The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Award Winners 2016

rhombus · 13 · 2488

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well it nearly took until 2017 reached the United States, but we finally have our winners for the 2016 forum awards.

The winners are now authorized to pick the award banners from the draft thread and add it to their signatures. Runner ups may take their pick after the winners (runners up will need to pick a different draft from the winner but they do not need to mark their award in any way as a runner up).

And here are our winners:

Fanart Award :  
Winner: Darkwolf91
Runner Up: RockingScorpion

Feedback Award :  
Winners (tied): Ducky123
Winners (tied): Rhombus
No Runner Up

Proactive Award :  
Winner: Nick22
Runner Up: Rhombus

Friendly Member Award :  
Winner: Ducky123
Runner Up: Kor

Role Play Award :  
Winner: Nick22
Runner Up: The Lone Dragon

Appreciated Member :  
Winner*: Darkwolf91
Winner*: LettuceBacon&Tomato

I would like to congratulate all of our winners and runner ups, and to thank everyone for making the Gang of Five a great and welcoming community :)

A note about the appreciated member award:

Due to an oversight on our part, voting for the appreciated member award was held when it was not necessary.  As Darkwolf had already won an award (the fanart award) she was not supposed to be qualified to compete in the appreciated member category, which would have left LettuceBacon&Tomato as the only qualified candidate and the winner by default.  We strongly feel that a mistake on the part of us administrators should be resolved in a way that benefits the affected parties.  Thus, as a vote has already been held on the matter, the results of the Appreciated Member vote will not be nullified - but rather both will have the right to select a banner. Nonetheless we apologize for our mistake and will take steps to make sure that similar errors do not happen in the future.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I just want to say that the fate of the Appreciated Member award was discussed extensively, and I am impressed with the way the admins handled the situation. As I received the Appreciated award through a fluke, I would very much prefer that LB&T have first choice of banner for the award :)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Congrats to all the winners! And here's to a new year for the Great Valley  :birthday  :birthday  :birthday

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, finally! :p

Congratulations to all winners and huge thanks for the admins for sticking with the award voting! You're all awesome!

For next year, though, I would suggest starting a bit sooner (July-September) ;)

Also, I believe the mistakes during the voting process happened because Nick and Rhombus were running this alone without the support of the other admins (no offense but why are they still admins then? It is their job to help out during the award voting, sorry.) This is rhombus' first year running the awards so he doesn't have experience with these things yet and therefore must have overlooked that tiny little detail about the Appreciated Member Award.

Oh well, I will pick my banners now since I am only in winning positions this year, apparently :p

EDIT: I can't add the banners to my signature right now so the picking will be delayed until Tuesday, unfortunately.

EDIT 2: Why is there no Ducky banner for Feedback Award? I can't keep up with my habit of only picking Ducky Banners anymore  :(petrie
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Congratulations to the winners! I really feel that the awards went to the right persons even though the runner-ups would have also deserved them. And the draft banners look really cool... good job to the one who close the right shots for them!  :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Dec 31 2016 on  09:35 PM
I just want to say that the fate of the Appreciated Member award was discussed extensively, and I am impressed with the way the admins handled the situation. As I received the Appreciated award through a fluke, I would very much prefer that LB&T have first choice of banner for the award :)
That's very nice of you, thanks :) I've been doing a lot of testing color schemes
I've been doing a lot of testing color schemes, and ultimately I think I want this one:

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Excellent!
Then I'll have these two, for Fanart and Appreciated respectively  :smile

The spike image reminds me of my first time using proseal in the army  :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ugh, I almost forgot about this  :lol:

I'm picking the following banners:

Friendly:
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Everyone did a great job congratulations

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is a really old topic, so I'm locking it to prevent any confusion :)