The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Clifford the Big Red Dog (2021)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
whoa, what? :O
Never heard about it before.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha, I can see this being a cute kids movie. No need to hate on something when you're not its intended target audience ;)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I'm not hating on the movie. I just think it looks lame. And true, I am not the target audience, although it has always been my belief that children's media can have appeal to adults as well and doesn't need to be dumbed down just because you're targeting a younger audience. But alas, there is kids' media out there that does indeed feel "dumbed down" at times.

Although I will acknowledge that this is merely a trailer, and the final movie could in fact end up being really good. But either way, I just don't think this one would be my cup of tea. Or if I can put it another way, the trailer at least just didn't win me over.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think the CGI/Live action works for this movie because Clifford is supposed to be an unrealistic giant dog, not a realistic giant dog.

Also BTS fans on Twitter of course went insane because a song appeared in the trailer, I don't care what song appears even Gonna Buy Me A Dog by the Monkees from 1966. If the movie looks like a wreck it will be a wreck.

I will say as well that I won't be watching due to my annoyance of Jack Whitehall.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 09:34:45 AM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I was also surprised and also facepalmed after seeing the trailer.

I hope Clifford is something else other than an overglorified oversized dog just running round the streets and causing mayhem in this movie. He was much more than just that as we've seen in the original animated cartoon series. :)
Why do they need to make live action of literally everything?

The best part about the trailer was the BTS song lol. It does make things a bit more hype.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...