although I dislike him at first, I don't dislike him by the end of LBT 3...  Nod and Mutt are just cronies/toadies.  I don't quite know what to think of them.
The Rainbow Faces are an interesting duo.  (Of course, there's obviously more than two of them, but I was referring to the specific duo in The Stone of Cold Fire.)  Enigmatic, quite.

As far as the ideas about "man being gruff is okay, woman being gruff is b****, ya know what?  I can't stand it!  I just can't stand it!!  I see woman as equal to man, because, in Genesis, Adam speaks, "...she shall be called Woman, because she was taken from Man."  She was created to be by his side, not behind his back!!!!  Whoever said that woman was weaker than man, I'd like to take out behind the woodshed...!  A woman's bones may factually be softer, but, woman has the strength to bear a child, something that would kill a man!  Who cares then?  I'd bet that woman could take a lot more bumps and bruises than a man could!  I've seen strength in women that I would have to look a thousand years to find in men!  Myself included! :angry:

Sorry to those of you who were offended by this, but, this is how I feel...  This is how I've always felt.  I have always seen women as equal, not inferior, to men.  What, just because we men have testosterone, and big muscles, that makes us superior to women??  Uh, no...  No way.  Again, I apologize, and didn't want to start a flame war on gender issues...  If anyone's offended enough, well, don't let it spoil your day, folks.  After all, I'm just another entity, blowing in the winds...  And boy, does that idea irk my chain...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Can we be careful around the topic of feminism and gender studies in humans? Thank you. I don't want this in the AM section.

On a related note:

I despised all the sharpteeth except for the Original and the 2 good ones (LBT 9 and the Gold one from LBT 7). They were too weak

Rainbowfaces - Don't know enough to say anything.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,May 11 2008 on  07:10 AM
Can we be careful around the topic of feminism and gender studies in humans? Thank you. I don't want this in the AM section.
Look...  I said I was sorry, alright?  It just...  Rubs me the wrong way...

Okay?
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sierra Appeared In The Land Before Time 7. I Don't Think He Appeared In The Land Before Time 9.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
All the Villian besides the one from the First Movie were highly Pathetic.  I also can't Stand Mr. Threehorn He's such a Bragger and a Know it all.  Ruby is where you put me.  She just pop out of nowhere.  Not saying I don't like her she is just to "New" to gain popularity.

:) Other than that I Love and Respect the other Characters in the Sequel and Series.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Favorite: Littlefoot, the hero.

Most hated: The bullies in three, Pterano and his cronies.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Bruton the Iguanodon

Characters i love: Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Ali, Grandma, Grandpa, Cera's dad, Mr. Clubtail, Sue, the longneck mom from 9,  Archie, Guido, Mo, Elsie, and even the villians: Dil, Ichy, Ozzy, Strut, the bullies from 3, Sharptooth, and Sierra.

Characters who R OK: Littlefoot's mom (I don't like her voice), Pat, Shorty, Doc, Tickles, Duckys mom, Petrie's mom, Tricia, Tria. Oh, and the rainbowfaces! Don't get me wrong, i like these characters, just not as much as the ones above,.

Characters i hate: Bron...he's creepy. Chomper in LBT 5. God i hate his voice. The annoying twins in 6. UGGH. Rinkus. Terano....reaaaaallly annoying. Tippy and his mom. And the tinysaureses.

Characters i hate beyong belief: All imaginary firends, yellowbellies, and flyer judges in 12

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
His name is PTERANO! If you're gonna keep dumping on his character time after time, then at least get is blasted name right!

Anyway, my favorite character has to be Chomper.

And I guess my least favorite would be the Yellow Bellies.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)