The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Best of the 90's!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When the 80's ended and the 90's hit, music was just awesome.  Some call the 90's the last great era of music, which I sadly believe to be true.  You might be able to find a more modern song that's good, but it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Anyways, the 90's was the best.  Any artist you found had at least one good song that you could identify them with.  Most actually made very successful careers out of music because it was just SO good.  The songs came from both the heart and the soul, and I think that's what makes them so good.  You would hear the song on the radio, and almost immediately after it, you'd be enticed to run to the nearest store and buy the CD.  It was that good.

Backstreet Boys, N' Sync, All-4-One, Boyz 2 Men, Savage Garden, Shina Twain... the list goes on!  They were all great!  It was the perfect era of music.  Dang!  How I miss it! -_-

So, let's talk about our favorites from the 90's.

For me, here's my list.  As a YouTube Playlist. :)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B87E7A63B67532DF

See ya guys later! :)

Vek

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Kaelvek
Almosl all of the music i listen come from the 90's. Most of them are Quebec French songs.

This is the only english song from the 90's that i found in my file:

Apollo 440 - Can't Stop The Rock (1999)
Apollo 440 - Can't Stop The Rock (1999)

And these are my favorites in Quebec French:

Les Colocs - Bon Yeu (Could be translated by Dear Lord) The singer ask God to help him to find a job.

Les Colocs - La Rue Principale ( The Main Street) The singer rant about what became the main street and talk with nostalgia about the good old time.

Les FrËres ‡ Ch'val - Mon Voisin
Les FrËres ‡ Ch'val - Mon Voisin (My Neighbor) The singer tell a story about the last party he did with his neighbor.

Stef Carse - Achy Breaky Dance Our translated version of Achy Breaky Heart.

Mercedes Band - Flash tes LumiËres (flash your lights)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The only 90s singer I really even like to this day is Shania Twain...that's about it really.  90s wasn't a good decade for me in terms of popular music.  Now other stuff like classical or jazz, or even new age, I have some following in, but definitely not the pop scene.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'll admit that I have listened to The Backstreet Boys and NSYNC a lot during that time. One of my favorite songs from the 90s was this:

The Shape of My Heart - Backstreet Boys