The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

So who wants to go back to theaters?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
There's been a big push for Streaming lately, what with the Coronavirus, and... I can't say I'm comfortable with it. I really enjoy the theater experience and hope it survives this.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I do enjoy my streaming services, especially during these days when I've had to spend more time than usual being cooped up inside. But the theater experience is special to me as well; I too hope it survives this. Here's hoping for the best.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, while personally I don't go to the theatre too often, I still like it and would not want it to go away.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yeah, while personally I don't go to the theatre too often, I still like it and would not want it to go away.
Yes, I like to have options. And besides, if everything goes to Streaming, it'll be real easy for the companies to censor and ban works they deem "politically unaccaptable".
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
The last time I went to the theater was about 2 years ago to see the new Maze Runner film, The Death Cure. There's still movies I'd like to watch on the big screen, but considering the circumstances, I'm okay with waiting.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Never been since I was 6, about 9 days before I was 7 back in 2003 when Finding Nemo was released in the UK.

Can't stay still for a movie time in one go.

Prefer the DVDs or streaming.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Screw movie theaters.  I'm still traumatized by that one time I had to face a pack of angry Karens and their horde of unruly, uncivilized rugrats who acted like the movie theater was their personal playground.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I don’t, I am sticking with HBO Max to watch the movies I am anticipating:

Godzilla vs Kong
Dune
Mortal Kombat
Jurassic World: Dominion
007 No Time To Die
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 04:18:57 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Well, since Jungle Cruise is coming out on July 30th (and I’m very interested in it), I decided, forget Disney Plus, I need to go to theaters for once and watch this movie!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Honestly, I'm very unlikely to go to movie theaters anymore, everything I want to watch keeps coming out on streaming services.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^Same here!

I'm thinking that the pandemic showed that the theater was not forever sustainable.  It kind of woke up the Movie Industry. (Not completely, mind you.) They've definitely taken steps in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.  They still have a ways to go, though.

In truth, I've always preferred streaming at home.  Made me realize that ever since I got Netflix and chose my first movie on it to be Armageddon of all things.  I think that experience speaks for itself.

Point is, I'd rather wait for it to come out on a streaming service.  If it comes out at the same time, that's just a bonus for me.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Going to the theatre can be fun when it's a big "important" movie to you, but most times I'd rather see it at home  :areyouserious

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on July 13, 2021, 09:23:11 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on July 13, 2021, 09:23:11 PM
Honestly, I'm very unlikely to go to movie theaters anymore, everything I want to watch keeps coming out on streaming services.

Same here. Frankly I’m done with theaters. They can keep the overpriced popcorn, bedbugs, and inconvienant bathrooms.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith