The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Sequel

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Cool. I own them all on DVD, bought them about 9 years ago when they were still easy to find in stores. I'm just missing a couple of DVDs from the TV series, but unfortunately I can't seem to find them with Region 2 or Region Free online.

Back when they were only 7 sequels I used to watch them Monday through Sunday, so I didn't wear out the VCR and had some extra time for myself :p

It's good to see you're sharing TLBT with your kids, I hope to do that some day as well.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Oct 27 2015 on  04:41 AM
Btw, did you guys used to also have TLBT marathons?
I actually streamed one for the whole forum some years back.  I didn't get much of an audience, but I had fun doing it.  Heck, only a few of us showed up for the 13th movie and we decided to make fun of it in the chat while it was playing.  It was actually kind of fun.  It was the only thing that made it tolerable for us.

If I can get things set up, maybe I'll do a stream of the 14th movie when it comes out.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
You just made me picture Mike Nelson and the gang doing a Rifftrax of The Land Before Time 13. It would be a breeze for them to do, considering some of the crap they have to watch.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I am sure I posted on a thread like this, but it appears I didn't. Oh, well.

While I have many favorites for a variety of reasons, I picked LBT 10 out of the mix because it made me the most excited out of all the LBT sequels when I was a child. I liked the plot, the action, and of course, the introduction of Bron. That was a real shocker to me; I never thought we'd meet Littlefoot's father at the time. So yeah, it takes the cake.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Oct 13 2015 on  05:16 AM

Personally, I do agree that the first part of the movie (which was not done by Grosvenor if I'm not mistaken...) was in many ways darker and better.
Grovsner and RAS worked together on movie 5, the only time they did so. RAS leaving might have been due to the fact that he felt the series was in better hands with Grovsner.

But it's not the directors who choose what will happen in the story, it's the writers.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Holy crap I just realized I never voted on this!

I went with

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
It's okay action9000 I only voted last week too. I went with 4, obviously :p

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I've just rewatched LBT IX, I guess at the time I didn't realize it, but it has so many references to the original movie, not only in the dialogue and in some of the scenes, but also in the background music. There are even a few references to LBT IV, I guess it was the combination of these two things that made it my favourite of the later sequels.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Oct 11 2015 on  06:10 PM
Quote from: vonboy,Apr 30 2011 on  08:51 PM
At first, I was going to pick 5, just because Chomper was in it, but he made up such a small part of the movie. He was only in the last third or so of it, and I really didn't like the first half of the movie. This is the same way with 2. I loved the second half with Chomper in it, but the first half wasn't that great.

I finally decided on 7. It had Pterano in it (Probably my second or third favorite character now. some Pterano fans on here have helped me see the light. :lol ) He's a great tragic hero, and so complicated and intricate. I also loved the mysterious rainbowfaces in it. Some people hated them, because they didn't like the idea of aliens in LBT, but it sounded like a great idea to me. It was handled very well in the way the rainbowfaces never really revealed anything about themselves, and I loved the talk they had at the end with Littlefoot (It's why I did a talk like that when they came up in my fanfiction :DD ).

So yeah, I think 7 was the best sequel.
Why dont you like the first half of 5? If it wasnt for the second half, which I really didn't like, it.would be my favorite sequel.
Hey Bruton, I'm gonna assume you want vonboy to answer this but I know him good enough to have a good guess why he liked the second half better.

Personally, I do agree that the first part of the movie (which was not done by Grosvenor if I'm not mistaken...)
Wait, was this confirmed?  :!

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Dec 27 2015 on  07:23 PM
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Oct 11 2015 on  06:10 PM
Quote from: vonboy,Apr 30 2011 on  08:51 PM
At first, I was going to pick 5, just because Chomper was in it, but he made up such a small part of the movie. He was only in the last third or so of it, and I really didn't like the first half of the movie. This is the same way with 2. I loved the second half with Chomper in it, but the first half wasn't that great.

I finally decided on 7. It had Pterano in it (Probably my second or third favorite character now. some Pterano fans on here have helped me see the light. :lol ) He's a great tragic hero, and so complicated and intricate. I also loved the mysterious rainbowfaces in it. Some people hated them, because they didn't like the idea of aliens in LBT, but it sounded like a great idea to me. It was handled very well in the way the rainbowfaces never really revealed anything about themselves, and I loved the talk they had at the end with Littlefoot (It's why I did a talk like that when they came up in my fanfiction :DD ).

So yeah, I think 7 was the best sequel.
Why dont you like the first half of 5? If it wasnt for the second half, which I really didn't like, it.would be my favorite sequel.
Hey Bruton, I'm gonna assume you want vonboy to answer this but I know him good enough to have a good guess why he liked the second half better.

Personally, I do agree that the first part of the movie (which was not done by Grosvenor if I'm not mistaken...)
Wait, was this confirmed?  :!
Not sure, but lots of people here have been talking about it like it is, so I assume that is true.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cool! I want to know where this interesting bit of trivia came from!  :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bruton, as I said, that's what I think is how they did it. I just don't know but it feels like it's been like that. Not confirmed of course, just my impression :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Dec 28 2015 on  12:41 PM
Bruton, as I said, that's what I think is how they did it. I just don't know but it feels like it's been like that. Not confirmed of course, just my impression :)
Ok, cool.

All this makes me wonder why there's never been a Behind-the-scenes featurette.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one here interested in seeing something like that ;) It'd be cool to see how these movies we love so much came to exist :)
Inactive, probably forever.