The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rhett - April 2020 (April Fools)

rhombus · 66 · 9761

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, everyone, now that Ichy and Dill have had their time in the Bright Circle, it is time to shine the spotlight on someone who never really had a chance to manifest as an effective antagonist. I am, of course, referring to the Useless Sharptoot from LBT VI.  Though he is but one example of the degradation of sharpteeth in the sequels, I think that by showcasing him we can...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:19:40 AM by Taunt »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Rhett

• Hero of the Herd
  • Ruby
  • Scarer of the Sharpteeth
    • View Profile
This useless Sharptooth takes precedence over MY APPEARANCE? Ha! I beat that Sharptooth months ago. That's why he was so dumb when Littlefoot ran into him. He was still dazed from his encounter with me. No. I won't have it. This will be my month and mine alone!
Also called M'lord, by my loyal fans

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Rhett?!  :opetrie First of all, you are new to the forum so you should introduce yourself in the The Welcome Center.  Second, we admins have already determined a schedule for the Character Showcase.  If you keep up interrupting people then you will receive a warning or worse.  :evilsmile

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Rhett

• Hero of the Herd
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Introduce myself? Everyone knows about the Amazing Rhett! And what is this threat?  "Or worse..." are you sure about that, human? Just try to ban me! You cannot ban a member of my supreme rank!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Rhettministrator rank?  What in the heck is this?   :opetrie How did you get that?

Rhett

• Hero of the Herd
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Oh, a friend helped me out with that...

Rhett

• Hero of the Herd
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Now to show you so-called admins who is boss! You are just regular members now! I am the boss here now and my friend Taunt can be my underling! Now, you if you two don't behave then Rhett is not afraid to use the ban hammer!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What the heck? How did he get in? @rhombus I seem to have lost my admin rank, not sure if you can fix that? :/

Sorry, Rhett, but this really is supposed to be the useless Sharptooth's month. You have to wait your turn.

Rhett

• Hero of the Herd
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Oh, I am afraid that is not going to happen. Ladies and gentlemen, under the leadership of Rhett this forum will rise to new heights! This is not only my month, but also my forum! So, in this topic, please feel free to discuss me. 

Taunt

• A questionable test account
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theonion.com/

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Taunt

• A questionable test account
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theonion.com/
Okay, everyone, I think that we had quite a bit of fun with this year's festivities.  :bestsharptooth But now that the dust has settled, I do think that it makes sense to showcase Rhett for April. But don't worry fans of the useless sharptooth from film 6!  :p  In the place of where we had Rhett scheduled previously (September) we will have an honorable mentions month to celebrate all of the sharpteeth in the series that did not live up to expectations.

For now though, please feel free to discuss and showcase the forum's (former) ruler: Rhett!   :rhett_smile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Rhett Stainglass Edit:

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:14:11 AM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There are limits to harassment you know *sigh*
Inactive, probably forever.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Sooooo he's actually this month's showcase...alright then, here are my thoughts on Rhett. He's not a very likeable character, that's true, but if you ask me, that's due to blandness more than anything else. Yeah, he was rude to the Gang of Five and fibbed to everyone, but why does that make him any worse than the also blandly-mean bullies from III? As a one-note liar/jerk of a kid whose actions caused nothing more than annoyance, I wouldn't even say he's worthy of the villain character showcase.

It always looked to me like Rhett was vilified in the LBT fandom far more than he ever was in the show, which kind of baffles me. Is it because he came between Littlefoot and Ali or something like that? I guess I just must not feel as strongly about Littlefoot+Ali as the rest of you do, though I do agree Ali was introduced as a Littlefoot love interest and is the only character shown in the series that Littlefoot could reasonably end up with. Maybe I'm just not much of a shipper in general, because I can probably count all the ships I care about on one hand.

Call me crazy, but I always thought the Brave Longneck Scheme episode was fun. The scene where the gang rehearses their plan always had me laughing, especially with how giggly everyone is the first run-through. And Rhett got what was coming to him when Chomper came tearing out of the bushes at him!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
It always looked to me like Rhett was vilified in the LBT fandom far more than he ever was in the show, which kind of baffles me. Is it because he came between Littlefoot and Ali or something like that?
This topic has totally come up before, and I will repeat what I stated, and that the issue with the Brave Longneck Scheme is that LBT4 Ali and TV series Ali are like two different characters. Ali is the deal-breaker in the episode, and all of us just take it out on Rhett by proxy.

Rhett, Rhett, Rhett... admittedly he's just fun to hate.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Apart from the voice, yeah he's pretty unlikable but I guess he was just written that way in order to make the episode more.... "exciting"

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
One thing remains constant throughout all fandoms and it's you don't mess with the shippers  :bestsharptooth
Whether intentional or not this episode came out to be the perfect troll episode in existence. People and shippers have been waiting for literally over a decade to see Ali come back, only to have her off screen 90% of the time because she can only play with Rhett haha. Even though I'm not that big into shipping, this episode was still a let down for me initially so I can't imagine the rage of someone that cares a lot more then me.

Because of that (and Rhett just being an undesirable character to start with) people have loved to hate him over the years. That led me to slowly start teasing people about how great Rhett is. Things picked up significantly when Vojeds entered the picture and started treating him like a god, which is what eventually led to yesterdays glorious mess.  :RhettAli

What I actually find interesting about this episode is that usually any of Cera's or Littlefoot's plans get rebutted by the other. In this instance they were both completely united with doing whatever it took to get Ali to see the lies. So, yay for development?  :PCera I actually don't mind the episode nowadays. Heck, bring Rhett back as well I think that would be fun haha.