The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If you could change one of the sequels...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
all that sugar and how knows what else.  My intestines hate that stuff.  I don't want to be anywhere near it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Then how about a soft pretzel? :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I would want to change the 13th one by changeing the yellow bellies to a different dinosaur. Why do I want to? because I have NO CLUE what kind of dinosaur they are?? :rolleyes

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd change the 13th movie also; my biggest change would be this:

Make Littlefoot sound like how he did in the 10th-12th movies. His vocal pitch in those ones is right where I like to hear it.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time 1

;) Well not change but try to bring back its originality.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
For one thing, II lost some of my satisfaction with the unresolved issue of the tension between those brothers. (I was so displeased that I wrote a fan fiction about a resolution that takes place afterwards.) So two characters, Ozzie and Strut, are brought in who have family issues. Strut tries to change for his brother (not a good thing, as if someone can’t accept you for who you are, it’s an issue of acceptance from the other, not your own problem) and we never get to see if they reach some sort of mutual feeling towards each other. Basically, I felt that II didn’t “end.” So I would change it into something like, Strut being responsible for how they survive Chomperës parents, and so Ozzie’s disposition softens somewhat, though he tries to hide it, then they go off together, find another nest, and Ozzie offers him the first bite while acting like he doesn’t want to at all.

About IV, considering all the romantic fan fictions between Littlefoot and Ali, I think a slight love interest hint would have been nice to substantiate them, as some people object to their love relationship, and an in-movie foreshadowing would make such stories more accepted.

In VI, I think explaining Doc, such as if he’s related to the first or something, would have been appreciated.

In regards to movie VII, not exactly a change, but I wish a later movie or episode that explained the rainbowfaces would have really been appreciated, as so many people really want to know about them, but I think the mysterious ending of that movie was brilliant.

In general, explaining what happened to missing family members would eliminate a great deal of speculation.

In X, I just wish they had made that dramatic scene believable. The longnecks stretch up their heads during the eclipse, the eclipse ends, and they believe they saved the world. I don’t get it. Why did they think tensing their muscles had anything to do with the sun coming back into view :huh:? Either change what they did or explain why they felt how they did would have really made that movie more believable.

The eleventh movie had a lot of complaints from parents about the dad song, feeling it was derogatory. Secondly, I think noble Littlefoot was not the best choice to be the liar, and furthermore, if it was Cera, I think the reaction at the end would have been greater, being as she’s the daughter of the one who is trying to fix everything. That might have even put him in his place, knowing that he was working to solve a problem his own daughter caused. This would cause several changes, I know, but I still think it was kind of rough attributing such a negative quality to someone so admired. Sure, stronger connections to characters when they fall has a bigger impact, but people did lose some respect for him after that.

Movie number twelve- two issues: Don’t give two mysteries you never explain! One, I can understand, but two? First, Ducky says it’s bad to wake someone sleepwalking, but she nor anyone else ever says why, so I’ve always wondered what would be so horrible about it. Secondly, where was Guido before coming to the Great Valley, and why on earth had he no memory? Does this mean he had amnesia or something? Ah, come on, movie, tell me! Heh heh heh, oh well. I just feel some explanations would have helped this movie.

As for the Wisdom of Friends, I feel that the logical and illogical aspects of the yellowbellies were too unbalanced. They were like two points logical and eight points illogical, too extreme for an entire herd, if you ask me.

For the sake of length, I’ll stop here. :wave

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I'd change the 10th movie. Littlefoot's reunion with his father should have been a lot more dramatic.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd change the 13th movie because it was god awful from start to finish.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Littlefoot would have accepted the blame right from the get-go in "Invasion of the Tinyasaurs" under my direction.

Seriously, this kid crossed a barren wasteland to get to his new paradise after having suffered the trauma of losing his mother and then was further emotionally scarred several more times over by the time the journey was over. Then, after getting to this paradise for leaf eaters, has gone on numerous other quests and journeys since. Seriously, what's a week's grounding to Littlefoot?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hear you on that this subject. If I was the director I would make all the parent dinosaurs give there kids some kind of punishment.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Absolutely Grandma and Grandpa would have punished Littlefoot, and Littlefoot, basically being a hardened veteran, would have gracefully accept it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I mean in the movies they brake all kinds of rules and the parents let them get away with it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, to be fair, their rule breaking usually results in the events working out to a satisfactory conclusion.
In LBT2: They disobeyed and accidentally let two sharpteeth into the valley. Being almost eaten could arguably be seen as punishment enough.
LBT3: They found the source of the clog and led everyone to safety during the fire. Even after some rule breaking, that'd be one hell of a conundrum to figure out how to deal with them.
LBT4: yes, they ran away, but they did cure Littlefoot's Grandpa.
LBT5: yes, they ran away (again), but they did keep the herds together which resulted in them finding a tempterary home until the Great Valley regrew.
LBT6: No excuse for that one.
LBT7: Well, the adults DID spend a long time just talking instead of rescuing Ducky.
LBT8: Well, they did take an adult with them this time and they found warm springs to keep everyone's body heat up until the cold ended.
LBT9: None that I can think of.
LBT10: Well, we don't know that the gang didn't get in trouble after they followed Littlefoot.
LBT11: Hell yes, Littlefoot should have been punished. I still can't fathom what terrified him about being punished for something he did wron after all the real crap he's endured.
LBT12: Never saw it, don't want to.
LBT 13: I remember pain. That's about it.

Bruton the Iguanodon

What I certainly would change about LBT 7 is the leaving of the rainbowfaces. Aliens from outer space belong into a different kind of story. It rather try to make their parting similar (not identical) to Doc's

What?!  :blink:  Nooooo!! Their "exteresatrial departure" is so cool, even if it went against the rules of LBT!!! No, no, no, it wouldn't have nearly as cool of a feel if it was like Doc's which was kind of sad

Anyways back to me, I'd tone down the yellows and red in 5 and 6, make Cera's nieces less annoying, cut out stupid songs like "Friends for dinner", make the animation always as good as it was in the first three sequels, get rid of 10-13 entirely, show more action scenes, make them longer, and overall give them a more mature feel.

Oh, and really fix Chomper's voice in 5.

Bruton the Iguanodon

LBT 7 was the first one I had a serious problem with. The whole somewhat undefined thing about the stone of cold fire (what do they really expect it to do anyway) seems a bit strange, but I guess I could live with that one.
What I certainly would change about LBT 7 is the leaving of the rainbowfaces. Aliens from outer space belong into a different kind of story. It rather try to make their parting similar (not identical) to Doc's so everyone could interpret them for the own liking (I do see that there seems to be a paradox in my argumentation as I would prefer a clearer defined stone of cold fire but less clearer defined Rainbowfaces). Also I would do some changes of colors (no way there would be green lava in a movie if I had to decide about it).
LBT 8 does have an interesting story and no serious conflict with the way the world of LBT as presented in earlier sequels. Still I think there would be many changes about the way the story would be presented if I had to decide about it. First of all I would definitely make the sharptooth more threatening, dangerous, and not simply be defeated by a snowball being roled towards him (they'd really have to cause an avalanche for this in a story of mine, an avalanche perhaps which could endanger them as well. There is something like that in an LBT winter story I wrote before LBT 8). Also there are several color changes I would may. No deep green skies, no red to show that water is warm (this could be indicated through vapour above it), less extreme color changes to indicate the characters being warm or cold (e.g. I wouldn't create a deep grey Ducky but rather let the characters shiver or rattle their teeth more obviously. In general the effects of the coldness could be shown more obviously). I would certainly do some changes about Tippy. Perhaps in color, but certainly in his way of acting. Give him more of a character without being too silly. Perhaps I would let him utter complete sentences with some shortcommings in correctness as shown by Petrie or Ducky sometimes. I wouldn't allow a hot volcanic spring to freeze over in my version of LBT 8. There could be something else, like a geysir. Finally, if the green stuff around the hot spring is supposed to support the Great Valley dinosaurs and the spiketails for the whole cold time, I would certainly make it look like it is enough. In the movie the tiny bit of green appears almost ridiculous, more like a morsel than a food supply to last for an undefined long time. They could have come up with other ideas algae in the hot spring for example or needles of conifers (which may not be tasty, but might do to keep them alive).
LBT 10 is probably the most difficult one for me to handle. It strongly contradicts a story I'm writing at the moment (something I'd have to live with) and it seriously contradicts earlier movies (something I cannot accept). I guess I would end up with a whole different story in this case. Bron would have to come up with much better a reason for not being around all the time, the solar eclipse would be presented very differently (not like a falling shadow and without meteors to enhance the effect. Also I don't think I'd let a solar eclipse be the reason for all longnecks (excluding, Ali and her herd, Doc, and obviously parts of Brons herd) to head to a crater in the middle of nowhere. The sharpteeth would have to be much more dangerous ("I wouldn't tolerate a quote like sharpteeth are cowards!" in my story). And if Littlefoot was confronted with the choice of sticking with his father or returning to the valley, I would certainly let Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike also show some reactions other than the one during the song "Bestest friends". Don't get me wrong, the song is quite okay, but I would let them also show some more sadness, and attempts to keep Littlefoot with them

Are you gonna talk about what you'd change for 5, or 9, or 4? I'm interested to see what you'd have to say about those ones.

Bruton the Iguanodon

LBT 7 was the first one I had a serious problem with. The whole somewhat undefined thing about the stone of cold fire (what do they really expect it to do anyway) seems a bit strange, but I guess I could live with that one.
What I certainly would change about LBT 7 is the leaving of the rainbowfaces. Aliens from outer space belong into a different kind of story. It rather try to make their parting similar (not identical) to Doc's so everyone could interpret them for the own liking (I do see that there seems to be a paradox in my argumentation as I would prefer a clearer defined stone of cold fire but less clearer defined Rainbowfaces). Also I would do some changes of colors (no way there would be green lava in a movie if I had to decide about it).
LBT 8 does have an interesting story and no serious conflict with the way the world of LBT as presented in earlier sequels. Still I think there would be many changes about the way the story would be presented if I had to decide about it. First of all I would definitely make the sharptooth more threatening, dangerous, and not simply be defeated by a snowball being roled towards him (they'd really have to cause an avalanche for this in a story of mine, an avalanche perhaps which could endanger them as well. There is something like that in an LBT winter story I wrote before LBT 8). Also there are several color changes I would may. No deep green skies, no red to show that water is warm (this could be indicated through vapour above it), less extreme color changes to indicate the characters being warm or cold (e.g. I wouldn't create a deep grey Ducky but rather let the characters shiver or rattle their teeth more obviously. In general the effects of the coldness could be shown more obviously). I would certainly do some changes about Tippy. Perhaps in color, but certainly in his way of acting. Give him more of a character without being too silly. Perhaps I would let him utter complete sentences with some shortcommings in correctness as shown by Petrie or Ducky sometimes. I wouldn't allow a hot volcanic spring to freeze over in my version of LBT 8. There could be something else, like a geysir. Finally, if the green stuff around the hot spring is supposed to support the Great Valley dinosaurs and the spiketails for the whole cold time, I would certainly make it look like it is enough. In the movie the tiny bit of green appears almost ridiculous, more like a morsel than a food supply to last for an undefined long time. They could have come up with other ideas algae in the hot spring for example or needles of conifers (which may not be tasty, but might do to keep them alive).
LBT 10 is probably the most difficult one for me to handle. It strongly contradicts a story I'm writing at the moment (something I'd have to live with) and it seriously contradicts earlier movies (something I cannot accept). I guess I would end up with a whole different story in this case. Bron would have to come up with much better a reason for not being around all the time, the solar eclipse would be presented very differently (not like a falling shadow and without meteors to enhance the effect. Also I don't think I'd let a solar eclipse be the reason for all longnecks (excluding, Ali and her herd, Doc, and obviously parts of Brons herd) to head to a crater in the middle of nowhere. The sharpteeth would have to be much more dangerous ("I wouldn't tolerate a quote like sharpteeth are cowards!" in my story). And if Littlefoot was confronted with the choice of sticking with his father or returning to the valley, I would certainly let Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike also show some reactions other than the one during the song "Bestest friends". Don't get me wrong, the song is quite okay, but I would let them also show some more sadness, and attempts to keep Littlefoot with them

I really like your ideas, although I wouldn't have the rainbowfaces departure be like Doc's---it's not supposed to be sad, it's supposed to be a moment of pure awesomeness---which it was!  :)  As for 8, I really loved the beautiful deep green skies and the way the charactrers changed to duller colors when they got cold. It's awesome.  ;)

But I want to see what you'd change about my favorites, like 5 and 9! Whyd din't you include those? I'm curious to see what you would change!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Well this is kind of tricky seeing as there are 3 LBT films I really didn't like.
I'll start with my most hated (LBT 6) and say what changes I'd make to the 2 others another time.
Ok the one main change I would make to LBT 6 is, omitted Dinah and Dana.
They are the core reason I hated the 6th film soo much.
Their only purpose was for a reason for the gang to go to saurus rock.
All they did the rest of the time was get on Cera's wick and make a fool of her.
With a few changes and re-writes the film would have been better off without them.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LBT 4: I would have loved if Littlefoot had a crush on Ali or the other way around. Still a great movie though :)
LBT 5: The famous colour issue *sigh*
LBT 6: My least favourite sequel as well (at the moment, that is. Changes from time to time...). Though for different reasons... I actually don't mind the twins. What really annoys me is Littlefoot idolising Doc... The story line wasn't that good imo...
LBT 7: The red colour again... While I'm well aware of the un-LBT-ish departure of the Rainbowfaces, I don't really mind it for it's kinda mysterious and well done... Oh, and green lava looks somewhat mysterious as well.
LBT 8: No rant here but a reply to earlier statemnts: I actually did like the green skies and the red water :) More playing in the snow scenes would be nice :D
LBT 10: Add Ali.
LBT 13: Well... the Yellowbellies don't really look like the dinosaurs you get to see in the museums and in the documentaries...
Inactive, probably forever.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
13, I feel like all the movies have the kid feel to it but this one was just to much.
8 years with TGOF :yum

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,May 20 2005 on  02:18 AM
What I certainly would change about LBT 7 is the leaving of the rainbowfaces. Aliens from outer space belong into a different kind of story. It rather try to make their parting similar (not identical) to Doc's[ /B]so everyone could interpret them for the own liking (I do see that there seems to be a paradox in my argumentation as I would prefer a clearer defined stone of cold fire but less clearer defined Rainbowfaces). Also I would do some changes of colors (no way there would be green lava in a movie if I had to decide about it).
LBT 10 is probably the most difficult one for me to handle. It strongly contradicts a story I'm writing at the moment (something I'd have to live with) and it seriously contradicts earlier movies (something I cannot accept). I guess I would end up with a whole different story in this case. Bron would have to come up with much better a reason for not being around all the time, the solar eclipse would be presented very differently (not like a falling shadow and without meteors to enhance the effect. Also I don't think I'd let a solar eclipse be the reason for all longnecks (excluding, Ali and her herd, Doc, and obviously parts of Brons herd) to head to a crater in the middle of nowhere. The sharpteeth would have to be much more dangerous ("I wouldn't tolerate a quote like sharpteeth are cowards!" in my story). And if Littlefoot was confronted with the choice of sticking with his father or returning to the valley, I would certainly let Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike also show some reactions other than the one during the song "Bestest friends". Don't get me wrong, the song is quite okay, but I would let them also show some more sadness, and attempts to keep Littlefoot with them.

Which sequels would you change in which way Weird Raptor?

1. Are you gonna do 1-6, 9, and 11-13? I'd love to hear what you'd change about the older sequels.

2. I don't think the rainbow faces' parting should have been like Doc's. That would take away what makes them rainbowfaces. And their parting isn't supposed to be sad but mysterious.

3. I personally loved the deep green skies and the characters' coloring. The red of the water was to bait-and-switch the viewer into thinking it was lava also, I think?