The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

best rock band

mcr mad · 29 · 3897

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
what do you think is the best rock band ever

mine's my chemical romance thay rock :DD  :wow

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I went with the only rock band I've ever even hear of....Green day.  I'm not a music person, but that band was a hot topic for a long time at my school.  I wanted to kick someones butt every time I heard the name cuz it was getting so annoying to hear every second of every day in the hall. :rolleyes:

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I like Linkin Park, I don't know if it's possible, more than mcr mad likes MCR...

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey you have Muse. I didn't pick it though, even though it is one of my favorites.

I didn't feel like picking "other" so I just decided to pick one from the list. And I chose Linkin Park. They are indeed an amazing band, and I only just recently heard them for the first time. Imagine that. :p

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I got plenty of demos (which are legit to send because they were never purchaseable)
I could send you them (tell me your email in a PM if you want them)

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Tails_155,Jan 30 2008 on  01:05 AM
I like Linkin Park, I don't know if it's possible, more than mcr mad likes MCR...
WHAT? i have ever singal mcr song ever made on my psp and i love them all, i've even been thy to see them live but my mum wont let me

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I put down other because there is one rock band that is awesome.

Coming from me, you can guess that I mean the one and only

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: arrogantrex,Jan 30 2008 on  03:47 AM
You're missing Smashing Pumpkins.  :p
i did'nt i just did'nt put them in the poll

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
My favourites, hmm, let¥s see. I guess for me the best rock band is Sum 41

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
Putting in those bands without mentioning any of the classic counterculture bands is to tempt fate...WITH ME

I know you don't like classic rock very much mcr mad, but still. Half of those I don't really consider rock (thats just by my harsh standards).

My Chemical Romance is emo/really dark pop. There's no difference in the two. I don't consider emo or commercial pop rock music.

Fall out Boy belongs in the same category as My Chemical Romance. Basically, if any of the musicians in these bands met with musicians from the 60's-early 90's, they would be put to shame in terms of musical skill, creativity, composition, and soul.

Green Day is post-grunge pop. I admit in their earlier years they were alright. Then, they became more and more pop. American Idiot is the best example of this pop-ish direction. Although they do occasionally do covers of really good songs.

Guns n' Roses is the first true hard rock band on that list. Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler, all of them are competent musicians (especially Slash). Appetite for Destruction as also the definitive late 80's rock album.

Muse is alternative. Sometime's they are rockish, other times not. Most of the time they are. Absolution was a pretty good rock album by modern standards, and so was Black Holes and Revalations. Also, the musicians have respectable talent.

I'm not gonna go on because it would take too long. However, my favorite rock band is the timeless Led Zeppelin.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here's the problem:
"Rock" is a major genre.  All those you mentioned there, NaNaNa, would all be subgenres of rock itself.

I don't think we could really find any band that would count as purely "rock" and nothing else but I could be mistaken.  Feel free to explain if you can! :D

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
Indeed it is a wide genre. It took me a while to set up standards in my mind for what rock is and isn't.

Remember this is purely my opinion. Music is always opinion.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm going for Linkin Park they Rock.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can't believe I missed this thread :slap!  I voted for Linkin Park 'cuz they rock.  Other rock bands not mentioned I am a major fan of are Evanescence, Disturbed, Metallica, Nickelback, Three Doors Down, Three Days Grace, Simple Plan, and Godsmack.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Instead of saying "best ever," I'm gonna go for my favorite, and say Pink Floyd, RIP Richard Wright... :( And also... Does the electronic/jazz-rock fusion/funk era of Miles Davis count? :D
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I went with Linkin Park. It was the first band I ever liked and what got into music in the first place, though unfortunately I don't listen to it much anymore.  :neutral

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aerosmith is my pick, although there are others I like as well..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: