The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mario(all)

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
With this being a game forum, I'm surprised someone hasn't started a thread on the great bambino of video games.  Seriously, who HASN'T played a Mario game?  Anybody who doesn't know the history of the Mario Brothers can NOT be classified as a gamer.  I have 4 Mario games.  The first Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 and New Super Mario Bros.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I played almost any Mario game released. I think Mario is truly super (LOL Sorry for the bad pun).

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've played Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario Brothers 2 (american version), Super Mario Brothers 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2 (didn't like this one very much), Mario is Missing, Mario Paint, a bit of Mario Sunshine, a bit of Mario Kart (N64 version) and one of the older Mario Kart racing games.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let's face it!  Mario has been with the gaming indistury for 21 years for a good reason.  He makes great games!  When it comes to gaming, this guy knows what he's doing most of the time. :)

I've played nearly every Mario game myself.  It is indeed tough to choose which is the best of them all.  Yet, in the end, I'd go with the classic Super Mario Bros. 3.  There's a reason I have that game as #1. :)

*goes back to watching ScrewAttack's Top Ten Mario Games.*

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Mario saved and created video gaming as we know it, thus, he is the king of video games. I've played a lot of Mario myself. My favorites include the original, SMB 3, Super Mario 64 and the DS remake, The New Super Mario Bros., and most of the Mario kart games [I don't like Super Circuit and Super Mario Kart (the SNES one, which is the only one before Mario Kart 64)] lacks any real charm for me, plus, both game packs I've played for it erase my data with an alarming frequency.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've played almost all of them except for the Mario Land games for Game boy, Mario Paint and Mario Sunshine. My favorite would also have to SMB3 as well.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Let's swing this topic in a new direction. What about Mario Party? Anybody ever done that? What's your favorite (mine's the 2nd one)? What about those quirky moments you never saw coming?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I liked the first one the best. After the 3rd one they all started to go downhill. I've always hated how when your about to win, someone lands on the chance space and swaps stars and you end up losing.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I love the Mario series! The original "Super Mario Bros." for the Nes was the very first game I ever played and beat. I still have fond memories of actually playing that game to the point that it actually shorted down on me  :cry . Fortunately, "Super Mario All-Stars" came to my rescue at about that time.

Oh yeah, the man in blue overalls, the savior of gaming: Mario! He is, as strange as it is to say this, the original prototype that all of our modern gaming has been evolved from.

My favorite Mario games would have to be the original, Super Mario World, Super Maro World 2: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and Super Mario 64.

I only have one thing to say about the Mario Party games ouside of "Mario Party 2": Bleh!  :mad
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've actually only played Mario Party 1, 2, 3, and 7. My favorite was 2, but I also like 1 and 7. However, I just didn't like the 3rd one. Part of the reason, I suppose, could be the Paper Mario style graphics. But there was something I just didn't like about it. Again, the 2nd one rocks for me. There's just something about that game in the series that makes it stand out for me.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, we can't say that Mario has had a few bumps in the road.  There have been a few crappy Mario games out there.  Hotel Mario anyone?  :x  Seriously, never trust the Russians with the rights to a video game character.  Because all they'll do is chew him up and spit him out on their crappy system known as the CDi...  :x  :x  :x  A little advice for the Russians:  LEAVE VIDEO GAMES TO THE JAPANESE!!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've never played Hotel Mario. I never even knew what it was until it was brought up a couple of weeks ago when Lain_EX did his YouTube poop and it was mentioned that some scenes were from a game called Hotel Mario. Needless to say, I'm in no rush to buy the game.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You haven't heard of the CDi?  It went down in History as one of the worst consoles in history.  And the games weren't any better.  In 1993 they came out with Link and the Faces of Evil and Zelda:  Wand of Gamelon.  And then a year later they came out with Hotel Mario.  After that, Nintendo regretted giving the rights of Mario and Zelda to Philips.

I've never played Hotel Mario. I never even knew what it was until it was brought up a couple of weeks ago when Lain_EX did his YouTube poop and it was mentioned that some scenes were from a game called Hotel Mario. Needless to say, I'm in no rush to buy the game.

Then be glad you haven't played it.  I know I am after seeing those horrendous cutscenes.  lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cyberlizard,Aug 16 2007 on  12:18 PM
You haven't heard of the CDi?  It went down in History as one of the worst consoles in history.  And the games weren't any better.  In 1993 they came out with Link and the Faces of Evil and Zelda:  Wand of Gamelon.  And then a year later they came out with Hotel Mario.  After that, Nintendo regretted giving the rights of Mario and Zelda to Philips.
Nope. Never heard of CDi. I don't really read up on video gaming history that much, and we didn't get a lot of video games when we were younger either. Only had a handful for each system. There's a bunch of games for the older systems that I never even heard of before.

Wand of Gamelon? That title does ring a bell...

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Mario must be the most popular video game character of them all.
His games just makes fun. :^.^:
And fun is good.  :D  

I can't wait till Super Mario Galaxy comes out for Wii.
And Mario & Sonic - At the Olympic Games.  :^.^:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hehehe, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.... THAT game will go down in history for sure.

Anyway, I do know of the CDi, but I only heard about it recently, and I really don't know anything about it, other than the fact that it is regarded to be an absolute failure in video game history, as well as it's games.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've never actually played the games on CDi but i've seen videos and read about them. I wouldn't of even wanted to play it if i had the chance.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
"Leave video games to the Japanese!"

I couldn't disagree with that sentiment more if I tried.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Aug 17 2007 on  04:05 AM
"Leave video games to the Japanese!"

I couldn't disagree with that sentiment more if I tried.
Especially consindering how well Microsoft, which is an American company, is doing with their XBox 360.  All those years with the PC paid off for them. :^.^: