The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask a random question!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I haven't really had the chance to have a good look around the fanart section lately. Saying that, I really like your humanized LBT fanart. I've seen a lot of them on deviantART as well as on here, and they look really cool! Sorry for not posting feedback on anything though, but there are two reasons for that:

1. I've only just come back recently from a nearly-year long break. :lol
2. I just suck at giving meaningful feedback. :p

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 11 2015 on  09:26 PM
I haven't really had the chance to have a good look around the fanart section lately. Saying that, I really like your humanized LBT fanart. I've seen a lot of them on deviantART as well as on here, and they look really cool! Sorry for not posting feedback on anything though, but there are two reasons for that:

1. I've only just come back recently from a nearly-year long break. :lol
2. I just suck at giving meaningful feedback. :p
1.I see. Well seeing as you like my human LBT stuff. Which one of my humanized character design or scene I've done do you like most?

2. What's your favourite dalek story in dr who?

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
1. I really like your design for Sharptooth. He looks pretty awesome being a cyborg, and it would certainly explain his near impossible strength. :lol

2. Damn, this is a hard one. Probably 'Victory of the Daleks' from series 5. Daleks shooting down enemy aircraft, Jammy Dodger self-destruct button, funky-looking Daleks, and of course, 'Would you care for some teeeaaa?'

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 18 2015 on  02:54 PM
1. I really like your design for Sharptooth. He looks pretty awesome being a cyborg, and it would certainly explain his near impossible strength. :lol

2. Damn, this is a hard one. Probably 'Victory of the Daleks' from series 5. Daleks shooting down enemy aircraft, Jammy Dodger self-destruct button, funky-looking Daleks, and of course, 'Would you care for some teeeaaa?'
I see. 1 reason I made Sharptooth a cyborg as  I thought a human man following 5 little kids around would feel a bit awkward. And would make it more interesting, same reason I made the other villains cyborgs and robots.

For me it's Doomsday with the daleks and cybermen meeting and fighting each other. Although the ending is heart breaking, for me it's like the Dr who equivelent of the death of Littlefoot's mum.

What's your favorite Cyberman story?

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jan 18 2015 on  03:36 PM
I see. 1 reason I made Sharptooth a cyborg as I thought a human man following 5 little kids around would feel a bit awkward. And would make it more interesting, same reason I made the other villains cyborgs and robots.

For me it's Doomsday with the daleks and cybermen meeting and fighting each other. Although the ending is heart breaking, for me it's like the Dr who equivelent of the death of Littlefoot's mum.

What's your favorite Cyberman story?
That makes sense. I suppose it would be awkward.  :o

I think Doomsday is my favourite episode involving the Cyberman. As you said, it's an emotional episode.

Who is your favorite animated character?

That's a hard one... I'd have to say Carl Fredricksen from Up. It always melts my heart when I see elderly couples together in films (take my favourite LBT characters for instance :DD), and I love his determination to get him and his wife (in spirit, of course) to Paradise Falls, no matter how long it takes, and that his spirit of adventure never dampened. His story was also the first to make me cry within the first ten minutes of any film. :yes Hiccup from How To Try Your Dragon is a very close second, though. :D

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
What's your favorite Cyberman and dalek design? For me I like the 80s Cyberman design. And for classic daleks it's tied between the mid 60s silver ones and the gray and black ones from the 70s and 80s.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
1. Seeing that you mentioned Hiccup up there, what is your general perception of the movie and its sequel? What did you like, what's your favourite dragon species, character (Hiccup I suppose? :p) etc.? I'm very fond of the movies myself to be honest and I have yet to watch the series they made... :p

(2. How dare you using a Ducky avatar??? Only I'm allowed to do that :p No, no question at all, just wanna take the opportunity and tell you you have a good taste in avatars, yep, yep, yep!  :wow )

3. How is your fanfiction doing and are you going to do more (fan)art? Given that you're probably just as busy with school as I am, I guess progress would be slow?

Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jan 18 2015 on  10:21 PM
What's your favorite Cyberman and dalek design? For me I like the 80s Cyberman design. And for classic daleks it's tied between the mid 60s silver ones and the gray and black ones from the 70s and 80s.
Yeah, I agree with you there. I prefer the older designs of the Cybermen and Daleks (though the newer Cyberman designs look pretty cool too). I prefer the black Daleks from the classic era.  :DD

1. Seeing that you mentioned Hiccup up there, what is your general perception of the movie and its sequel? What did you like, what's your favourite dragon species, character (Hiccup I suppose? :p) etc.? I'm very fond of the movies myself to be honest and I have yet to watch the series they made... :p

(2. How dare you using a Ducky avatar??? Only I'm allowed to do that :p No, no question at all, just wanna take the opportunity and tell you you have a good taste in avatars, yep, yep, yep! :wow )

3. How is your fanfiction doing and are you going to do more (fan)art? Given that you're probably just as busy with school as I am, I guess progress would be slow?

1. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! To be honest, I enjoyed the sequel more than the first one (which certainly breaks the general sequels rule :lol ) just because it succeeded to make me cry for most of the movie. The first movie was also excellent, though (and I love the soundtrack for both of them). :p Yes, my favourite character is indeed Hiccup and I guess the nightfury is my favourite dragon species.  :lol

2. Why thank you. Though, for some reason the Ducky avatar only shows up on my Kindle Fire browser. On my laptop it still shows the old one of the plane in the sunset. :! I picked the Ducky one because it was a good picture to describe how I was feeling that day. :p

3. Well, as I said to you on Skype, I'm just starting to revive it again. I have finished Chapter 14 (after what, nearly a year?) and I'm just in the middle of writing a deep conversation between two characters (won't say who yet, for spoilers' sake :lol ). I might try and make it somewhat happy soon (because WHEN was the last time you saw a happy chappy?), although there is another sad moment to come first. I'm not sure when I'll start uploading it again, though. I would like to get it done fairly soon because I want to start my next fanfic after this one, because it is set LBT's present day but knowing Grandma and Grandpa's past will definitely help readers to understand it more.  :yes

I'm not too sure about fanart yet, though. I've got a few sketches from ages ago, but it's just finding the time to get on with it (I like to spend long periods of time on a piece of art rather than short little bits). I do hope to get some done soon (and by soon I mean this year. :lol )

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Hmmm... Probably fish and chips (but only if it's from the local fish & chip shop.) I don't have it very often, though. :lol

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
What was the first episode of Dr who you saw? For me it was Death to the daleks. technically the first doctor who media i saw was the 2 dalek movies but they don't count as they are not in cannon.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
To be honest, I was so young when I first saw Doctor Who that I can't really remember. I remember that it was series 2 because it was with Doctor 10 and Rose, but I can't pinpoint the exact episode.  :p

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This is driving me nuts all day so I'm going to ask how likely you think this is to happen in LBT:  Littlefoot and Chomper come to decide they can't be together as they reach adulthood and part for good, always promising to remember each other and stay friends in their hearts.  Basically, a Tod and Copper scenario.  

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being "It'll never happen!" and 10 being "Yes, I think it HAS to happen", what would you guys rate this possibility?  

I just need to get an answer to this.  I even asked it on a blog at the Land Before Time Wiki.

I'm going to be a bit frank, if everyone thinks it's gotta be a 10, then I'm going to wish that they had just stopped LBT after the original and never made Great Valley Adventure or anything after it.

I'd sooner have the Yellow Bellies, Dana and Dinah, and Rhett join the Gang of Five than have that happen with Littlefoot and Chomper.  
 :(

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
What's your least favourite episode of dr who?

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Feb 1 2015 on  12:01 AM
This is driving me nuts all day so I'm going to ask how likely you think this is to happen in LBT:  Littlefoot and Chomper come to decide they can't be together as they reach adulthood and part for good, always promising to remember each other and stay friends in their hearts.  Basically, a Tod and Copper scenario. 

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being "It'll never happen!" and 10 being "Yes, I think it HAS to happen", what would you guys rate this possibility? 

I just need to get an answer to this.  I even asked it on a blog at the Land Before Time Wiki.

I'm going to be a bit frank, if everyone thinks it's gotta be a 10, then I'm going to wish that they had just stopped LBT after the original and never made Great Valley Adventure or anything after it.

I'd sooner have the Yellow Bellies, Dana and Dinah, and Rhett join the Gang of Five than have that happen with Littlefoot and Chomper. 
 :(
If they're still good friends, I don't see why Littlefoot and Chomper can't still see each other, but I do think Chomper will have to leave the Great Valley once he decides that he needs to feed on something a bit nutritious than bugs.

I do have an idea in my head for a fanfic about a leaf-eater who was separated from his parents and adopted and raised by fast biters. Eventually bigger sharpteeth also joined them and they grew up together, and when the leaf-eater decided to part ways with the carnivores, they still visited each other. I think a similar scenario with Chomper and Littlefoot is quite likely. :yes

What's your least favourite episode of dr who?

Hmm...

It's probably 'The Idiot's Lantern'. The Wire's "HUUUUNGGGRRRYYYY!" really annoyed me.  <_<

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I had the Fast biter and Leaf eater idea too.  Five Fast Biters would find a Club Tail egg that survived a rockslide (parents and other eggs dead).  They would hatch the egg, not knowing what it was, and eventually found that it was a Club Tail.  

As the Club Tail was only a baby, they couldn't bring themselves to eat her as she was just a newly hatched baby, they named her Leafie (because she ate leaves) and hid her for years.

Eventually, they encountered Littlefoot and Co. who came to their home of Hunter Valley and eventually got him and the others to take her to the Great Valley to live so she wouldn't have to hide the rest of her life.  They do promise to visit her often.  

As for Chomper, I sent him away after it appeared that Red Claw was defeated.  The Valley didn't have time to panic when he started taking down fish and even Tickle Fuzzies.  He wasn't starving, but was overly hungry and had vowed that he'd never hunt a Flattooth due to having been saved by one (see film V).  

However, after coming to the Great Valley sometime after his 20th Star Day (when he comes of age), the Great Valley lets him in for a while but eventually their hatred of all things fanged gets them to say he'll have to leave the following morning.

Littlefoot has a big blowout with the Great Valley leadership and acts most disrespectfully, though, of course, Littlefoot is right, over this, getting the Council to warn him to behave.

Littlefoot, Chomper, and Chomper's girlfriend Andromeda (seems like a plausible name for someone Chomper will eventually marry), plan to sneak Chomper's sweetheart in through a secret entrance, have her stay the night, have Littlefoot bring the adults to her the next morning,show that Chomper is nice and has trained others to be nice and that they should let him in.

(The Great Valley's secret is that Longnecks took it over and killed the T-Rexes that lived in it, or loads of them, not that the Sharpteeth didn't return the favor during the attack, and there was a nasty feud between the two that ended, at least from open war, when the Meanest Ever Sharptooth, who was sent as an assassin, was killed.

What's ironic about Chomper is that the expelled Sharpteeth had a prophecy that the first T-Rex to hatch in the Great Valley would be the one who would "wipe out the leadership of the Great Valley and put things back the way they should be.".  However, Chomper has no interest in doing that.

However, an evil scheming villain, who appears to be a handsome Leaf Eater, but is really a Bothtooth who has caused the deaths of tons of people in the Mysterious Beyond, is panicky as Chomper found out his secret and he realizes that Chomper is the first Sharptooth that he's not going to be able to persuade to be silent.  

Well, he wakes up on the Far Walkers who came to the Great Valley due to the mess he was making in the Mysterious Beyond.  It happened to be the Old One.

She encountered Chomper's sweetheart, and, having been around for ages, was alive during the time of the Longneck conquest of the Great Valley, and has it in for descendants of those Sharpteeth, of which Chomper's lover is one.  

She is about to kill Androemda but Chomper intervenes and accidentlaly slices her open with his claws.  Smelling blood and being so enraged at her behavior, he nearly bites into her, but is stopped by both Littleofot and Andromeda crying out for him to stop.

Sadly, he was seen and had to bolt.  Littlefoot helped him get away, for which Littlefoot was later given lifetime banishment for.

After looking like the hero, the villain takes over the Great Valley.

In the end though, the villain is exposed and defeated and Chomper helps save the Valley for Red Claw, the Old One's death was chalked up to accident on Chomper's part and murder on the part of the villain.  

The Great Valley learns that it's not what someone looks like but who they are that is important.  Also, Chomper finds some interesting things to hunt (i.e. Bothteeth, minus Fast Runners, and Egg Stealers, minus Strut.)

Also, Littlefoot is let back in and made the new leader of Ali's herd and he marries Ali.  Chomper and his now mate Andromeda are allowed to stay permanently as a reward for helping out the Great Valley when loads of lives would have been lost had they not helped.  

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
It's been a few years and a lot has changed, so I may as well revive this thread.

Feel free to ask about myself, my job, my thoughts on some LBT stuff and, well, whatever pops into your head.  :yes

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Winter. I don't do well in the heat and I get really bad hayfever so most of my summer is spent sheltering indoors. :rhett_ohno