The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Greetings!

shaiger · 20 · 2253

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hello everyone! I'm a new member on this forum but a longtime LBT fan.

I'm Shaiger (or Shai for short), I go by he/him pronouns, I'm 27 years old and I reside in Northern Europe.
I'm a freelance artist and an animation major who likes to draw characters (as opposed to objects or landscapes), and my work is mostly digital.
In addition to LBT and dinosaurs in general, my current interests are Transformers, Overwatch, paranormal mysteries, horror movies and practical effects.
I'm autistic and I have ADHD, and I'm very open about being neurodivergent.

As for LBT, I've been a fan ever since mid to late 90's. My favorite movies are the first, 4th, 5th and 7th, and my favorite characters are Uncle Pterano, Littlefoot and Petrie.
LBT is one of my special interests, and while I'm not currently focusing on it, my love for the franchise hasn't faded.
One of my dreams is to make video essays of the movies, give them a more in-depth analysis since there isn't a large body of critical and academic work studying them.

Pleasure to meet you all. I was truly delighted to find an active forum dedicated to LBT.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Welcome Shaiger to GOF! May the Bright Circle Shine on your time here.

When I looked up Shaiger and a Final Fantasy or Zelda looking character appeared.

Who is Shaiger?

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Welcome Shaiger to GOF! May the Bright Circle Shine on your time here.

When I looked up Shaiger and a Final Fantasy or Zelda looking character appeared.

Who is Shaiger?

Thank you kindly.

Haha, don't know about Zelda or FF, but back in my teens I wanted a new nickname to use on the internet, so I just ended up doing a portmanteau of shark and tiger (as tiger sharks are one of my favorite animals).

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Hello and welcome to our Great Valley!
:ChomperImAwesome

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum, shaiger!  :rainbowwave I hope that you have a great time here. You mentioned in your initial post that you have an interest horror movies; I am curious as to which films have caught your interest?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi Shaiger, welcome to the forum! Honestly loving the shark + tiger username haha, that's great. Hope you have a great time here and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to the GoF Shai!  :rainbowwave
Have you perhaps done any LBT fanart in the past?  :rhett_smile

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
For somebody who is Autistic as well with OCD I welcome you.

A lot of people with Autism including myself have a connection to animated characters. Would you say you have the same connection on a level of animated characters speak to you? :thinking

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Welcome to our gang!

Would like to look at your LBT fanart, if you have any. :)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to our Great Valley!
:ChomperImAwesome

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum, shaiger!  :rainbowwave I hope that you have a great time here. You mentioned in your initial post that you have an interest horror movies; I am curious as to which films have caught your interest?

Much obliged!
What a hard question haha. There's tons of horror movies I like but my all time favorites must be The Thing (1982) and Alien (1979), and the newest findings that I've really enjoyed are Candyman (1990), The Wailing (2016), Videodrome (1983), Peeping Tom (1960), The Quiet Family (1998) and Thirst (2009).

Hi Shaiger, welcome to the forum! Honestly loving the shark + tiger username haha, that's great. Hope you have a great time here and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions :)

Thank you kindly. I will definitely keep that in mind c:

Hello and welcome to the GoF Shai!  :rainbowwave
Have you perhaps done any LBT fanart in the past?  :rhett_smile

Thank you! I sure have drawn fan art in the past, and I'm redoing some of my old art as we speak. When I have enough material, I'll put them in the fan art section.

For somebody who is Autistic as well with OCD I welcome you.

A lot of people with Autism including myself have a connection to animated characters. Would you say you have the same connection on a level of animated characters speak to you? :thinking

Greetings!
I'm not quite sure I understand the question fully, but I'd say I have a very strong connection to fictional characters in general, not just the animated ones.
Well, not every character all at once, but the ones I really really like. To some I feel a personal connection to either by projecting or relating to (personality, struggles, trauma, etc.), and some feel like they're lifelong friends. If that makes any sense <:').

Welcome to our gang!

Would like to look at your LBT fanart, if you have any. :)

Thanks! I sure do have some LBT art and I'm planning on putting them in the fanart section c:

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
 Hello and welcome!  :rainbowwave Great to have you here and I can’t wait to see your LBT fanart!!  :Mo
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you!  :MomCompassion

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Loire

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Your personal trustworthy crab, aargh!
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll enjoy your time here.  :Mo

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!  :rainbowwave chomper94 is the name, your friendly Sharptooth forum member!  :chompysmile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
One of my dreams is to make video essays of the movies, give them a more in-depth analysis since there isn't a large body of critical and academic work studying them.

Oh, I also wanted to mention, let me know if this comes to fruition at some point. I would be interested to see this.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hi all and thank you for the warm welcoming. Sorry for the late reply - been busy with IRL stuff. So far I really like this forum, my experience has been 100% positive! 💖

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Excellent. We are delighted to hear that.
 :ChomperPOG :ChomperImAwesome

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum shaiger! :D

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Hi dude! Welcome aboard! Oh and those are some of my favorites in the franchise too!