The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Trivia Game

Petrie · 774 · 100756

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Looks like we have a weener! *coughs* Erm uh! I mean WINNER! (gotta stop getting those two words mixed up! LOL  :lol ) J/king

Yep! Robert Guillaume plays both Raffiki in the Lion King and Old Mr. Thicknose in LBT 8! Well done Stitch! You're turn!

P.S. Meega Nala Qwishta!  :p  :DD

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's an "easy" one:

How much did the first LBT movie make both on its opening weekend and by the end of its theatrical run?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
According to Don Bluth's Toon Talk magazine the land before time grossed $72 million worldwide. They say nothing about the first weekend there. The number can probably be found somewhere, but don't ask me where. I'm not much into numbers I admit. I have one for you as a funfact from a German newspaper of 1989. Over here there were 290623 visitors to LBT during the first week when it was shown in 243 cinemas in Germany. In the same week Police Academy VI had its first week over here. Though shown in 295 cinemas they had only 185702 visitors for that movie.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
For that fun fact, I'll give you the question.  The source I have gave a quote of over $7,526,000 for the first weekend.  It would have probably made a lot more if Oliver and Company didn't start that same weekend.

Your turn

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
:slap And this was your source, wasn't it: http://www.cataroo.com/DBland.html  :slap
I should have thought of it. After all the interview is pinned in the Gang of Five.

It is not a secret that they put dinosaurs from different eras (Jurrassic, Cretaceous etc.) together in the land before time. Please give me at least one species shown in LBT that comes from the Triassic period (you will make me especially happy if you come up with more than one) and at least three species shown in LBT which continued to exist after the cretaceous period (or at least whose very similar descendands did).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, I'm going to try  :p

"Dinosaurs" found in the LBT series that are from the Triassic era:

Ichthyosaur (the sharptooth swimmer from LBT 9)
Quetzalcoatlus (the massive flyer from LBT 7 that comes with Petrie's mother)
Eozostrodon (the mouse-like creature in LBT 4)

Creatures that existed after the cretaceous period:

The Alligator from LBT 10
Ichy (Dill's partner in LBT 4)
and, again, the mouse-like creature, Eozostrodon

Note, I did a bit of research on this question: I didn't know all of this off-hand, lol :p

Tough question!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Good enough for me! LOL :DD But Malte's the quizmaster at the moment so he's taking command...we must await his wise words LOL ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Actually I'm positive that neither Quetzalcoatlus nor that sharptooth swimmer from LBT 9 lived as early as Triasic period (248 to 206 million years ago). Both of them were actually from the cretaceous (144 to 65 million years ago). Eozostrodon did live in the cretaceous though. We might start a huge debate now on whether Tickles is a member of that kind or of a kind of mamal that came up much later in the cretaceous. Personally I consider him more likely to be a Megazostrodon as the Eozostrodon ceased to exist in the early Jurrassic (so if Tickles was indeed a Eozostrodon it would disqualify him from being a species that lived after the end of the cretaceous, while Megazostrodon did).
Ichty, Dill, and Tickles are actually the three "first choices" I had in mind for species that continued to exist (at least in very similar appearance) after the end of the cretaceous. Further examples would be the birds we see in LBT 9, the shark from LBT 5, and the creature from the prolouge of LBT 4 which is very similar to a whale.
If you want to, you can come up with the next one action9000. However, there is at least one species which is with absolute certainty from the Triassic to be seen in LBT (not a talking character). Shall I give the answer?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Certainly, Malte; go ahead and give uos the answer.  I'll post a question once you provide the solution to us :)  Good question, by the way.  Made us do our homework!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
What about those darned rainbowfaces?  :P:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The rainbowfaces could be identified as several different Cretaceous species while I can't right now think of a Triassic species that looked like them.
Okay, the most obviously Triassic dinosaur was in the original movie. Shortly before Littlefoot, Ducky, and Petrie run into Cera they are hiding from a Dimetrodon, a Triassic predator with a large "sail" on its back. There were no kinds with whom Dimetrodon could be mixed up in later periods, so he is the most definite example for a Triassic species in LBT.
Your turn Action9000 :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What musical key is the Diana Ross version of "If We Hold On Together" naturally played in?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
G key for the central melody (though it is very deep in pards) F key for the accompanyist music?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nope, but good try!

Here's a hint; the F# you see in the opening of the song is an accidental note, Not part of the key signature.

Another hint: Both the accompaniment, and the vocals are in the same key.  There is a 'mini' key change, Briefly, in the final "bridge" section of the song, leading into the final repeat of the chorus (I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that earlier).  I am Not counting that key change.  
What key is the rest of the song played in?

One more hint:  This answer can be looked up online if need be.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Since the F is an accidental thing, I would suspect it to be rather close to that than anything else.

I'll take a wild guess and say E.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good wild guess, but nope!

Another music-theory-related hint:

The root note of the last section of "Bestest Friends" is a Major 3rd below the root note of this key.