The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Who knows we could be wrong. The first two episodes might not be that bad. But maybe they will. We have to wait and see.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
I dunno, he doesn't look that bad. I knew he would look kinda draconian, but I do like the twist they took on him, making him into a chimera dragon. His voice is pretty good too, tough I do still think it's a shame they didn't get Tim Curry (HE WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT!)
I will admit, he does seem like a bit of a step down from Nightmare Moon, but let's face it: How could you honestly top her?! We have to remember, regardless of the fanbase, this is still a kids' show.

Also, we must remember that this is only a 1 minute clip, from an hour long 2-parter. Remember what Zecora said "Maybe next time you'll take a closer look/ and not judge the cover of the book".

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
So, I've shown my boyfriend the series.
He wasn't really a brony, but he liked it. Then, he showed it to his sisters, who are now Pegasisters.
Now, here's the fun part. Yesterday, he said he wasn't a brony, though he liked the series. But today...he said that he is now a Brony :D !
So, we watched two episodes today when we could =3

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's awesome that they all like the show. It's a great show. And they shouldn't be afraid to be Bronies and Pegasisters. They should be proud.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
I tried recreating the Gang of Five into pony form in the OC Creator...

It's harder than it looks  :p

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://titanosaur.deviantart.com/
a hoy-hoy everypony, sorry I haven't been on much, haven't been feeling the best for a while. RL stuff and other Bucked up stuff.

anyways. I haven't drawn anything Pony related plan to just can't get the feel I need to pick up the pencil.

I saw the Discord design, I gotta say hes a bit..... well I won't lie I kinda expected the desig to show him as a pony, but I guess Hasbro wanted him to be diffrent. the guy looks like hes a maniacle maniac with Melicious monsterous intent.... wow did that realy come out that way? uh... anyways. Lately I been reading fanfics looking at fanart. listening Fanmusic (love the New Lunar Republic theme!) I gotta say, I think Fraust has created something that has got a life of its own now. I hope the boys er, and girls at Hasbro don't do anything to drop the ball. but hey, if they can do well with Transformers You would think they can do the same with MLP. season one, although I haven't been graced enough to get the channels to watch it, I hear is awsome. hopefully season 2 awsome as well. hopefully better.

Note to self, Get Dish Network or somethin!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 13 2011 on  07:57 PM
season one, although I haven't been graced enough to get the channels to watch it, I hear is awsome. hopefully season 2 awsome as well. hopefully better.

Just watch all of the episodes on YouTube or Dailymotion.  Saves you a lot of trouble.  To be honest, it's how most of us got to see it.

Yes, I know there's the issue of them being deleted left and right by trolls, but the brony community is fighting back hard on the matter. :D

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What I want to know is why they don't release season 1 and season 2 on DVD? They could make so much money if they did!

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://titanosaur.deviantart.com/
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 13 2011 on  08:05 PM
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 13 2011 on  07:57 PM
season one, although I haven't been graced enough to get the channels to watch it, I hear is awsome. hopefully season 2 awsome as well. hopefully better.

Just watch all of the episodes on YouTube or Dailymotion.  Saves you a lot of trouble.  To be honest, it's how most of us got to see it.

Yes, I know there's the issue of them being deleted left and right by trolls, but the brony community is fighting back hard on the matter. :D
I would, but I got slow-haunch Dialup internet. I keep trying to get highspeed but everytime I think I found a solution and when I try to get it something comes up that drains our funds.

But thank god for the random clips. hehehe. oh and that god for the MLP wiki for putting episode summeries and full plot up. thats how I mostly associate with the show. hopefully Hasbro Does release MLP FiM to DVD, hopefully in either a full box set for each season like they did with Beast Wars and G1 Transformers.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
^It looks like your only option is to either download an existing full quality torrent, which would take about 9 months on dialup or request a very low quality version that won't take you 25 years to download.  Guys, they'd be stupid to release the series on DVD in this economy.  Especially with everything so easily accessible through torrents and YouTube.  I'd personally buy them to support the series, but I doubt many others would do the same.  This is by far the best show to come out on TV or through a movie in a LONG, LONG time.  Not counting anime, the last decent TV show to actually come out came out like 10 years ago.  They just don't make TV shows (or movies) like they used to unfortunately.  99% of the stuff that's released nowadays is just shit.  We've got to hold on to good shows like this like our lives depend on it and support them as much as possible.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSHOH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH *wingboner*

TGWTG Finally made a video on Ponies! True, it isn't NC, but it is still about ponies and from TGWTG.com!

WOOHOO

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Don't worry. He actually praises both Generations 1 & 2. The only ones that get (and deserve) a beating is the G3, the G3.5, and the...oh god...My Little Pony Newborns...

WHY WHY WHY ;_;

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

We salute thee ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com for providing us with this pony video we can finally call our own! HALLELUJAH!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would buy the DVD and encourage as many as possible to do the same.  I know the economy is bad right now, but I think many fans would go into debt just to own a DVD box set of the show.  I know I would, but I also know I don't need to.

I do know they are busy making it.  They are just trying to make enough copies to meet demands.  This show is quite popular after all. :)

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

Chubby Season 2 Pinkamena Diane Pie wallowing in chocolate while eating apples...

I am placing 10 bucks on the table that a person will create a fanfic centered around that.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
There won't be a Box set for this show. Hasbro has no intentions of putting it out for DVD. They even said this. And where can I find this video that Douglas Walker made about this show?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: Bongo,Sep 13 2011 on  09:45 PM
OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSHOH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH *wingboner*

TGWTG Finally made a video on Ponies! True, it isn't NC, but it is still about ponies and from TGWTG.com!

WOOHOO
I think I'm gonna puke.....  That was absolutely painful.  All the MLP shows SUCKED before FiM!  I mean, seriously.  Even Sesame Street and Barney were never THAT painful. :x