The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why was Shorty looking sad...?

Guest · 8 · 1197

Bruton the Iguanodon

When Littlefoot is talking to Bron at the very end and telling him he's not ready to leave his friends, why does Shorty look sad when Littlefoot looks over to him? Last we saw of Shorty he was waiting for Cera...I mean I understand why he was upset earlier but he and Littlefoot worked things out. We saw him looking sad enough earlier; it seemed he'd finally perked up, also during the scene with Cera, but here he's all depressed again. Movie 10 was overdone, but 11 took the cake.

Also another thing I want comfirmation on is if Shorty actually cries at any point in the film. People swear he does when he leaves but I've watched the scene and as far as I can tell he's dry eyed. So if he is crying, can someone give me the exact time? I'm a little worried my eyesight's going bad... :unsure:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't think he cries. I just checked the scene where supposedly a tear rolls down his cheek, but there was none. If there was, either it was too fast or my quality wasn't good enough to pick up on it.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Alright, that settled all that needs to be resolved is the 1st question.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Probably because he still fears loosing Bron as a father figure to Littlefoot. After all Bron didn't do anything on screen to dispell those fears and we only see him acknowledging the existence of Shorty again after Littlefoot declared his intention to return to the Great Valley.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I thought he was sort of waiting for Cera 2 come back, since they were having fun...and about what you said, I thought he was long over that.  <_<

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I like to think that Shorty genuinely wanted Littlefoot to join him and Bron by the end of the movie. They had finally worked things out between each other, and Littlefoot offered to be his brother, something Shorty has no doubt missed out on his whole life as well.