The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

chomper pictures

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Are "they" the oppressive dictatorial admins of this here community?
I do not recall anyone protesting when he was banned after he had attacked quite a couple of you in spite of repeated warnings.
If admin decisions are made which you do not agree with I think it would be fairer if you told us about it when the decision is made (I can hardly count the times I've been encouraging members to criticize and question our decisions if you feel that we are messing up) rather than telling what a shame it is that we did what we did much later after were fine with it earlier on dry.gif
This staff is certainly not a bunch of arbitrarily acting, power hungry, vicious, guys who enjoy banning everyone and it would be kind if "they" would not be treated as such.
NOBODY has ever had the least disadvantage here for disagreeing with the staff about anything and we have always done our best to adapt this board to the wishes and the good of the community as a whole.
Therefore I would really appreciate if you did come out with your constructive criticism when decisions are made rather than making statements to our new members that suggest the admins to be acting in a shameful way against voiced opposition from the members, for that image is just untrue!

Actually, I think "they" is referring to the banned member, not to the staff. But I could be wrong.

Uhhhhh....yeah Malte.  I was referring to the banned member.  When I say "they", I don't always mean more than one person.  I use the term to describe a member whose gender I don't know.  I don't know if it's proper English (probably not.  We Americans use a lot of "improper English" in our speech), but that's just what I say to avoid confusion and misunderstandings.  I suppose it's ironic that this misunderstanding between us has occurred. :p I agree with the admins decision 100% on this matter.  The only thing I've disagreed with on this board thus far is the change to our current background (I have a large resolution and it tiles 6 times.  Rather annoying).  This members actions were inexcusable.  I'll admit I didn't experience it firsthand, but from what I've heard it was good to be rid of them.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Yeah, I sometimes use the term "they" myself when I am talking about just one person.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Uh oh, sorry about the misunderstanding then :oops
Didn't figure out the plural to refer to the one guy, sorry about that :bang

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Uh oh, sorry about the misunderstanding then dino_oops.gif
Didn't figure out the plural to refer to the one guy, sorry about that in-frustrated.gif

Hey, it's understandable.  I'd be PO'd too if a member had meant the admins.  And the frustrating tenancy for Americans to use improper English is hard on foreigners.  But you should know that I'm on you guys' side on things most of the time and if I'm not, I'll speak up right away.  I spoke up about the background thing but the majority liked it so it didn't get changed back.  I can understand that.  But with banning I'll always agree with the admins decisions so long as the current rules stay in place.  You give members plenty of chances before you go around banning them and even take the time to personally talk to them to see if you can salvage their status.  As it is now, the only members that get banned are those that simply don't listen and refuse to take the rules seriously and either one of those is unacceptable.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure about what is taught in school today, but way back in the neanderthal era I was taught that they can refer to 1 person or mutiple person, like you can also refer to 1 or many.  Just like I was taught the the singular and plural for some words are the same, fish, sheep, ect, and that fishes and sheeps is wrong and improper.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
But you should know that I'm on you guys' side on things most of the time and if I'm not, I'll speak up right away.
And that's something we encourage :yes
If anyone feels treated unfairly or disagrees with staff decisions, by all means tell us about it. Nobody is going to have any disadvantage whatsoever from disagreeing with us or offering constructive criticism. We cannot promise that decisions are changed at the will of one member in case there were good reasons for a decision and nobody else feels bothered about it, but we do take the opinion of the individual very serious and often suggestions by members were realized and improved the GOF. But to act upon members' opinions we need to know those opinions :yes

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile