The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Going to Overnight Shift

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, things will change in a few days.  I'll be moving to an Overnight Shift by Friday Night.  It won't be easy, but I know I can do this.

That's all I want to say right now.  See ya later! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I begin my very first Overnight Shift in less than 8 hours. (Hoping to get a small nap in soon.) I'll be earning $16.19 per hour.  Definitely an improvement from what I was earning.

Once I'm more understanding as to when my off-days are, I'll let you all know.

For now, see ya later! :wave

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I did night shifts for a long time, and now I can tell, that I do not want to do them any more, I had one yesterday, just because my colleague was sick, but I hope, that I will not return to them regularly. I felt much better, when I moved to day shifts, and made my daily routine more regular. I wish you good luck!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I am now on my first off day for the new schedule.  I will admit, it's not easy adjusting to this schedule.  Especially if you are used to early morning schedules.  At least Blackout Curtains and a Sleep Mask help out.

That being said, Overnight requires a lot out of you.  Under most circumstances, pallets need to be done at a rate of 1 per hour. (It's more of a guideline than an actual rule, but you should try to follow it.) It can be hard figuring out how to pull that off.  Even with the best laid plans, that can be hard.  You just need to hope your Manager is lenient on that guideline.  Which mine thankfully is.

It's not an easy job and it requires quite a bit from you.  However, I find myself enjoying it so far.  I might stick with this one.  We will see though.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, after another week, I now feel like I'll stay with this.

I feel more relaxed at work and far less stressed out.  I'm able to meet my quotas for the night, even surpass them sometimes.  It's one of the few jobs I've been able to be so good at so quickly.

I still have trouble with my sleep schedule, but that's to be expected.  I don't think I'll be used to it until March.  We'll see though.

So, yeah.  Things are going well and I couldn't be happier for it. :)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
That's good to hear! I kinda flip-flop between days and nights where I work, but I think I prefer doing nights. It's easier to get the work started right away (I can't stand the sitting and waiting around we have to do in the day) and we get a lot more done. It probably depends on the job but nights are just easier where I work. It took me a while to adjust to the schedule too, but I strangely found I slept better once I had (probably because I didn't have to wake up for any alarm).

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion