The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

War Before Time - Concept Art

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
aww, Dagara grew up indeed!

Good drawing!
So much colors and good shading.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nicely done! Not sure if the smile is supposed to be more of a happy one or a menacing one with how much of a fighter she's hyped up to be  :PLoofah

You may notice subtle elements of her anatomy that suggest something remarkable about her species.  I took some poetic license with amargasauruses in my War Before Time canon.  Can anyone figure out what makes her kind so unique among longnecks?
Hmmm is it her sharper claws instead of the more standard rounded ones?  :thinking

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Nicely done! Not sure if the smile is supposed to be more of a happy one or a menacing one with how much of a fighter she's hyped up to be  :PLoofah

You may notice subtle elements of her anatomy that suggest something remarkable about her species.  I took some poetic license with amargasauruses in my War Before Time canon.  Can anyone figure out what makes her kind so unique among longnecks?
Hmmm is it her sharper claws instead of the more standard rounded ones?  :thinking

Thanks!  Good point about the smile, @Flathead.  I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with this design.  On the other hand, her shar-toothed grin is always menacing, even when it's friendly as in this case.  For that reason, she usually hid her teeth as a kid, which is why you never see them in the comics ... yet.

Yup, the claws and teeth.  You got it!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 04:53:41 AM by The Mr E »

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Finally made a prompt entry, which serves the dual purpose of the cover image for my fanfic, 'Surviving a Sharpneck'!  This one is for the May/June prompt, 'Unlikely Encounter'.  Yup, still in my Dagara phase!  Being an OC of mine, Dagara has, of course, never interacted with Cera (or anyone else) canonically, but I see no rules against OCs, so I decided to give it a shot!  This encounter's even more unlikely, given that the two of them live in separate valleys ... not to mention all entrances/exits to Dagara's valley have been cut off since The Great Earthshake.

Cera has not fully come to grips with the danger she's in ... but she's getting there.  What happened between these two?  How will Cera survive Dagara's fiery wrath?  Breathing steam like a fire-breathing monster, what exactly is Dagara?  How are they interacting, despite the distance and obstacles between them?  Find out in my fanfic, 'Surviving a Sharpneck'
'Surviving a Sharpneck'

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ohhhh very nice! I love how warm your colors feel. And you definitely portrayed Cera's uncertainty well in her facial expression. Solid work :)

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Cera has never been one to admit to being in danger, has she?  :ceramad Very nice work, this is a superb art piece

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh hey another prompt entry, nice! Very well done with the expressions! Never noticed that Dagara has a bit of a tear in her eye when looking at this on my phone. Great job with this!

Being an OC of mine, Dagara has, of course, never interacted with Cera (or anyone else) canonically, but I see no rules against OCs, so I decided to give it a shot!
Yeah I see no reason as to why this wouldn't be allowed. I generally want to leave prompts as open as possible to allow for more creative freedom within it.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Haha. It seems that Cera, who is normally the one known for being fiery, has finally met someone who could give her a run for her money.

Nicely done, as usual. :DD

Oh hey another prompt entry, nice! Very well done with the expressions! Never noticed that Dagara has a bit of a tear in her eye when looking at this on my phone.
Oh, interesting. I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh hey another prompt entry, nice! Very well done with the expressions! Never noticed that Dagara has a bit of a tear in her eye when looking at this on my phone. Great job with this!

Yeah I see no reason as to why this wouldn't be allowed.  I generally want to leave prompts as open as possible to allow for more creative freedom within it.

Good eye @Flathead770!  I didn't want the tear to be too obvious, but I'm glad someone noticed it!

Thanks for the creative freedom with the entries.

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Haha. It seems that Cera, who is normally the one known for being fiery, has finally met someone who could give her a run for her money.

Nicely done, as usual. :DD

Thank you @StardustSoldier :littlefoot:)!  Funnily enough, Dagara doesn't really view Cera as a hot-head.  More like an uncomfortably-warm-head.  Annoyingly whiny?  Yup.  Petulantly persistent?  Sure.  Insensitive?  Often, but it's hard to view Cera as a serious hothead when a sharpneck's anger is so much more extreme.

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Cera has never been one to admit to being in danger, has she?  :ceramad Very nice work, this is a superb art piece

Yup.  She hasn't.  :OhYou.  Thanks @Mouse-a-saur.

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Ohhhh very nice! I love how warm your colors feel. And you definitely portrayed Cera's uncertainty well in her facial expression. Solid work :)

I wavered between Cera having a borderline oblivious stare and looking overtly fearful, but this feels like a good in-between for me.  Thank you, @Mumbling!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
C'mon, Cera never lost to any silly longnecks, well (or to one particular longneck, at least), so don't be afraid, Cera, you can deal with this one too! Remember: threehorns are the best!  :ToppsGrumpy

This drawing is so good! :D
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Thank you, @Sneak!  I'm sure Cera would appreciate the encouragement, assuming she can hear it over the point-blank snarling.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Your art has such a neat comic-book quality to it! :)littlefoot You really draw poses and expressions with a lot of personality, and it suits Dagara’s energy and attitude so well. The “Surviving a Sharpneck” cover is so well drawn and definitely gets across the tension that drives the story while Cera’s thought bubble allows some humor into the situation. Really great work!

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege You're right, come to think of it - there is a comic book type style I employed that doesn't quite simply fall under 'cartoony'.  I hadn't consciously realised.  Thanks!  I'd initially made Dagara's line art more like Cera's, but the jagged, rough look was more of an afterthought to suggest that she's practically vibrating with anger.

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
IS THAT ... LITTLEFOOT?

Aaand I feel like a mad scientist  :rhett_smile.  At some point during the later stages of War Before Time, Littlefoot and his friends are augmented for the battle of the ages.  Extreme threats require extreme responses.  Trust me, it makes sense in context (*ahem*RainbowFaces*cough*).  Don't worry, he'll be back to normal-ish-sorta-maybe when the war's over.  :littlefoot:)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 07:32:40 PM by The Mr E »

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
 :littlefoot Talk about an upgrade

Awesome art piece!

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~