The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What going to be in the next anniversary?

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I wonder what will be in the 20th anniversary of LBT by 2008. I hope they release it in the UK as well. I hate it the last time in 1998 when they didn't do such a thing  :cry  I wanted it to add to our collection...

-Threehorn

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I wonder if there will even be such a thing as a 20th Anniversary edition. Is there any official information that Universals does have such plans at all?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
That is still four years away, malte. I highly doubt ANy plans have been made THAT ahead of time.  :lol
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
This isn't going to be predictable for a while yet.   Isn't this similar to the topic I had started a long time ago?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yep.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
No, I'm saying its similar to a post you made.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Actually it's exactly the same, because I asked what would you like to see in an anniversary edition and Threehorn is asking the same thing....what will be in the next anniversary edition?  The thing is nobody can answer his question and we're all saying what we want to see in it (and that was posted in mine).  :rolleyes:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wish I could get hold of the 10th anniversary. It the only thing I haven't got to my collection... but I wonder when LBT 1 - 7 will be out on DVD in the UK. I know Europe has it now.

-Threehorn

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ For all I know there never was something like a 10th anniversary eddition. The DvDs of LBT 1 to 7 are out in Germany, but apart from the possibility to choose between languages there is not much more. Only the kind of games that are supposed to teach us how to count up to ten or to tell a square from a triangular.  :(

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Pheh, the so called "anniversary edition" was a joke--absolutely nothing in terms of special features.  :angry:   It's no different from the "normal" edition I have on dvd.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Unless you're Disney, 10th anniversary eidtions are meaningless.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Heh yeah and then they charge something on the lines of $25 for a dvd of it.  :angry:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Like a special Edition of "The Lan Before Time" wouldn't cost that much?  :p

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Those special editions of Disney dvd films (i.e. The Fox and the Hound is one I really want) have just the film and no real extras and yet the charge you $25 because it's part of a "gold collection"....  <_<

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
What? I was actually talking more along the lines of "The Lion King Special Two-Disc Edition and the "Mulan" one and such.

I'm sure they'll have a nice speical DVD for "The Fox and the Hound". I still think its funny that Kurt Russell was Adult Topper, but I don't know why.  :huh:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I doubt we'll see anything special for LBT's 20th! Failing that, a silver anni (25 years) probably still wont be that special. I doubt there will be any special features like "Behind the scenes" or "the making of..." coz I bet they didn't even think of filming themselves whilst working on it (bearing in mind that this was 16 years ago). Deleted scenes would be nice since quite a few of them were actually in the LBT movie trailer but not in the film. Also, I keep having the thought that the end credits song, If We Hold On Together, perhaps had a music video. In the UK, it wasnt a no.1 (sadly) but I distictly remember seeing a music video when it was played on a music show we have over here called "Top of the Pops". I might try finding it but I imagine it will be scarce...

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well whatever happens still like to see LBT go on for a long time.

-Threehorn

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't think they'd have behind the scenes either but a directors cut (with Don or Gary) you know would satisfy me enough. :)