The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Trog" - the old Dino NES game

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was recently reminded of an old 1990 Nintendo game I used to own, called "Trog."  I mention it because it was dinosaur-themed.  :lol

It was a one- or two-player Pac-Man style game where each player had to collect all of the eggs of their colour, while avoiding various hazards on the level, including cavemen who tried to eat you, tarpits, water, and really deep holes.  

The attached file includes a few screenshots of the game.  Anyone else remember this awesome game?  :lol
I didn't play far enough in to take screenshots of the later levels, which get very interesting (cavemen that can jump, maps with different shapes, doors, other fun stuff).  There are (I think) 50 levels and (I think again  :p ) 3 bonus games in total.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Vaugely.

The dino-themed Nintendo game I mostly remember was actually for Super Nes and it was called "Radical Rex" (a fun game).
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Never played that one. God I don't know what it is but very old graphics freak me out, like Nintendo mainly. I don't know why but there's something about it that bothers me so much. Odd...