The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Metroid (all)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah, a Metroid topic! Nice!
Very good games!
Though, I thought that Corruption was to easy...
When I beat Dark Samus on the hardest, I felt sad.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have to agree with you Lillefot, seemed a bit to easy, even on hypermode. Have you played a the other Metroid games or just the Prime trilogy?

ingster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://ingster.deviantart.com/
as long as its metroid, ittle allways be good,
my most faveriot was prime 3, the best thing about it was
the phazon corrupion

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Dark Samus in Metroid Prime 3 was challenging for me, but still felt easy compared to Metroid Prime 2.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
my most faveriot was prime 3
Im playing through Metroid Prime 1 and so far i am enjoying the game way more then Metroid Prime 3. Maybe its because i haven't played MP1 in over 2-4 years or that ive gone through MP3 4 times now, or both. But MP1 and MP2 feels more like a Metroid game then MP3 does. MP3 almost seems to linear, and for the fact that even though i turned of my hint system, they still tell me where to go (one of my greatest regrets when playing MP1), because of that, i was able to beat the game in 14 hours WITH 100%. I still love MP3, but the more i play it, the more i realised how much i like the other 2 games more. To pick a favorite Metroid game it would go to, hands down, Super Metroid. I wouldn't doubt it if ive beaten it more then 50 times and i still love it.

Dark Samus in Metroid Prime 3 was challenging for me, but still felt easy compared to Metroid Prime 2.
Ya, the last boss was almost a dissapointment for me, difficulty wise. Playing on Hypermode, my corruption meter only got up to 1/2 to maybe 2/3. Fighting Dark Samus in MP2 for the 3rd time could of been better, but i thought that Emporer Ing was pretty tough on hard (cant remember if i died or not). Metroid Prime was the hardest for me on hard as i actually died on the boss ( though skill could be a factor though because that was about 6 years ago when that happened, that would have made me about 12 years old). I still think the Omega Pirate was the hardest boss in all 3 games on the hardest difficulty.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Apr 19 2008 on  10:57 PM
I have to agree with you Lillefot, seemed a bit to easy, even on hypermode. Have you played a the other Metroid games or just the Prime trilogy?
It's sad, but all I've played are the Prime trilogy.
I have tried the others, but never acctually played them trough.

But for Prime, it's with no doubt one of the most best games I've ever played!
My favorite must be Echoes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLOkc9MwFHs

My absolute HATE enemy in Prime 1, is for sure this **** guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pfsuVu_NYs
But nowdays, he‰s quite a breeze.

I was soo glad when Ridley returned to MP3!

/Lillefot

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would probably rate it 1,2,3. BTW, i love the Echoes intro music, i used to be able to play it on the keyboard. I should try to play it again. I also love the intro music to the other 2 as well.
Meh, hes kinda tough the first time, especially when he gets to 1/4 health. But once you can dodge that, hes a breeze, i can beat him with only losing a maximum of 2 energy tanks on hard.
Ya...he always finds his way back into the games, despite being blown apart a couple pf times. But he's Samus's archnemisis, so he always has to come back and thats okay for me because hes my favorite video game character.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,May 6 2008 on  12:36 AM
I would probably rate it 1,2,3. BTW, i love the Echoes intro music, i used to be able to play it on the keyboard. I should try to play it again. I also love the intro music to the other 2 as well.
Meh, hes kinda tough the first time, especially when he gets to 1/4 health. But once you can dodge that, hes a breeze, i can beat him with only losing a maximum of 2 energy tanks on hard.
Ya...he always finds his way back into the games, despite being blown apart a couple pf times. But he's Samus's archnemisis, so he always has to come back and thats okay for me because hes my favorite video game character.
Hehe.
Which battle agains Ridley did you find funniest in Corruption?
I must say the second one, especialy on the hardest level of difficulty!
Tjough, the first one was differnet and kinda action!  :yes
The most annoying place in Corruption I think, was The Pirate Homeworld, I got lost some times!  :P:

/Lillefot

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I like the first one better just because its so different from the other bosses. Plus falling down a generator shaft while fighting is just plain cool.

The most annoying place in Corruption I think, was The Pirate Homeworld, I got lost some times!
Ya, it was probably my least favorite area in the game, though i did like the idea of acid rain. As for my favorite, i would have to go with the G.F.S. Valhalla. I've always loved those decimanted areas where there was some sort of battle and every ones dead. My favorite area out of all 3 games would be the Sanctuary Fortress from Echoes.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know Flathead, your time on MP1 is actually pretty far off from the Speed Challenge.  The time is less then 4 hours and 30 minutes.

It may seem a little impossible, but let me share a little trick with you.  There is a way to get the Space Boots right at the start of the planet.  You simply get on top of the ship and go as far back as you can without falling off.  Now, scan at an object that ends up being too far away for you to get data from.  After that, jump backwards and, right at the highest point, get out of the scan screen.  If timed right, you'll activate a glitch that will cause Samus to jump higher and farther, thus just barely landing on the cliff.  From there, just head down the path until you reach the Space Boots.

It may sound simple, but it is VERY tricky to pull off.  Remember, practice makes perfect.  Keep trying until you can get it.  Then, keep reseting and redoing it until you can get it on the first try.  Just keep it up.  You'll get it eventually. :)

Good luck, because even I have yet to pull this off, and I tried SO many times. -_-

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've tried it too, freaking impossible!  :blink:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile

I really liked MP3's battle with Meta Ridley. The free fall down the shaft. I also really like his theme music. So lively and edgy, helps with the tension ;)

The most annoying place in Corruption I think, was The Pirate Homeworld, I got lost some times!

Funnily enough, I'd say my least likeable place is Elysia. I like the sky rails except those annoying electric saw things that insist on bumping you off. Once the centre island goes, it then becomes a trek to get from one side of the stage to the other. The shortcut cannons not seem very...short!  :DD

Gotta agree with the masses with Corruption being the easier of the trilogy. I'm still running through Hypermode and so far the only real issue I've had so far was fighting Rundus. That hypermode giant icicle does a ton of damage if it hits   :o Still got a ways to go but I'm pretty much prepared for anything having played it through enough times  :D

Hey flathead...I know it's been some time but....do you have my friend token yet?! I still haven't received your one so I was wondering if you'd got mine yet!  :lol

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
What I liked about Echoes is that it was soo dark.
It was soo thrilling everytime you had to enter a new part of the Ing dimension!
Haha, the boss I goy most stucked with in Echoes, was Quadraxis!
And Echoes was somewhat more "mystic"... And the feeling that Samus was all alone in a savaged world... or is she..? B)
And I think the Echoes world (planet Aether) is the most beautiful and most interessting to explore!
The music's also great!
And a revolution was that this time, one could acctually see Samus's feelings!
That she really is a human, and not some freaking droid!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It may seem a little impossible, but let me share a little trick with you. There is a way to get the Space Boots right at the start of the planet. You simply get on top of the ship and go as far back as you can without falling off. Now, scan at an object that ends up being too far away for you to get data from. After that, jump backwards and, right at the highest point, get out of the scan screen. If timed right, you'll activate a glitch that will cause Samus to jump higher and farther, thus just barely landing on the cliff. From there, just head down the path until you reach the Space Boots.
Ya i know about that, haven't tried it yet. In fact, i just picked the game up again after about 4 years. I was talking about MP3, i beat it in 14 hours 100%, first runthrough of the game.
It may sound simple, but it is VERY tricky to pull off. Remember, practice makes perfect. Keep trying until you can get it. Then, keep reseting and redoing it until you can get it on the first try. Just keep it up. You'll get it eventually.
I won't be attemping that for a while. Got enough to worry about on Super Metroid...stuck on Ridley on my 14% run. I also should get back on trying to do the speed run for Zero Mission, my current record is 38:35.
Hey flathead...I know it's been some time but....do you have my friend token yet?! I still haven't received your one so I was wondering if you'd got mine yet!
Last time i checked, no... :lol . Don't think its gonna happen :bang .

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good luck, because even I have yet to pull this off, and I tried SO many times.
I spent some time on it today, and i was able to pull it off. It took me about a half-hour of trying, but i got it. If you want proof, heres a quick video of me getting the space jump after i got up. Try getting to Phantoon in Super Metroid without the Grapple Beam or Speed Boosters, i spent hours trying to do that.

The time is less then 4 hours and 30 minutes.
I checked and the time for 100% is 1:24.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,May 8 2008 on  06:06 PM
Good luck, because even I have yet to pull this off, and I tried SO many times.
I spent some time on it today, and i was able to pull it off. It took me about a half-hour of trying, but i got it. If you want proof, heres a quick video of me getting the space jump after i got up. Try getting to Phantoon in Super Metroid without the Grapple Beam or Speed Boosters, i spent hours trying to do that.

The time is less then 4 hours and 30 minutes.
I checked and the time for 100% is 1:24.
Good job pulling it off! ^^

Oh, and the time you found is the World Record Time.  4:30 is what's recommended by many expert level players. :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, and the time you found is the World Record Time. 4:30 is what's recommended by many expert level players
Heh, ya i don't think i'll be pulling of no 1:30 :lol . Im gonna make sure i copy my file to another memory card, so i don't have to keep re-doing that. I guess shooting for under 5 hours will be my goal this summer.

BTW, i had to use the PAL version of getting up there cause the game i borrowed from my friend is the Player's choice one and they took that little glitch out. The PAL version actually seems easier to pull off.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,May 8 2008 on  10:19 PM
BTW, i had to use the PAL version of getting up there cause the game i borrowed from my friend is the Player's choice one and they took that little glitch out. The PAL version actually seems easier to pull off.
Hmm, maybe that's my problem.  I'm not sure if mine is a PAL version or not.  However, I'm sure it's not because the ONLY way I can seem to pull it off is by using Action Replay and turning ON the Space Boots cheat.  After getting them, I simply save in the ship, turn off the game, take out the Action Replay Memory card, turn the game back on and then continue it normally.

Oh, and it's not just getting the Space Boots early that helps, but getting other items early as well.  Not to mention waiting until the perfect moment to get other items.  After all, having to backtrack is a HUGE hassle and takes up ALOT of time.  The true Speed Challenge allows you to get ALL the items with as little backtracking as possible.

I'm not entirely sure on the order of the items, but GameFAQs.com would be a good place to start looking. ;)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
ya, i saw some of the stuff they do, getting plasma, ice beams and gravity suit before fighting Tharudas and such. Anyways im not gonna pull off a speed run just yet, im going through the game slowly, enjoying the game as much as possible.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Anyone still into the Metroid Prime series will be pleased to know that Nintendo have announced that Prime 1 and 2 will be reconfiged for the Wii! In line with their Gamecube-Wii conversion titles like Mario Power Tennis and Pikmin, MP 1 and 2 are going to be fitted with the MP 3 control interface and re-released on Wii. I dunno myself, I'm a fan of the Prime series but I've already got them for GC and the games work just fine (except #2 is 60Hz only and my TV is too old to run at 60Hz :lol). I'm questioning whether it's worth getting them again just for the control mechs... :confused I guess the biggest influencial factor for me will be the pricing. If it's any more than say 20 quid, I doubt I'll get it...