The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 111100

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Since the official trailer for this movie has finally been revealed, this will be the official topic for discussing the movie... Mostly because the other topic the discussion was held on had a really bad topic name, haha. I've reuploaded the trailer on Youtube for those of you who said they were unable to watch it on the official website, here's the version on Youtube (until they take it down, that is...)
http://youtu.be/roL4G-R0ows

Lets hope for more information soon!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
TBH, Universal would be foolish to take down the trailer.  At this point, all it does is give it more publicity which means more sales when it comes out.  Mine for the other LBT movies have been up for months.  If anything, Universal will probably just set it up to make money off of it. (Like they've done to a few of mine.)

Only if they knew it really sucked would they remove the trailer.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
From these few scenes it looks like they're playing it quite safe with this movie. Nothing radical here, for better or for worse.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
From what I can recall (hours after seeing the video) Felix Avita somewhat reminds me of a mix between... Thomas Dekker and Brandon LaCroix...? Idk been quite a few hours lol

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Anyone else think this might be the debut of Monolophosaurus within the Sharptooth lineup?

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Oh God. Nostalgia. Overload. Can't. Take.

CHILDHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD!!!!!

Phew. Sorry about that. I just can't believe the gang's really back. Anyway, the trailer looks pretty awesome. I like that the animation isn't CGed like some of us were fearing. The voices are still pretty good (the new kid they got to voice Littlefoot sounds perfect for the role). The only voice I don't think fits is Reba McEntire as the Pteranodon. Her voice just doesn't sound like it fits the character to me. Of course, I could end up being wrong but right now, it just sounds kind of odd.

I'm also interested to see Chomper and Ruby in the movie. Perhaps this will be a prequel to the TV series and show us how the two of them ended up in the Great Valley?

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
"Playing it safe" and "Reba McEntire" should not be used in the same sentence.  We'll be having some good ol' country twang in this film with her.  Odd casting choice for sure.

Very very surprised for the 2-D look...I expected to see some really bad CGI-mix in there, and there wasn't any, at least in the trailer.  I don't care for Bron much, so I will probably pass on the film, just for that reason.  If Mo was in it, maybe I'd give him a chance since he's a bubble of fun.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 30 2015 on  08:16 PM
"Playing it safe" and "Reba McEntire" should not be used in the same sentence.  We'll be having some good ol' country twang in this film with her.  Odd casting choice for sure.

Very very surprised for the 2-D look...I expected to see some really bad CGI-mix in there, and there wasn't any, at least in the trailer.  I don't care for Bron much, so I will probably pass on the film, just for that reason.  If Mo was in it, maybe I'd give him a chance since he's a bubble of fun.
Wait, you'd pass (edit: may pass) on a new LBT movie after 8 years because you don't care for Bron much... am I misunderstanding something here or...

I find this very very odd  :huh:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
You understood correctly.  Everything really fell off a cliff after watching #8 with Robert Guillame for me.  The only LBT movie I really do own is the first one.  I have none of the sequels on dvd.

Shocking huh?  :!

I hold the original dear to my heart and would buy the blu-ray even with no extras just because I like it that much and it deserves better than part of the 3 pack DVD I own with An American Tail and Balto. ;)  I still need to get Tail on blu-ray now that I bring that up......

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll skip the part where I freak out about the trailer and get straight to the analytical part (I've purposely waited a few hours so I can think straight  :lol )

Well, where to begin? Maybe the title...

First of all either title sounds exciting (the new version maybe even sounding a bit more like the typical adventurous LBT movie) and would fit the synoptical plot really well. Journey of the Heart would imply that there's some really deep stuff in the movie while Journey of the Brave rather sounds like an action-loaded movie. Either way, Littlefoot has to master a challenge - to rescue his dad, and that requires both heart (err love and stuff like that) and bravery...

The point of this little paragraph is that I'm not sure if Journey of the Brave is the real title. Yeah, I know, why'd they release a trailer with a wrong title? But the site hosting the trailer still has Journey of the Heart as the title :p Ehh, we'll see...

It seems like we have a new LBT day to add to our glossary: Treasure Day! What could it be about (or based off human special days)? Sounds to me like a sort of day where you get gifts...

I'm really happy that the characters stil look the same! No Tv-series-style, whew!

As I can see, the producers are using tried and tested dangers the Gang have to overcome: Sharpteeth and volcanoes. So... nothing new but hey, there's no LBT movie without some predatory creature or natural hazard threatening our beloved Gang, right? :p

Speaking of Sharpteeth... they look different than usual and I think that's good (and scientifically more correct... I guess (same goes for Chomper, he's back to two-claws yay!)). I was kinda expecing Redclaw to pop up at some point but apparently we got some random guys again.

Speaking of Chomper... he may be my least favourite of the Gang but i'm still really happy to see the producers not ignoring the TV-series and introducing Ruby to a sequel along with Chomper.

So far I have gotten the impression that these two won't be around the Gang for the whole movie as they only have like a few milliseconds of screentime in the trailer :p Maybe they'll make a cameo appearance or there could be a sort of flashback? Or maybe (I'd love that option) this is, like Malte put it, a prequel to the TV-seris showing how Ruby met the Gang? Only time will tell ;)

Now for that new character (who would have thought...a flyer!)... It was kinda obvious we'd be getting a new character since we always got a new character in a new sequel (sometimes more or less important though...) She seems like adult flyer with the role to guide the Gang (kind of like Archie in LBT 4). Not like a major character but like a character I may keep in mind positively... :)

The trailer hasn't shown Bron nor Shorty but I'm pretty convinced we'll see both of them (alive) :yes

Oh, and... BABY SWIMMERS!!! I'm dying from cuteness overload! :lol

The voice actors... I'm glad to see so many voice actors pick up their old characters again. Since Felix sounds so much like Littlefoot that I honestly don't notice much of a difference at all, the Gang will still sound the way I'm used to (from the later sequels anyway :p). Some character's VA still have to be verified or announced though.

Those songs that got featured in the trailer sound alright. Not blowing my mind but not making me run away screaming either :p I'll have to listen at the whole song to decide whether they're good or bad.

The animation style... A lot of the elements, backgrounds and, particularly, the way rocks are animated remind me a lot of LBT 13 although everything looks better than in that movie. I don't think it can reach the level of quality LBT 12 had (in my opinion the best animated late sequel)

Hmm yeah, I think I've covered the most important aspects. If not, it's past 4:30 am already I should be safely tucked into my nest for a long time already :angel

Overall I must say that the trailer confirms my high hopes for LBT 14. I'm sure it's going to be one of the better sequels! Yep, yep, yep!  :exactly

Okay, analysis done, now I can flip out! A TRAILER YAY!!! :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate
Inactive, probably forever.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
All I can say is I'll be looking forward to seeing this. Exciting to see the trailer and to know that surprises await in this film.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I won't be passing on this movie at all; even though they have to get new voice actors for Grandpa Longneck and Topsy. I'm sure their new voice actors will be just as good as their previous ones; although, it won't be the same without them. When characters have had the same voice actors for many years; it's hard to think of them voiced by different voice actors.

(I'll be looking forward to it when this movie is released on DVD. It sounds like a very interesting movie.)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've reuploaded the trailer on Youtube for those of you who said they were unable to watch it on the official website, here's the version on Youtube (until they take it down, that is...)

You damn, dirty pirate, you! :p :lol

Yeah, Since Chomper and Ruby are in this, apparently, I'm hoping it's gonna be how the gang originally meets Ruby, and the two come to live in the valley. I'd love to see how the Gang originally get's the Valley to accept Chomper. Maybe Bron helps him get in, after Chomper helps to save him?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Maybe I'm just losing it but that scene with Chomper and Ruby..... It just feels as if Ruby doesn't know who Chomper is yet as if she was thinking "This is one weird sharptooth". Am I the only one who gets that feeling? Am I just overanalyzing?

Anyways I can't wait for more news. The movie looks very promising thus far!!!!!  :)
Life Is Good

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Oh God...
:O

eight years of waiting, and this moment has come...

*I really need a time to assimilate this*

(wow, they didn't forget about Chomper and Ruby! :D)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Wonder why Universal hasn't put the trailer on their youtube yet? You'd think it be up there..... Strange.....
Life Is Good

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh my gosh! Just by watching the trailer it gives me the LBT feel 💗💗💗💗!!!! SO EXCITED! WELCOME BACK GANG!!! :D
8 years with TGOF :yum

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm so excited for this new film!!!!!

Also I had shared the trailer that Mumbling posted on youtube and shared it to FB. This is the first time that Aria Curzon saw the trailer btw. I know this because she commented on my post regarding the shared trailer (believe it or not we're friends on fb so.....) Anyways the film is looking good thus far  :)
Life Is Good

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have no idea how many times I've watched this trailer. But, yeah it looks like this might be a prequel to the series where they find Ruby and Chomper, and that would be pretty exciting, since the TV series left a LOT of unanswered questions. Also, the giggle definitely SOUNDS like Meghan Strange, so I have a good feeling that she will be reprising her role as Ruby. But I have no idea who'll do Chomper. Time will tell, I suppose, but I'm really pumped for the movie so far.

I also can't wait to hear all the scREAMING.