The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Metroid (all)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I only really got into Metroid once the new releases came out. I've played and completed both Prime 1 & 2 (with much difficulty and superfluous amounts of swearing  :lol ). I'm awaiting Prime 3 for Wii which gets to us on 26th Oct which I've been following on Gamespot constantly. I've only really played Metroid Fusion for GBA but I can't say I've stepped any further back then that into the Metroid timestream. Might be worth investing in them when they come on the Wii Virtual Console

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have yet to play Prime 3.  I didn't get it until last Thursday when I was on my lunch at work.  I get home rather late so you can understand me being tired and all.

I was planning to play it the next day, right after The Price is Right, but my brother had gotten his wisdom teeth pulled that day and, as a result, got to have the TV that the Wii and XBox 360 is connected to all to himself until he recovers.

At this point, only with his permission can I play it.  However, he is recovering nicely, and more than likely be able to go back to school tomorrow when it starts up again. (They usually have the first Friday and second Monday of the School Year off, but they changed it this year for some reason.)

I'll more than likely be waiting until then to be able to play it.  If I'm lucky to play it today though, I'll be "Oh so happy!" :^.^:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've played and completed both Prime 1 & 2 (with much difficulty and superfluous amounts of swearing  )
Well MP3 is supposed to be easier by including 2 difficulties, normal and veteran, to start of with and a harder unlockable difficulty, but i'm not sure how easy because i never played normal and went staight to veteran. I've been playing through the game again on hard and i'm happy to say that its harder then its predecessors. I happened to get hit by one of the earlier bosses best attacks and it took off a whopping 2/3 energy tanks.

I've only really played Metroid Fusion for GBA but I can't say I've stepped any further back then that into the Metroid timestream. Might be worth investing in them when they come on the Wii Virtual Console
They're already are out. Both Metroid and Super Metroid.

I'll more than likely be waiting until then to be able to play it. If I'm lucky to play it today though, I'll be "Oh so happy!"
I pity you. I'm dying to play the game on the way home from buying it and reading the instuction booklet a dozen times doesn't really seem to help  :lol .

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh man!  I got the chance to play it last night and I must say that, from what I've seen so far, Retro has done this game beautifully!

They really went as far as possible with graphics for a Wii game.  They're definately showing that you don't need all that power to create a really beautiful piece of art.

The new feature of voices is really cool.  They've actually done well with it as far as I can tell.  It's too bad they didn't give one to Samus, they could've done well with her too. :)

The controls are going to take some getting used to, but I think I can handle them.

Now, the bosses, I'm not disappointed with.  They're all very unique and have different ways of being defeated.  They're definately no "shoot 'til they die" kind of bosses.  Besides, that'd be too easy and then we really couldn't call them bosses. :)

I can't wait to see Dark Samus.  I can already tell that this is going to be great! :^.^:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
heh heh, glad your enjoying it as much as i was. I still enjoy playing the game through again though, gotta finish getting those couple scans and finish unlocking all those good stuff in the extras. Do you need any friend credits pokeplayer? If so, i could send you some friend vouchers to be transfered into friend credits so you can unlock some of the cooler things like the Mii bobblehead.

My Wii address is: 0825 3173 0530 7070

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nearly 2 Months after getting Metroid Prime 3, I have finally beaten the game!  Boy, this was one good game from beginning to end.  Retro definately came out with a winner here.  Outstanding graphics, wonderful music, (Something I'm sure Action9000 can appreciate.) superior weapons, (One of which is VERY much worth the wait in getting.) awesome gameplay, very well done boss battles, incredible storyline, perfect controls for a first-person shooter Wii game and to top it off, a spectacular ending to the Prime Series.

Retro, you've done well.  This one is definately in the runnings for Best Game of the Year.  It was well worth playing. :)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Did you finally learn that Mother Brain was not in it? :P:

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm currently playing Metroid Prime 3, it only got released here (UK) on friday.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Oct 30 2007 on  07:39 PM
Did you finally learn that Mother Brain was not in it? :P:
Yes, though some will argue that the final boss IS Mother Brain, despite the official name, that being Aroura Unit 313, already given.

If you ask me though, with all Samus had to go through just to completely defeat Dark Samus, she's got to be one of the bravest bounty hunters I've seen.  All she had to do just to stop the evil.  It really must've hurt her.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you ask me though, with all Samus had to go through just to completely defeat Dark Samus, she's got to be one of the bravest bounty hunters I've seen. All she had to do just to stop the evil. It really must've hurt her.

You really notice it in the extended video (if you got 75% of the items) when she is thinking about the other hunters that she killed because they became corrupt. Thats probably what would scar her the most.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Oct 31 2007 on  10:59 PM
If you ask me though, with all Samus had to go through just to completely defeat Dark Samus, she's got to be one of the bravest bounty hunters I've seen. All she had to do just to stop the evil. It really must've hurt her.

You really notice it in the extended video (if you got 75% of the items) when she is thinking about the other hunters that she killed because they became corrupt. Thats probably what would scar her the most.
I actually did pull off 77% first time around, so yeah, I did get to see the scene where she goes to Elysia and just rests there, remembering all she had to go through.  Also, if you ask me, she looked like she was on the verge of crying.

That Dark Samus thing was just SICK!  What it did to Samus' comrades!  I'm glad I killed it.  A villian I can truely hate.  Once again, great job, Retro. :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I grabbed my copy of MP3 as soon as I finished work last friday and I've been playing it solidly since  :DD I have to say that all my expectations have been met and somewhat surpassed. Leave it to Nintendo/Retro to incorporate as much of the Wii motion-technology into the game as possible :D Call it gimicky or whatever but I think it's a great touch. The twisting handles, the hand-scan pad, grappling etc. All wickid additions to enhance the immersion! ;) I like the way the game is a little more mission based but it still hasn't quite lost the constant "back-tracking" sections where you have to return to a previously explored area coz you had to grab this power up from that place on the other side of the map. I'm just about to head off to the final fight having hunted around for any missed pickups (I'll probably finish it tonight).

Well MP3 is supposed to be easier by including 2 difficulties, normal and veteran

That's one thing I have noticed is that the difficulty has been quashed a little. I found the previous MP instalments to be a lot harder (even on normal) particularly with the bosses. I won't delude myself by thinking that my skills have increased at all since playing Prime  :P: but, touch wood, *knocks on desk* I haven't actually died yet. Does anyone else reckon MP3 is that much easier to deal with than say the likes of 1 & 2?

Still, no regrets about nabbing this title and I'm sure it'll become a permanent addition to my slowly extending Wii collection ;) No second-hand shop will ever see my copy of MP3  :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, since you're headed to the final stage, I'll warn you now that you can easily die there.  The final planet itself is SO filled with Phazon, that you go into a state of "Pernament Hyper Mode".  This would seem like a good thing, but the problem is that you have lost ALL your Energy Tanks, even the one you started with.  Normally, the Phazon would die off, but since you lost all your energy, nothing can stop it from taking over your body now.  There are ways to slow it down though.  Just keep grabbing Energy Balls and when you use your Grapple Lasso on enemies, push the stick on the Nunchuck forward to release the Phazon into the enemies and overload them.  This will slow it down, but not stop it.  Think of this final stage as a race against time, and if you don't pull it off, you die.

What's worse is that you have to deal with three bosses in a row, so trying your best to get Energy Balls is quite crutial in the final battle.  Be ready for anything.  Dealing with the final bosses can be tricky.

Best of luck, and I hope you got enough for the well done secret ending.

Also, after you pull it off, I dare you to try the new difficulty you will be given.  It's really quite difficult. :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
actually i found the end to be easier. I beat the last boss and my meter at the top didn't even reach half way, it maybe got up to a quarter max. Hypermode was challenging but not as hard as MP 1 (darn Omega Pirate :lol ). I think i only died once and that was fighting rundus (his hypermode attack deals 2 energy tanks worth of damage).

I also found the game to be a lot shorter, i beat it in 13:30 with 98%. Took me another half hour to get the last 2 pickups. I think the secret video (100%) is sweet, almost as good as the first games secret video.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Nov 1 2007 on  11:34 PM
Hypermode was challenging but not as hard as MP 1 (darn Omega Pirate :lol ).
I completed Metroid Prime on Hard Mode and got 100%. I died zero times against Meta Ridley. I died once against Metroid Prime (I forget what stage). I lost count on how many times I died trying to defeat the Omega Pirate on Hard Mode before finally winning. :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ya meta ridley was a joke. i think i died once or twice on Metroid Prime on hard, 100% and the Omega Pirate took me like 5 or 6 tries. When i finally beat him i had 37 energy left :lol . Though none of these compare to ridley, mother brain, robot ridley, and those damned pirates at the end of the escape in Zero Mission is with 15% on hard.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Meta Ridley wasn't near as hard as he was brought out to be (Nintendo Power even had the nerve to award him the "harder than college" award in their annual awards). In fact, when I made my first run through the game, I still lost zero times against him, and I even had a handicapped missile supply (I didn't know where things were...) and used flawed strategies against him.

I've yet to complete hard 100% on Metroid Zero Mission because of those things (I hear that Mecha Ridley's stats are raised when you reach him with %100).

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Then I guess I'm a pretty pathetic player because Meta Ridley was HARD for me. :p I died so many times trying to beat him. I would get close, then I would run out of Super Missiles. The hardest part for me is when he's on the ground. I would have a heck of a time dodging and because super missiles take so long to shoot, hitting him was rather difficult.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
When he gets on the ground, what you do is, when he exposes his chest to attack, blast it with regular power beam shots, and  THEN fire the super missle(s) when he screams and looks up.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not sure how I defeated him, but I eventually did. Meta Ridly is no joke. He is a hard boss to beat, in my opinion. I think the only gamers that can beat him without dying once are very talented players.