The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

World of Furry

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhodan considered. "Accepted, soldier." he said to Vergil.
His tail clanked against the floor - he must really find a quieter way of doing that, or stop doing it altogether.
He nodded curtly and motioned with his hand. "We'll be off, then." He said, to dismiss. "And good luck to us all."
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vergil nodded, and threw a salute, making Hiei perform the same salute as well. "Yes sir! Thank you, sir!" Vergil proceeded to lead the way, using the thrusters on the back of his mech to accelerate and "skim" over the surface, flying high enough above the roadways to avoid motorists, and weaving a path in between the buildings of the city.

Of all the things to be thinking of, Vergil found his mind wandering back to Shannon, though this partly caused him to get depressed over Alice and her engagement but... there were others out there.

There wasn't much time to think on that however, as Vergil's sensors suddenly picked up an incoming bogey swooping down from above him... yes, above. Vergil compensated by swinging his mech to the left and allowing the creature to zoom past at the last minute. Vergil fired a burst from the jets and brought Hiei's heel down hard upon the creature's back, sending it crashing into the park below. "We've made contact!" he exclaimed into his headset, landing on top of the creature now with all the force he could muster.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Bugger! Rhodan saw the huge creature as soon as Vergil made the report. He frowned, accelerating the speed of his own thrusters - he'd balked at such mechanical advancements, but quickly adapted. He clutched his saber as the speed picked up.

He was impressed with how quickly Vergil had reacted - it was an admirable quality.
"Adrian!" he barked into his comm - not really meaning to bark, but not meaning to whisper, either - "Circle back around and attack from the rear! Shannon! I want you with Vergil! I'll be in front!" He made for the head.
J. R. R. Tolkein

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Shannon nodded grimly as Adrian's suit boosted off, darting around a building and out of view as her unit darted to cover Vergil's.  As the unit hit the ground, she dropped low, aiming a burst from the massive Plasma cannon into the fallen foe, blowing a large portion of its head off as she scanned the area...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vergil nodded at Shannon after she blasted the monster's head mostly out of existence. He then turned and picked up other readings closing in fast. "Seems we have multiple contacts." the gecko reported now, and readied his blade as an ear splitting screech sounded and several creatures came into view, falling from above as they'd apparently leaped into the area.

Vergil immediately rocketed into the air and headed straight for one, but then increased thrust in order to flip over the creature's girth and sliced into its backside as both began falling to the ground. The creature shrieked, but managed to land upright, and whirled around to face Hiei, Vergil planting himself firmly on the ground. It was time to go to work... and keep himself alive. The creature charged in and the "dance" began, with Vergil staying as nimble as possible in order to avoid taking a direct hit as they twisted about each other, both trying to land the decisive blow.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhodan hadn't allowed himself to gape at the sheer mass of these creatures - he had to be focused, no matter what his enemy's size - and he quickly adapted to the rather upsetting turn of events.

He noticed Vergil performing some sort of dervish spectacle with another creature and set his sights on that. he grasped his scimitar and with more determination than he had felt previously, he boosted himself upwards, blad outstretched. He aimed for the creature's back - not a vital point, but enough of a distraction for the real damage to be done. He felt the blade sink into the creature's body and then quick as that, backed off, motioning to Vergil as he did so.
J. R. R. Tolkein

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vergil saw Rhodan move in for a blow that caused the creature to give out a roar of pain, and he didn't need a second urging from his commander. Spinning about, Vergil slashed across the creature's throat, causing it to topple over backwards as he ended his movement with his feet firmly planted on the ground. "Thanks, captain!" he said now, giving Rhodan's suit a nod. "Certainly a bigger incursion we're dealing with, today."

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As the creature Rhodan was fighting fell, another burst of plasma fire tore right over the two's units, incinerating another creature.  Shannon's suit glanced around the area, lens flaring.  
"Where's Adrian?  I'm not picking him up on visual!"
She asked, worry evident in her voice...

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhodan nodded quickly. "No trouble." He glanced upwards and frowned. "Certainly seems that way." Now why in the world had he thought today was going to be easy?

Picking up Shannon on his comm, Rhodan immediately rose on his thrusters and scanned the area. "Adrian, this is your Captain, do you copy?" he waited for a reply, his blade at the ready.

(Always wanted to write/say that XD)
J. R. R. Tolkein

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian's comms crackled silent for a moment, then came alive.  
"Yeah, I'm here.  Got pinned down by an ambush, but I'm making progress.  There's something you should be alerted to.  One of the beings is currently assisting me in fending off it's kin.  I'm not sure why yet.  I'll keep in touch."
He said, as the sound of more gunfire came through the line...

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhodan was surprised. He hesitantly switched his comm over to Shannon and Vergil's channels to report. "Adrian reports he is being aided by one of the creatures. This complicates matters," he dodged one such creature as it came barreling towards him, and swiped across its back with his blade, not missing a beat. "We will need to be extra watchful, now. Do you all copy?"
J. R. R. Tolkein

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian dodged around another burst of acid from one of the creatures that he was facing, leaning out and firing a single precise blast at it's head as his newfound ally dove down onto another, lifting it high into the air before slamming if down.  Adrian quickly snapped a series of 3-D images of the creature, making sure to avoid any inappropriate angles before sending them to his squad mates.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vergil received the 3D images, and frowned in thought. This was... interesting. "Captain!" he said now. "With your permission, I'll try to cut my way through to Adrian and try to lessen the pressure on him some. If you need me here though..." he said, slashing into another creature as he nimbly dodged it. "I'll stay." he concluded.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rhodan received the images same time as Vergil approached. This was very interesting, indeed. One of these creatures was helping them? Rhodan shook his head briefly. He'd never before seen these creatures, but knew almost instantly they were a threat, yet one of them was aiding this small team...
He turned back to Vergil. "I'd like a second opinion over there. Report back to me when you've arrived and anything new you find." He motioned with his blade before thrusting it into an oncoming behemoth's head. The spray of blood - at least what he thought was blood - it certainly wasn't red, but it was thick and gloppy - spattered against his visor.
J. R. R. Tolkein

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Shannon dodged around another creature's attack, slamming the butt of her launcher down into it's head hard, splattering it across the ground.
"Right.  I'll cover you, then, sir."
She said, calmly focused...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yes sir!" Vergil replied, and moved up into the air with a great jump to get over these things and make his way to Adrian's position. There were some shorter buildings here, and he used the top of them to leap over the creatures and easily located Adrian from his vantage point high above the battle zone. Firing his thrusters, he moved Hiei down to Adrian's position, burying his sword into what he was fairly certain was an unfriendly creature moving to the same spot. He could see the "friendly", or whatever it was, fighting close to Adrian's mech.

"Here to assist, sir!" Vergil informed him, backing off from the monster he'd just slain. "Has that thing tried to communicate with you in any way?" he asked now.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian's unit shook it's head.  
"Nothing decisive, but she did land on my suit and indicate that she was going to help before taking down another one of these things."
He said, leaning around cover and snapping off another rifle shot before stowing the gun and drawing a long, thin katana-esque sword...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I guess we just go from here, then." Vergil said, moving to avoid an oncoming attack. "Any suggestions on what we should do with it... or her... after we're done here?" he asked, grunting as he made a quick downward but powerful slash into his opponent.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Anything to report?" Rhodan rasped into his comm, while performing the equivalent of a whirling dervish - a display made all the more deadly by the fact that he was using his blade - bringing down another creature. He was covered with the internal spray - clearly blood, but having no resemblance to the hemoglobin he knew.
J. R. R. Tolkein

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Shannon ducked under another creature, slamming the barrel of her gun into it's chest before firing a single high-powered shot to vaporize it.  
"Adrian, report in!  What's your status?"
She said into her comms...

Adrian shrugged his suit's shoulders, parrying a creature's strike as the allied one gouged it's eyes.
"Don't know.  But she'll come stay with me, that's for sure."
He said softly...