The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Metroid (all)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Nov 2 2007 on  12:43 AM
I'm not sure how I defeated him, but I eventually did. Meta Ridly is no joke. He is a hard boss to beat, in my opinion. I think the only gamers that can beat him without dying once are very talented players.
But that doesn't account for the fact that I sweeped him on my first run. I guess that can be attirbuted to beginner's luck, though, because I lost to him on a few later runs, though I can pull it off pretty easily now.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When it comes to first-person shooter games, I really have to win with skill rather than luck.  It's not one of the games I'm more talented at.  So the fact that I died on several different occasions is no big surprise.

I actually did die trying to beat Auroua Unit 313.  The cutscene of where Samus becomes corrupted when you lose is beautifully done.  It definately makes it look like you let the universe down.

Now, if you give me an RPG or racing game, then I'd really show you what I'm made of.  THAT is where my true skill lies. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
This is one awesome game.  I used to play it all the time when I could call myself a gamer.  I especially liked one of them for gamecube, but I only played it once in a store demo.  I'd never install it on my computer, but I have a couple of emulators I used to use off of a flash drive.  Very handy.  The GB game was rather lame, but it was okay for mobile entertainment.  I hated having to beat this guy in the smash bro's for N64.  The character would always push me into the acid and I'd swear a lot. :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Nov 2 2007 on  12:23 AM
(Nintendo Power even had the nerve to award him the "harder than college" award in their annual awards).
I'm pretty sure that was for the eigth ending in Zero Mission (15% or under on hard). I haven't been able to beat it probably never will because my game doesn't work anymore.

I've yet to complete hard 100% on Metroid Zero Mission because of those things (I hear that Mecha Ridley's stats are raised when you reach him with %100).
Ya he does get harder. On normal without 100% he only takes 6 super missiles while with 100% he takes up to around 15 super missiles i think. I know on hard 100%, his swipes take off 3 energy tanks. But if you think thats hard, then wait until you try it with 15%, the lack of the screw attack makes it difficult because you have to break out of space jump to shoot the missiles for pickups.

died so many times trying to beat him. I would get close, then I would run out of Super Missiles.
I never even use super missiles on Meta Ridley in MP1. The plasma beam is efficient enough to take him out. I can dodge a lot of his attacks as well, getting him down to a quarter health with barely losing one energy tank.

When he gets on the ground, what you do is, when he exposes his chest to attack, blast it with regular power beam shots, and THEN fire the super missle(s) when he screams and looks up.
Super Missiles aren't even required for this part. All you need is a half-charged plasma blast when he opens his mouth to stun him, and thats on hard as well.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I believe I've tried the plasma beam and it didn't work for me in that situation. And at this part, I was using a walkthrough and I believe they said to use super missiles.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i usually wait until he screams on the ground, not when hes about to charge, i was never really able to hit him then.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Nov 4 2007 on  12:44 AM
Quote from: Manny Cav,Nov 2 2007 on  12:23 AM
(Nintendo Power even had the nerve to award him the "harder than college" award in their annual awards).
I'm pretty sure that was for the eigth ending in Zero Mission (15% or under on hard). I haven't been able to beat it probably never will because my game doesn't work anymore.
It was definitely the Meta Ridley on Metroid Prime.
Quote from: Flathead770,Nov 4 2007 on  12:44 AM
When he gets on the ground, what you do is, when he exposes his chest to attack, blast it with regular power beam shots, and THEN fire the super missle(s) when he screams and looks up.
Super Missiles aren't even required for this part. All you need is a half-charged plasma blast when he opens his mouth to stun him, and thats on hard as well.
I'm aware of the fact that super missiles aren't required to stun him. What I always do is fire several rapid power beam shots to stun him (the quickest way I know of to do it), and when he exposes his chest to attack, fire up a super missile. Switching through beams can cost valuable time to attack him.

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I thought MP3 was an awesome game. I had very high expectations of it and there was very little that disappointed me. I liked many of the new features, especially the Grapple Lasso, welding torch and the power-up locator. The time limit on the final stage was an interesting touch too.

There were only a few things I didn't like. It was definitely not fair to have the Phaazoids able to shoot through solid objects like walls.

Now that I think about it, the corrupted Aurora Unit boss was probably a homage to Mother Brain.

So, all that's left is to hope Metroid Dread isn't too long until release.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chikara,Nov 25 2007 on  03:49 AM
So, all that's left is to hope Metroid Dread isn't too long until release.
:blink: I haevn't heard anything on this yet....

EDIT: Wait, isn't that that game for the DS that was canceled?

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Metroid Dread is a game which has been rumoured to be in production for 2 years, but the rumours have neither been confirmed or disproven. Retro Studios, who make the Prime games, deny having anything to do with it, but in MP3, one of the computer screens on the Pirate Homeworld comes up as "Metroid project Dread approaching completion" if you scan it (it's in the Research Facility area of the Pirate Homeworld, in the room where you let the metroids out, on the upper level by one of the doors).

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chikara,Nov 25 2007 on  02:37 PM
but in MP3, one of the computer screens on the Pirate Homeworld comes up as "Metroid project Dread approaching completion" if you scan it (it's in the Research Facility area of the Pirate Homeworld, in the room where you let the metroids out, on the upper level by one of the doors).
According to this, that was unintentional. What do you think?

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sorry, but "it's a coincidence" doesn't cut it with me. If the rumours about Metroid Dread have been around for 2 years, saying that Retro didn't know and named an unused MP3 element "Project Dread" by sheer chance is too unlikely for me to believe. The "it's nothing to do with us" argument sounds like a standard "we know about it, but we're sworn to secrecy" response. Nintendo are well known for keeping their in-development projects tightly under wraps.

EDIT: Just to clarify, what I mean by "standard response" is that Nintendo have a history of putting references in games and then denying everything in public.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
They said it was a coincidence, but I still wouldn't put it pad them to exaggerate a little (or a lot) to keep something as big as this outside of the general public.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was so exited when i first heard of Metroid Dread being rumored for the DS, and was dissapointed that these rumors were denied by Nintendo. Then BAM, after around 2 years the rumor pops up again in MP3 and my faith was some-what restored. But Nintendo denies the rumor again. I don't think that this can be a coincidence, unless Retro Studios decided it would be funny to place the message in the game to get people worked up. But i'm still hoping that the game will be released.

I've heard about those who have done a 100% speed run in just 1:30. Think you can pull it off?
Well Pokeplayer it seems like i might be able to, as i just got a time of 1:33! With a bit more practice i could easily get under an hour and a half.

And if thats not enough proof i can always record it.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
has anyone seen the secret video in Metroid Prime 3 yet (unlocked by getting 100% of the items)? I find it to be one of the biggest surprises in the series (next to the one in the 1st Metroid Prime).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Yep, I have. Can't say it means a lot to me though. Is there some sort of hidden message to it? Or is there a fan-based knowledge that that movie jogs? Coz it doesn't seem to have much relevance from my standing :huh: I don't wanna say specifically what happens for those who wish to earn the 100% completion FMV themselves  ;)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
SPOILER! SCROLL DOWN TO READ ABOUT MY THOUGHTS ON THE 100% ENDING

The ship that pulls up and stalks Samus after she leaves is Sylux's ship from Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS. Sylux despises the federation and hates Samus even more. Hes also my favorite hunter in MPH, so i thought the ending was sweet. One of the reasons i thought it was such a surprise because it looked like it was just going to be another bummer secret ending like in MP2:Echoes, then BAM, Sylux comes up and stalks Samus. Situational Irony at its best!

END OF SPOILER

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
OK...I've not played Hunters so that doesn't really count for much for me I'm afraid :D Still, it was officially announced that Corruption was due to be the 3rd and final instalment of the Prime series (for GC/Wii anyway. Can't say for DS). I'm can imagine that there will be more Metroid games for our next-gen consoles but they'll probably be given a new subtitle rather than "Prime"

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm can imagine that there will be more Metroid games for our next-gen consoles but they'll probably be given a new subtitle rather than "Prime"
Thats what i fear after i beat MP3. I don't wanna wait another 8 years for a Metroid game to come out. It actually made me sad when i beat MP3 that its the end of the trilogy and there might not be another Metroid game for quite some time. Heres to hoping that Metroid Dread will come out.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Jan 24 2008 on  03:03 PM
I'm can imagine that there will be more Metroid games for our next-gen consoles but they'll probably be given a new subtitle rather than "Prime"
Thats what i fear after i beat MP3. I don't wanna wait another 8 years for a Metroid game to come out. It actually made me sad when i beat MP3 that its the end of the trilogy and there might not be another Metroid game for quite some time. Heres to hoping that Metroid Dread will come out.
You don't have to worry about another Metroid game not coming out.  Retro may be done with the Prime series, but they're not done with Metroid itself.  Who knows what's next for our blonde bounty hunter? :)