The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Changing Internet Service

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You guys have no idea how much my job is going to be cutting out of my paycheck for benefits and taxes.  I got a small taste recently and have found that I won't be getting as much as I used to.  As such, I really have to drop quite a few things.  One of which is my current internet service.

My Internet & Cable combo costs way too much!  There's only so little I watch that airs on TV now so I really don't need my cable connection all that much.  As such, I'll be switching from Comcast to a high speed connection with CenturyLink.  It won't be as fast, but it'll still be more than I'll need plus it'll cost far less.

I officially will be making the switch tomorrow.  I'll be setting up the connection myself.  From there, after I make sure I have CenturyLink set up and it's working properly, I'll terminate my connection with Comcast.  I'll probably have to pay a pretty penny to cancel and all, but there's not much I can do about it anyways.

So yeah, considering things go well, I should have everything changed by tomorrow.

That's all for now.

See ya later! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just got off the phone with Comcast and found that due to me being under a special contract, there will be no termination fee. :D

I do have to return the equipment to a Comcast store ASAP.  However, one piece is in there really tight and I'm going to have to buy a wrench to remove it.  Aside from that, I just need a box to carry it all in and there's no shortage of free ones to get at my work.

If things go well enough, I should have it finished by the end of the week.

That's all for now.

See ya later! :wave