The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot1616's Q&As

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Erm...no. Can't say I've heard of him to be honest :p Sorry to disappoint you there Serris. Clive Cussler an author you'd recommend?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Feb 5 2010 on  02:15 PM
Erm...no. Can't say I've heard of him to be honest :p Sorry to disappoint you there Serris. Clive Cussler an author you'd recommend?
His earlier books (1990s for the Dirk Pitt series and early 2000s for Kurt Austin/NUMA series) are MUCH better than his later books.

Even so, all of his stories are high octane thrillers. One word of advice, stay away from Polar Shift. I regard that as his worst novel.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Fair do's! Thanks for that Serris! And thanks for the Qs so far gang! ;)

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What is your most memorable/favourite moment in Far Away Home so far?

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
When did you start playing video games, and which game did you play first.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After reading your post about wanting a dog, my question is:

What is your favorite breed of dog :)?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow! It's been nearly 8 months since I last had a question from the floor! I was about ready to start nailing bits of wood to myself and change my name to "chair"  :lol  :p

OK here goes:

@ Caustizer: I've gotta say, it's kinda hard to pick out one moment out of all the greats one you've incorporated into the your story. I can name a few like the courtship of Star and Sky (finally! That was a long time coming :p), the attack on Bron in the forest was good too. I really like the segregation of the group and how the story flicks between Cera, Chomper and Ruby as one group and Littlefoot, Sky and the rest of the gang. I also really like Guide as a character. Beneath his cold, tough man exterior lies a fragile heart that deeply scarred and troubled. Your character portrayal is always top-notch and the narrative perspective is an interesting one too! (Think I might have mentioned that already :p) My apologies for not keeping up with it lately. Had so much work to do for uni its unreal! I will continue reading it when I get the chance though! ;)

@ Campion1: I actually started at quite a young age (perhaps a little too young). I had my first console by the time I was about 5 or 6 and that was a Sega Master System. That being said I had been playing games before then (my friend had one before me and I gamed on that). My first ever game I owned was Alex Kidd in Miracle World back in the late 80s. Even to this day I've only ever completed that game once! It's a sod since pretty much every thing on the screen is out to get you, you have only one hit before copping it and extra lives are scarce. From there, my video game library expanded, mainly through birthday and xmas presents. In fact, my online gaming name is a scar I bear from being unable to complete a devilishly hard game I had way back then. Even now, with all my gaming experience, I still haven't completed it! It is my white whale so to speak :smile

@ Cancerian Tiger: Ahhh yes! I remember that question! All that time ago!  :lol *ahem* anyway! Breed of dog? I'm not really fussy to be honest. I wouldn't particularly go for a toy breed e.g. poodle, pug, chihuahua etc given the choice. I'd prefer something like a Labrador, Goldie (golden retriever) or even a huskie/wolfhound. Again, if I found a Jack Russel or a Staffie (Staffordshire Bull Terrier) with a lovely temperament, I'd go for that. Remember, it's not the breed, it's the puppy inside that really matters ;)

Thanks for the questions guys! Feel a bit more in the runnings now! Much obliged!  :D Oh! Just a quick note for anyone waiting for an update on BOSE 2! I am so sorry I've left it so long to update. Since I started uni again I've had very little free time once I get home and I'm normally so mentally drained I can't muster to fortitude to work on it. Rest assured I haven't given up on it and hopefully a new update will be available soon!

Thanks again peeps! ;) Feel free to grill me some more if your questions are burning!  :p  :DD

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Would you rather that the final four chapters of Far Away Home be posted all at once in a 'marathon' format, or that I continue to post them one at a time as I finish them?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Firstly, thanx Rat Lady! Merry Xmas to you too (coming way too late but never mind :p) and to Caustizer, I'd say keep them running as normal unless you are genuinely that far ahead that updating a marathon load won't impede on rate of posting later down the line. That was my fatal flaw with my stories, wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How much have you been enjoying Epic Mickey thus far?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ohh flip! Dated almost a month ago! Need to visit here more often! :oops

Epic Mickey...in all honesty I got bored of it very quickly. Biggest gripe, it's a uninteresting story hugely overpadded with rinse-and-repeat fetch quests. The game has no variance and no difficulty curve. It's just one constant retrace of paths you've already been to and things very quickly became a chore rather than a fun challenge.
Other nags:
- Combat is clumsy and buggy and there's no real engagement or thrill to it.
- Camera needs a flippin' lasso on it to keep it in sodding place or look where you want it to!
- Characters are bland and uninteresting despite their huge back story and given history (quite an impressive feat to pull off I'd say given the circumstances)
- Running back and forth through the scenes of previous cartoons is nice done once or twice but when you constantly have to back track thru them time and time again, the nostalgia wears thin very quickly and they just become boring and tedious.

The moral choice system is a nice idea but poorly implemented. Half the time you don't know what the paint and thinner actually alters and there doesn't seem to be a dramatic difference in which one you choose to rule with. So what's the point?

Overall, I can't say I've been impressed by Epic Mickey and given the hype of it all, it a bit of a downer. As much as I'll play it thru (haven't quite finished it yet), I can't see it remaining a solid member of my Wii collection sadly.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Jan 22 2010 on  06:49 AM
I've re-written some chapters completely because I felt it didn't fit the storyline or it just didn't seem LBT enough.
This has me wondering, can you tell us about what some of these "deleted scenes" were like and why you chose not to put them in either of your two stories?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sure can! (Didn't realise I had a question in waiting... sorry about that! :oops)

Most of my "deleted scenes" were usually scrapped before they even made it to paper but one or two instances did in which I later removed them and rewrote sections or even whole chapters. One such instance was the magical barrier fight with the Red Phoenix and Jill in BOSE. Honestly, not one of my favourite ideas but I found that Jill was the only character (at that stage) who hadn't really had much of a connection to her power as a holder of a Stone of Essence, so I kinda condensed the use into one big outing and had her go toe-to-toe with the Red Phoenix. My initial plan was to have Jill lose the fight and have another "inner mind space" moment like Littlefoot had with his dreams in recognising each of the Stone Carriers and their special traits. It wasn't until I was writing the chapter that I realised that I hadn't done the same thing for Jason when he received his "awakening" (he mentions the dream briefly but that's about it). So I figured it would be better to have that "realising dream" sequence to be unique just to Littlefoot. And so, a scene where Jill, in her own mind, is awakened and strengthens her power as "the Summoner" was ultimately deleted.

Some deleted scenes were simply on the basis that there wasn't enough associative links to LBT for it to work. I know some readers hate to see humans interfering in the LBT universe (a criminal trend I think I am responsible for starting :oops) but I try my best to maintain a balance between human and dinosaur concepts and try to blend them without the impact being too harsh or jarring. Other instances have literally been deleted sections where I was just worried about the pacing of the story i.e. padding it out too much. There were literally small ideas that I just rejected and have since forgotten about them. The latest chapter of BOSE II (chapter 29) I rewrote at least twice because there was just too much padding and the story wasn't advancing. Truthfully, I still think that chapter is too chatty (relies on too much character dialogue to push things forward) and slowed things down a bit too much. Still, i'm working on the next chapter in which more discoveries are made and more about the fabled "Corruption's Curse" comes to light.

Thanks for the question there Chronicler! Hope that answers it! Look forward to any more questions from the GOF floor! :D ;)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
What games are on your wishlist?  And what online games have you tried or enjoyed?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
At the moment I can't say there are that many (which makes a change  :lol ) but there are a few I am looking forward to. Here's a short rundown:

Max Payne 3
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (will also need a 3DS)
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil 6
Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

As for online games, I'm guessing you are talking about the likes of Minecraft at al. Well, funnily enough I can't say I've dabbled very much in those kinda games. I'm more of a console player normally coz my PC is too low spec to run anything noteworthy.  :DD I do use Steam but most of those games aren't what you'd class as web browser games. I'm always open to suggestions (as long as they are not Facebook games like Mafia Wars or FarmVille) so any recommendations will not fall on deaf ears  :D

Thanks again guys! My door's always open for more Qs! Keep 'em coming!  ;)

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Littlefoot1616, do you like watching Extreme Dinosaurs, Dino Squad? I heard of these shows. :p  :DD  :lol  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nope! Never heard of it!

(Jeez! Has it been that long since I last looked at this thread?! Slightly embarrassing  :oops)

Good time to get back in the fray I suppose. Any questions gang? I'd be more than willing to answer! The Inquisitive Quadruped is back! :D :DD

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How's progress on your fanfiction?
(I've already mentioned a while ago that I've practically cancelled any further progress on my LBT/Bionicle story, so I'm just curious on whether or not you plan on continuing your story.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey Chronicler!

Good to see ya again! Been a while! :D

I do intend to continue with BOSE 2 but at the moment, I'm having such a hard time with work that I just don't get the free time to continue writing. And the little free time I do have, I find myself wanting to do other things away from my PC...like play video games (logic much?! :oops).

I haven't given up on the story seeing as the next chapter has been half finished for months now. Funnily enough, I'm still getting notifications from ff.net telling me people are favouriting both my stories, which is heartening.

I will finish BOSE 2 and I'm really sorry to anyone who has been waiting for me to update it. But work hasn't been kind to my free time schedule. Once I can get a better work/home life balance, I will continue. Please bear with me. It's coming, I promise! It's flattering to know that some people out there still do care. :D