The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Got a question for me?

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A little update to oogaboo's question. As of now, I only have around, two friends. In ALL of my school. :cry

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
You mentioned in my “Twin Cities” thread that you love owls. Have you ever read the Guardians of Ga’Hoole books or seen the movie?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pangaea: Why, yes. I have. I've read all the books of the series and I've seen the movie. I love them. It's one of my favorite book series.

Hope that answered you question.  :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What are your other favorite books and book series? :)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pangaea: I've read a lot of books, but so far, some of my favorites are,

Gaurdian's of Ga'Hoole
Warriors
Locked In Time
Magic Kitten
Seekers
Touching Spirit Bear
Gown of Spanish Lace
Magic Treehouse
Bone

Those are just the books off the top of my head. I love reading.

Hope that answered your question.  :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can’t believe I didn’t think to post this question right after you answered my first one: :rolleyes

What did you think of the Guardians of Ga’Hoole movie in comparison to the books?

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pangaea: Don't worry, it's all right. :smile

I thought the movie didn't follow the books as well as it could've. There were numerous mistakes, like...it was St. Aeggies, that were in the canyons, not the Pure Ones. Kludd never fell out of the tree with Soren, he was the one who made Soren get captured in the first place. Twilight and Digger were never together when they met Soren and Gylfie, and they certainly never caught Mrs. P for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They found her in the second book, I believe. Kludd and Soren never had a fight in a burning forest, they had it over the sea of Ga'Hoole in book four, The Seige. And Soren never fell in love with Outalissa, he hardly liked her before they were put in the same chaw. And Eyzlryb never told Soren he was Lyze of Keil unti later in the series, not early when they got to the tree. Eglantine never was moonblinked. She was bloody and injured when they first found her. Soren's Mum and Da died and he found their scrooms. They were never reunited. Sorry, I just had to nitpick on this. :smile

Hope that answered your question. :)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Is that your cat that's shown in your avatar?

I'm not on the GOF as much as I would like to be, so I didn't have time to read all of your posts. You seem to be a prolific writer and an avid reader. I would like to know more about your other interests. You like horseback riding? How often do you practice this sport? What is the horse's breed? Something about the breed, the place and the people you work with... I hope I'm not asking too much. :)  I believe other members would like to hear this as well.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
jansenov: Oh, it's no trouble at all. :yes

Is that your cat that's shown in your avatar?

Actually, yes. But this was taken quite a few years ago, he's much bigger now and couldn't fit into the space even if he tried.

You like horseback riding?

Yes, I love it. It's very fun to do and, believe it or not, helps me with my self-esteem.

How often do you practice this sport?

I go every Monday for it. But, sadly, I haven't gone in quite a while.  It's actually a very costly sport that my family can't afford right now, but once we do have all our finances cleared up, I'm going right back into it.

What is the horse's breed?

I'm actually not sure on this one. There's a lot of different breed's of horses I ride. But some of the earliest I've ridden was a Buckskin, and an Appaloosa. Those are first two horses I've ridden breeds. There's a lot of others there too that I can't name.

Something about the breed, the place and the people you work with...

I'm not sure if this is a question ar not... :unsure:

But...the place I ride is very...humble, for lack of a better word. It's not showy or a prestigieous bording school that has only the best equine equipment. It's rather a bit run-down kind of place. But the skill we're given isn't a reflection of the actual place itself.

the people are very nice and friendly. My teacher doesn't take any crap from us. if we're arguing with her, she gives us one heck of a talkin' to. :lol  And my fellow students are all people I know from outside of the riding school. Some I just know there, but everyone's very nice and supportive of each other.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm just curious: what made you decide to change your avatar to the photo of the cat (which I thought was adorable, by the way :DD), and then back to your old one after such a short time?

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pangaea: I'm actually not sure. I suppose it's becuase I just liked my old avatar better. Besides, I get enough of him everyday. :p

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just can't help but be curious: Why is it that your dinosona's name is Hope, but she calls herself Nana in the RP?

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pangaea: I knew someone was going to ask this sonner or later...-_-

Because she doesn't like to give out her real name, even to people she feels comfortable with. Like with You and FBS, she feels comfortable around them, but she feels top paranoid to give out her name to them. And its been a nickname for her, so she prefers to be called it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
what are your five favorite movies?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nick22: Five favorite movies, five favorite movies....hmm...

1. The Land Before Time
2. Arashi No Yoru Ni (One Stormy night)
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4. The Little Mermaid
5. Cronicles of Narnia. (All of them)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Monty Python is Hilarious ' I'm not dead yet! yes you are! :lol:

What are your 5 LEAST favorite movies..?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nick22: Yes, yes it is.

Truth be told, I don't really have five least favorite movies, heh heh.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Why did you choose those particular quotes for your signature? :)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pangaea: I'm actually not sure, I guess I choose them because I like them, I guess. -_-

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
theres has to be at least ONe film you don't like, like say battlefield Earth The Phantom menace or Batman and Robin.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: