The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Virtual Handheld, and Other 3DS news!

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
There's a Nintendo Media Summit going on as I type this, and they've just confirmed that a Virtual Console-like service for 3DS will bring Game Boy and Game Boy Color games to the system, including 3D support (probably something as basic as a 2D layered effect, where the background layer will shrink into the distance, the foreground will appear closer, and the main interactive layer will be sandwiched in the middle)

The 3D camera can take a photo of your face and use it to automatically make a Mii.

3rd party support is a big focus for the system.

3DS will launch in February in Japan, March in the U.S. and Europe. System will cost 25,000 Yen, no word on prices outside of Japan.

m01

• Ruby
    • View Profile
3DS sounds like another triumph for nintendo. It seems to me like ninteno is going to create another great product. I'm gonna buy it as I allready have gameboy advance and DS.
Also, while bokemon black and white will come out for DS, the third game is certanly be for 3DS

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hold on!!

*calculates*

*comes out to about 250 US Dollars.*

WHAT!?  $250 for a handheld!?

DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! *repeats until he goes insane*

Seriously, it's just too much for a handheld. -_-

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
Sorry to say this, but Nintendo rips the customers off.

Converted in Euro, the Nintendo 3DS will cost 220Ä! But it has always been the case that Nintendo makes their gadgets in other countries even more expensive than in Japan. So the 3DS will cost 250 or even 300Ä in Germany.

Another point where Nintendo rips their customers off is the Nintendo Wii Controller. In Germany, you have to pay nearly 100Ä for only one controller (including Wii-Mote, Nunchuck and the new "Wii MotionPlus"). I felt so pranked when I say the price for a new "complete" Controller... it  can't be!

I'm a fan of Nintendo, but that just can't happening... I won't buy the Nintendo 3DS, it's WAY too expensive. I would buy it if cost 150Ä, but I'll never pay so much money only for a Handheld. I would rather buy a HD-TV or a Netbook.

I'm really disappointed with Nintendo.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 29 2010 on  07:23 AM
Hold on!!

*calculates*

*comes out to about 250 US Dollars.*

WHAT!?  $250 for a handheld!?

DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! *repeats until he goes insane*

Seriously, it's just too much for a handheld. -_-
Um...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable

<_<