The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Is the TV series on YouTube now?

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
So I’ve been trying to find somewhere to stream the tv series with no success. Seems like it’s just not available in my region.

Then I found all the episodes on YouTube under that official Land Before Time channel. We’re they all there freely available all along?? I’m checking out the first episode and it seems to have the same name as the one listed on IMDB.

https://youtu.be/xoxLphlx4c0

I noticed it didn’t have the intro though. Which is a shame because that intro is rad. Can anyone verify if this is the same?

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Update okay so the intro came later. That makes sense! But I’m still seeing Ruby making an appearance with seemingly no introduction. And there is a mention of this Red Claw guy but we haven’t seen anything of him yet. I’m starting to wonder if this is really the first episode!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yep, The Cave of Many Voices is the first episode. I think what they were trying to do was make it so that you don't necessarily have to watch them in any particular order, hence no Ruby introduction. You do get bits of her past in some episodes but I don't think there's a detailed explanation as to why she's there, outside of Chomper's parents asking her to look after him. Haven't seen the whole thing for a few years though.

And yep, the LBT channel has uploaded the TV episodes (pretty sure all of them are there but don't hold me to that).

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Honestly I'm super happy they did this, otherwise the LBT series would likely have gone the way of most forgotten low-budget animated series. At least this way people will be watching them for the rest of time. They should do the songs next, Universal keeps canning anyone who dares upload the footage and I want to watch them with the video context behind them.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
^I'm happy they uploaded all the episodes too. :yes

Update okay so the intro came later. That makes sense! But I’m still seeing Ruby making an appearance with seemingly no introduction. And there is a mention of this Red Claw guy but we haven’t seen anything of him yet. I’m starting to wonder if this is really the first episode!

Red Claw is sort of like Ruby in that he doesn't really get a proper introduction; he just kinda shows up. But Randomfangirl makes a good point in that they probably just wanted to make it so that you don't have to watch the episodes in a specific order.