The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

World of Furry

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"It's probably it, for now, captain." Vergil stated, though he couldn't be one hundred percent positive. All the same, he was looking forward to this, as it meant getting back out in the field, putting in a good day's work, protecting some people, and going back to enjoying life after it was done.

As they reached the hanger, Vergil took a look at his mech. It was a Hunter type, or class II. A svelte but powerful looking black med with some red components on it, it was generally humanoid. It had thrusters on the back for either extended cruising or to gain limited altitude in combat if need be, which was mostly used to augment jumps. The thrusters resembled two long rifles on its backside, and two stabilizer fins spread out like small wings as well. Vergil had a blade loaded onto it as his customization, and the mech, dubbed Hiei by the gecko, was designed primarily for speed and agility, but could physically hold its own as well, while not being the most physically imposing of mechs.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Shannon smiled and walked over to her Hunter suit, grinning over at the others.  Her suit was larger than most, mounting heavy armor and a large external thruster pack on it's back.  
"Yeah, I think it's just us.  Didn't sound like this was gonna be a big incursion, but we're still needed to contain it."
She chuckled...

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhodan exhaled slowly as he flexed his fingers inside the kevlar-and-metal-jointed gloves. They felt strange, alien to him, about as out of place as his scaly hide would be in an all avian market. His tail, plated by iron sheaths provided by the siut, clanked on the floor as he flicked it absently. He wasn't sure he liked the skin-tight sensation the suit gave as it settled against his scales. It almost gave him a feeling of imprisonment.

Something else the suit provided, though Rhodan was almost disinclined to use, were two small handle-pistols, equipped to the wrist, but made for easy access. He stared pointedly down at the small weapons and his lip curled in something like disdain. He would most likely have to use them, he would do so acquiesce. but it didn't mean that he woudl like it.

This was going to be interesting.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Heading to the mess hall, Drake was glad it was still opened. Managing to get a fair serving of meat he took a seat at the table and began to eat.
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vergil rode the elevator up the gantry to his mech's cockpit, tapping his foot on the way up. Reaching upper levels of the gantry, Vergil strode forward and entered the control center, which was in the "head" of Hiei. Strapping himself in, Vergil closed the cockpit and began powering up the suit, the machine coming to life under him as the HUDs lit up and displayed brilliant greens and reds before his eyes. "Comm check." he said now, his helmet's microphone picking up his voice and broadcasting it to the other mechs. "Sergeant First Class Speicher reporting in with a comm check."

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Shannon grinned, flicking a few of the switches, chuckling over the comms.  
"Shannon here.  07-1, Unseen Howl, arming up and prepping for deployment."
She chuckled, as a wall panel opened up, revealing a massive plasma launcher, which her unit grabbed, slinging the weapon onto it's shoulder.
"Alright, good to go."
She said with a low murr.  Adrian smirked, swinging himself into the cockpit of his unit, as a slender plate of armor slid into position on the back of his armor, his screen flaring to life.  
"Adrian, Unit 07-2.  Black Kyuubi.  Comms online.  Arming up, preparing to deploy."
He said, as two wall panels around it slid open, one revealing a long sword stored in it's scabbard, which was attached to a tertiary mechanical arm on the units back, while the other revealed a long, slender rifle, which Adrian grabbed and nodded.
"Set for launch.  What about you, Captain?"

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhodan grimaced behind his mask. After seeing what these devices could do, his paranoia about machines was started to act up. Something will go wrong, something will always go wrong, but he forced his head to perform a short, stiff sort of nod as he approached the panel.
"Ahem. Captain Rhodan checking in with the - er- comms." His ran his tongue over his dry lips, hoping that was the correct action.
With a sudden sort of hiss, three metal hydraulic arms deployed from the walls. Rhodan took a giant step back in total surprise. Knew it! They're out to murder us! His mind screamed.
His face flushed in embarrassment as he turned to Adrian and asked, throguh a clenched jaw. "How do I not get killed?"

(Rhodan adn machines don't mix well :()
J. R. R. Tolkein

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian chuckled a little.
"Well, for one, just relax a little.  These things are safer than pretty much anything around.  Also, looks like you'll be handling tac/com for this mission.  So basically, just get to high ground and keep us supplied with info.  Particularly if anything's behind us and intent on killing us."
He said with a laugh...

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhodan's nostrils flared with the effort of his exasperated sigh. Not that he was frustrated at Adrian, but just how out of his league he felt. Would have been a whole lot more handy had they chosen someone who felt confident around machines.

He stepped cautiously forward and noticed the ammo belt loops the arms held out. He moved a little closer and the arms set to work. A nearby panel slid back revealing a sort of metal-plated vest outfitted with two, elegantly-long blade-like wings. Or at least, they could pass as wings.

Get to the high ground, not a problem, Rhodan mused as the vest was strapped around him. A blaster that must have weighed about a ton was dropped into his claws. He examined the weapon with a frown. Despite his preference for blades, guns in effect killed better - and faster. He clutched it tightly. "Ready," he reported through the comm. "If everyone is suited up, I suggest now is a god time to move out."

(Killed better? :confused)
J. R. R. Tolkein

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As the park became a warzone, a young Jaguar named Hania Enapay stormed away from the area in his E-Type, which he had spent years restoring. This destination was the military base as he wanted to sign up for the Titan program and help defend his home.

The E-Type's engine roared as he was finally approaching the base...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hanua was not the only young jaguar trying to make a differennce. MushI crept down the jungle path, headed towards the camp, to inquire about signing up to hep out.  her katana was sung across her back, it had saved her life on several occasions. the necklace around her neck glowed as she ran.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The E-Type's tires screeched as it pulled into the garage and parked. Hania quickly shut off the ignition and got out making haste to get inside.

Everyone's eyes turned to the Jaguar as he stormed through the doors.

"What's the rush, cat?" The man behind the desk asked.

"I wish to take part in the Titan Project." He replied.

"Now, boy. One just doesn't join the Titan Project overnight."

"Whatever it takes, I'll do it." Hania responded.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"All ready to go, captain!" Vergil chimed in. The wrists on the mech whirred as he spun them around, testing them out, and took a few steps forward. "Everything seems to be good to go! Shall we deploy, sir?" he asked, looking around him now and getting a feel for the mech. He'd used it a few times before this, but never in combat before... so time to see what it was truly capable of.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhodan flexed his claws, encased in the metal-jointed armor of the kevlar suit. He nodded to Vergil and cleared his throat. "Atten-TION!" He smartly clicked his heels together, and his tail smacked the ground.

Time for the pep-talk.
J. R. R. Tolkein

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Sir!" Vergil responded, bringing his mech to attention now, finding the movement not difficult to complete at all. He was starting to get a feel for the response time and controls, and that was a good thing if he was going to stay alive out there.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Shannon grinned, her suit snapping to attention, holding it's gun over its' shoulder.
"Yes sir!"
She giggled, as Adrian's suit snapped its rifle into a resting position.
"Sir."
He responded...

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhodan raised a brow behind his visor. "Ahem, Adrian." he indicated the rifle.
"Soldiers, I don't believe I have to tell you about the immediate danger we face out there," he stayed rooted to the spot, resisting the urge to pace. A good captain faced his quadrant; an impatient one paced.
"It is vital that we maintain good communication and coverage of all areas, as well as exceptional teamwork." He paused. "There will be no time for mistakes."
J. R. R. Tolkein

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian chuckled, slinging his rifle to parade rest.
"Understood sir.  I can assure you that I won't let you down.  We've got this under control."
He said confidently.  Shannon smiled inside her suit.  
"We won't let you down, sir."
She giggled...

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"You don't understand! I have to get out there now, people are dying! Now I may be a civilian but I am not leaving until I am accepted into Titan" Hania explained, firmly planting himself in the lobby.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Understood, sir." Vergil replied with a nod. "I'll be happy to take point if you want. I'm fast, and have found speed is my greatest asset." the gecko explained now.

(runner up)
(runner up)