The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Which game did you ¨spend most time on? In your life?

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I think, that it is GTA San Andreas. Even though I did finish it only once (storyline), I certainly did start it playing from the beginning many, many times, and enjoyed the game during the missions. First time I played is maybe 2005.

Few others, which fall a little behind:

Gothic III

The Witcher I, I did play it in Czech, then in English, Polish, and I have a lot of good memories, the way of battles, good story, dialogues, good atmospherics, i simply love it.

Pokemon Gold edition is also worth mentioning. Due to my lack of knowledge of languages in my elementary school days, I did not understand nearly anything, so it happened to me many times, that I was stuck, did not know, what to do, and after a long time, I happened to beat this obstacle, move forward, and finally stuck again, until I finally finished the game for the first time. Because of so much time spent on this game, I very rarely lose, because I play it always the same time-proven way, and if I lose, it is just one or two losses between start and finish.
Pokemon Red is similar, but I played it a bit less.

I spent a lot of time playing also few other games, but I doubt, that any other will be close to these.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Steam says I have 3,700 hours in Team Fortress 2, and I highly doubt anything else will ever come close. It was literally the only thing I played upon discovering video games in college (my parents wouldn't let me play them before i moved out) for a huge chunk of my formative years. Led to me becoming a gaming journalist and videographer too, hundreds of my articles and videos are about TF2.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
It's Dune II, or Zero Tolerance (I replayed both them over two hundred times, each of them), or first games from Submachine series (replayed them over two thousands times, each of them, though they're short).
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would expect it to be an online game for me, which doesn't have any hours logged. Probably either Runescape (both versions combined), Neopets or Puzzle Pirates. I can imagine at least one of those having 5000 hours clocked if they had logged it.

My most played Steam game is Binding of Isaac at 300 hours.

I know I had over 500 hours in Pokémon Silver back in the day.

I also have over 500 hours in Pokémon XY.

Perhaps Pokémon as a series rivals my time played in long-running online games.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I invested quite many hours into GTA: San Andreas. At the same time I probably wasted about +3000 hours on Halo Reach on Xbox 360. And now, while I no longer really play it, I had almost 2000 hours on CS:GO before I quit playing it.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I put many hours into Tomodachi Life for the 3DS, which as of today, is still the greatest 3DS game I ever played.

I hope when the next Nintendo Direct comes out, they announce a remake, or a sequel…

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Bloons in general, haha.

But on Steam I've racked up 657.9 hrs of gameplay on Bloons Monkey City lmao, all in a relatively short timespan. Like a month or so for that.
:SharptoothAmused

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
For me it would be a tie between Halo 2, and Halo Reach. I spent countless hours online playing Team Slayer and etc.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I also want to mention, my most played game on the Xbox 360 would be Castle Crashers or Guitar Hero III. Not sure which one I've played more, haha. :P

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

FallenTreeStar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Halo 3 probably has my most time played. Other big contenders would be Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Kingdom hearts 1 and 2.
- Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.

MF217

• 밀레 시안
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://mf217.deviantart.com/
Mabinogi appears to be the game I have with the most playtime ever recorded for any of my given games on Steam, although considering for the longest of time I wasn't even using the Steam version despite having the same activity on the game before and after relocating to the Steam version? It's kind of saying something when over the past two years I've accumulated over 4,000 hours of playtime recorded on the Steam version alone.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
MF217
SW-2833-1633-8314
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on various games for the 3DS or Switch please.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
According to my Steam account, I've logged a total of 2,314 hours in playing Civilization V, which I had played between early 2013 and late 2017. Spending that much time on a single game is pretty much the main reason why I chose not to get Civilization VI, as there's a lot of other things of interest I'd like to spend my time with.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Loire

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Your personal trustworthy crab, aargh!
    • View Profile
I guess I played Halo 2, 3 and reach the most of all my games. Was quite entertaining spending a lot of time constructing in forge, playing online multiplayer and replaying story missions as a kid. Probably combined they would surpass 1k hours of gameplay. Too bad I suck now haha :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would argue Pokemon Gold Version on Gameboy Color.  It especially went up when I got Pokemon Stadium 2 for N64.  You have to understand that back then, we had little way to save our Pokemon.  With those storage boxes on Pokemon Stadium 2, we were able to store them again and restart the game.

Yes, I did restart multiple times just to get my whole team to have Earthquake.  Give me a reason why I shouldn't. :P

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Yes, I did restart multiple times just to get my whole team to have Earthquake.  Give me a reason why I shouldn't. :P

Haha, that's awesome! Stardust approves. :p

Minecraft is definitely up there on my most played games of all time. I first got into it around early to mid 2012. Many addictive hours have since been spent with it. I haven't played the game in a while now, but I keep coming back to it every year or two.

I'm also a big Super Mario fan and have put a lot of time into that series. Of all the Mario games though, Super Mario World is the one I've played the most. My brother is a big fan of SMW too and so him and I will often play through it together.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile

Haha, that's awesome! Stardust approves. :p

Minecraft is definitely up there on my most played games of all time. I first got into it around early to mid 2012. Many addictive hours have since been spent with it. I haven't played the game in a while now, but I keep coming back to it every year or two.

I'm also a big Super Mario fan and have put a lot of time into that series. Of all the Mario games though, Super Mario World is the one I've played the most. My brother is a big fan of SMW too and so him and I will often play through it together.

Minecraft is definitely a game I spend the most time on too.  I first got it on mobile back in 2013, and then in 2014 I believe, I got a PS4 for Christmas and the first game I got for that console was Minecraft.  And that’s, where I spent the most time on playing that game.

As of today, I don’t really play Minecraft on mobile anymore due to my device discontinuing mobile Minecraft, so I now mostly play on the Switch (currently played for 120 hours and more possibly), and PS4 (which possibly I played for many hours there).

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I've gone through quite a few games where I play one specifically for a couple months straight. Mario Kart Wii was probably my most played game. Although, Donkey Kong Country Returns got quite a lot of play time.
Go Chomper!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Donkey Kong Country Returns is a good one too. I should really finish up all the DKC games sometime.