The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Gargoyles: The RP

Rocky · 25 · 3265

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OOC thread

As The sun vanished and day turned to night in Manhattan. Goliath, Broadway, Hudson, Bronx, Angela, and the rest of the Clan awoke from their stone sleep with their first roars of the Night. Goliath surveyed the Castle. It felt good to be home, however he was still mistrustful of Xanatos 's intentions, but did not fear being smashed while he and the clan slept. His adversary would never be so wasteful.

Hudson and Bronx headed off to the television, to see if anything worth watching was on. Hudson sat back in the recliner and Bronx laid down on the floor next to the Old soldier's chair. "Let's see what's on tonight, ey boy." Hudson said as he turned on the TV.

Goliath decided the clan would eat, then go out on patrol. Ever since the quarrymen nearly killed him and Elisa last night, he made it clear no one was to leave the castle alone, for any reason. True this would make Patrols difficult, but it was a necessity as long as the Quarrymen hunted them. Broadway was fixing the clan their 'Breakfast'. After that came the daunting task of assigning teams.

Elisa sighed as she headed out from her Apartment. Since Matt was the head of the new Gargoyle task force, she was faced with the possibility she might get a new partner, something she did not look forward too. Not since the incident with Jason. "It's gonna be one of those nights." She mused to herself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile a small, cloaked figure ran through the alleyways of Manhattan. The figure was a young boy named Arron. Arron was running from his father, Dr. Anton Servarious. His dad had turned Arron into a gargoyle. To save his life he said, to cure his cancer he said. But Arron still ran away. He fell to the ground in pain as he mutation continued. His skin had already turned forest green, and his hands and feet were starting to change. He had felt something painfully growing from his tail bone. Arron crawled over to a wall and propped up against it. "why is this happening to me?" He asked himself between sobs.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Brooklyn awoke like usual.  Once awake he looked around at the night sky outside.  "Maybe It'll be a quiet night." he said, hoping but suspecting otherwise.   I wonder what Broadway will make. He thought, looking around at the sky and what he could see for a bit before going inside.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Lexington broke free in a shower of stone skin as he awoke alongside his kin.  He jumped inside so he could visit Alexander if the child was still awake...

----------

Meanwhile, the door down the hall from Elisa's apartment opened and a young man stepped out.  Jean had lived in his new home no more than a month, in the States for almost half a year, and had rarely met Elisa until now.  "Bonjour, Miss...Maza I believe?" he called to her.  He had a noticeable French accent to his voice, but he knew English rather well...

----------

A large airplane began to make its landing on the tarmac at the airport.  Among the passengers, a stone-faced Asian man sat patiently for the plane to dock.  As if contemplating, his lips seemed to curl in a smirk...

----------

At THAT same time, in the Labyrinth, a white tiger mutate, formerly a Buddhist monk before he was changed forever, was meditating by the tracks, when his eyes shot open.  He looked up, his feline face stern...

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Elisa sighed as she stopped, She heard about Jean from one of her neighbors. However she didn't have time to chat. "Yes, sorry but I gotta get going." She said as she headed to the elevator and out the building to her car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Broadway was almost done with breakfast, It was a breakfast style meal. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage. He carted the food out to the dining hall where Xanatos had put out several more chairs to accommodate the clan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arron held his head, it felt like it was growing, he also noticed his brown hair was all falling out as small rows of spikes started to grow around his head in a circle. His fingers were more like Talons, and his feet were digigrade. Arron tried to stand before he fell forward, unfamiliar with his new feet. Arron cried out in agony as wings burst threw the cloak. His eyes glowed red as his tail had finished growing out, and started to grow a club with spikes.  

"Hey kid are you...." The Officer asked before he saw Arron, the rookie drew his gun and aimed at him. "NO!" Arron shouted as he unintentionally fired a blast of electricity t him. Too terrified to see if he was still alive, Arron took to all fours and ran. He narrowly avoided a certain red car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elisa swerved to a stop. That thing had wings and a tail. "Yeah, definitely one of those nights." She said as she picked up the communicator and earpiece Lexington made.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Goliath had just finished his meal when Elisa called. "Goliath, I nearly got a fender bender from some kind of green gargoyle in a cloak. It just took off into a back ally, and it looked like it was heading towards the The Eyrie Building." Elisa said though the communicator. Goliath knew Patrol would have to wait. "Angela, Brooklyn, with me." Goliath said. "Broadway, find Lexington then join us." Goliath ordered as he, and Angela took off.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Guess breakfast will have to wait." Brooklyn said in all seriousness.. He went to the outside and took off to try to catch up with Goliath.  He glanced back now and then quickly to see if Broadway and or Lexington were behind them yet.  He wondered what was going on, but knew they would find out soon enough.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Jean couldn't stop her with anything.  Somehow he understood she was a police officer, and he was not the type to keep a cop from her job.  He sighed, and strolled up the stairs to the roof.  The buildings around him were of similar heights, making it ideal for exercise.

With a few stretches, he looked to the gap between him and the next building, then he took off down the stretch of the roof, and vaulted across the gap onto the other side, rolling forward to break his fall.  He began sprinting over obstacles as he was making his way across the rooftops...

----------

Almost to Alexander's room, Lexington skidded to a stop.  He managed to catch a word or two from his own earpiece he carried with him.  "I think playtime will have to wait," he muttered as he turned around and ran back...

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Broadway nodded to Goliath and ran off looking for Lex, only to collide with him. "Come on Lex, we gotta go." He said, helping Lexington up as he took off on all fours. Xanatos barely moved to the side. "I wonder what the hurry is?" He asked himself as he arched his eyebrow.

Broadway took to the air and hoped he and Lexington would catch up to the others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Goliath and Angela saw where Elisa's car had swerved, it's siren flashing as traffic on that street halted. He also saw a small figure running through the back alley. "I see it Father." Angela said as she descended. Goliath followed suit. Soon he and Angela were faced with what looked like a Gargoyle child with red eyes. 'Could this be another of Servarious' s clones?' The Leader wondered.

"No..No stay back!" Arron said, his eyes were full of fear. Fear these gargoyles might hurt him. "Please don't hurt me." He pleaded. Angela was the first to approach. She folded her wings over her shoulders in an attempt to seem less threatening. "Please don't be scared, we don't want to hurt you." Angela said softly to assure Arron. "My name's Angela, this is my father Goliath. We want to help you." She said with a sincere smile that seemed to calm him a bit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elisa knew she had no chance of catching that thing, decided to take a look where it came from. Her cop instincts were telling her to scope out this back ally. She saw a rookie cop on the ground, he wasn't breathing. Elisa rushed to give him CPR. After several attempts She revived him. She took out a wireless radio and put in a call for an ambulance "This is Elisa Maza, 23rd precinct. Need a ambulance at 32nd street, officer down." She said.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Brooklyn landed next to Goliath.  He folded his wings up and let Angela approach, thinking that only 1 of them approaching the scared looking person and her being a female with a female voice may help.  He looked at Goliath.

"I had thought that Servarious had stopped mutating innocent people." He said.  "He looked at the scared person.  "Perhaps we need to contact the Mutates.  They may be able to help him.  Though he'll need a place to stay in anycase." He said to Goliath.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Lexington's head spun for a moment from colliding with his rookery brother, but once helped up, he ran after Broadway and leapt into the sky with him to join the Clan...

----------

Jean stopped when he started hearing sirens down the street in front of the building he's on.  He rushed to the edge to catch sight of the police vehicle before it disappeared into an alleyway close by.  He hopped to the next roof and looked down into the alleyway.  He can catch sight of Elisa next to a downed police officer, both illuminated by the car's headlights.  Whether or not to drop by from the rooftops was a good idea to him, when he catches a dark shape appear from behind a brick-lined vent climb out onto a fire escape, followed by two more...

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Arron looked at the red one with the beak. "How.. How do you know my dad, were you human too?" Arron asked, removing his hood to reveal he was a child. Goliath was so shocked and angry, his eyes glowed. Arron backed away, afraid of Goliath. Angela turned to looked at her father who had regained his composure. Angela was shocked and angry as well, though she did a better job at controlling it. How could Servarious do something like this to his own son. "My Name's Arron, Arron Servarious." He said, scared from what happened to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Broadway and Lexington caught up with the rest of their clan. Broadway saw three shadowy figures. They were Quarrymen, Gargoyle hunters. These three were itching to kill some gargoyles.

"GOLIATH!" Broadway shouted as he swooped in to tackle one. The second quarryman swung his hammer a Goliath, striking him in the back. Roaring in pain, Goliath turned to Brooklyn. "Angela, get the child out of here!" He ordered. Angela complied as she looked at Arron. "Hold on and don't let go." She instructing as she climbed the side of the building Arron had been leaning against. Angela was soon on top of the roof and took to the air. The third tried to shoot her with a blaster before Broadway took it and smashed it. the Second Quarrymen struck Broadway from behind.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Lexington homed in on the Quarryman who was on top of Broadway, and grappled him from behind...

----------

Quickly getting behind the vent to keep from being seen, Jean examined the figures as they were climbing down the fire escape.  All three had hoods covering their heads, and he could see one with a rifle strapped across his back.  He crept back to the edge to watch the men quietly get down to the lower levels...

A thought snapped into his mind when he remembered the news about the Quarrymen, and these guys fit the descriptions displayed on TV.  If these were in fact the fanatics, and they're creeping up on police officers, Elisa was in trouble...

The rifleman was on the final ladder when Jean snapped into action.  He jumped onto the fire escape and then went over the side.  He flew by the other two and landed on the top of the ladder, smacking a lever in the process.  The lever is what kept the ladder up, and the ladder immediately slid down with Jean and the Quarryman.  The young man jumped onto the lowest level while the ladder continued, until it jolted to a stop, the sudden force knocked the rifleman off and sent him screaming 6 feet to the ground on his back, winding him.  The ladder automatically slid back up, just as Quarryman number 2 leaned over the side to aim a pistol at Jean, only to have the ladder come up under him and slammed him in the face...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Brooklyn's eyes started to glow as he attacked the quarryman who had attacked Goliath, swiping at him with his claw to injure him and or at least distract him so Goliath would hopefully have more of an opening.  He also put himself opposite where Goliath was so the guy could not focus on them both at once.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Brooklyn' s strategy worked. The quarryman was caught off guard. Goliath took this chance and threw the quarryman in the Dumpster. He saw all three quarrymen were down for the count. "Everyone, back to the castle." He ordered as he and Broadway scaled the side of a building and took off into the air. Goliath caught sight of a human man on the roof on of a building. He wondered who was, but couldn't worry about that.

Broadway wondered if Angela was OK. His worries were soon eased as he caught sight of Angela, still holding Arron firmly. Arron in turn was hanging on tight. Angela thought about telling him to relax, but she decided against for now. It didn't matter, they were already back at the castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elisa smiled when she saw all the gargoyles flew off. Elisa watched as the officer was loaded up onto the stretcher. " A green, hooded monster attacked me, it shout lightning. and had red eyes." He said, going in and out of consciousness. Elisa wondered. Did she see a mutate, like her brother and the others. 'Jalapeƒa!' She thought, this night just kept getting weirder and weirder, even more than usual.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hudson and Bronx were out in the courtyard, about to take off after they heard on the Television that a gargoyle like creature had reportedly attacked a police officer,  when they saw Angela land with a Passenger.

"Who do we have here Lass?" Hudson Asked, eying the young boy. "I'm Arron." He answered nervously "Don't tell me he's the one who's caused all this Trouble." He said with a smile.
Arron was nervous at the sight of Hudson and Bronx, until he saw Fox and Xantos, who had come out to see what was going on. when they saw Arron, they came over to see who he was.  It was just then Goliath and the others landed. "Uncle David, Aunt Fox, it's me, Arron." He said, as though he forced the words out of his mouth. The married couple was shocked. "Arron, what happened to you?" Fox asked, taking him from Angela' s arms. Goliath approached his old foes with his wings folded. "Who is this child Xanatos." The billionaire looked up at Goliath. "He's our Nephew." Came Xanatos' s reply. "What!?" Goliath, Angela, Broadway and Hudson asked in shock.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Brooklyn climbed up the building and took off, making sure he saw the rest of the clan were taking off and heading back to the castle.  Once back he landed behind the rest and folded his wings.

"Why would someone do this to their own son.  He must be more of a monster then I thought he was." Brooklyn said.  "But at least he does have a place to stay.  That is something." He said.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Lexington rushed off with the others from the end of the fight, landing with them in time to find out the truth about the new creature.  His large eyes grew wider with shock...

----------

Still above the alley over Elisa, Jean was still in a serious fight, as he clung onto the bottom of the next level to pull himself just over a furious swing from the third Quarryman's hammer, then double-kicked him the chest to the other side.  The attacker composed himself and charged again, but Jean was down and then ran up the side of the wall over the Quarryman, twirled and scissor-grabbed him around his head, and hurled him back to the other side with force.  The Quarryman was wedged upside down between the bars, and couldn't get out anytime soon...

Jean stood back up, just as the final Quarryman grappled him from behind.  After a moment of struggling, the young man stomped on his assailant's foot to loosen his grip, kicked off the wall towards the edge, and then jumped up to again grab the bottom of the higher level, using his body to shove the Quarryman over and off the fire escape.  The man shouted as he fell, landing on the fallen comrade taken down earlier...

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Elisa didn't know what to make of this. It happened so fast. The other officers were taking care of the quarrymen. Elisa climbed up the fire escape. She pulled her gun out at the figure on the roof. "Mind explaining what that was all about?" She asked Jean, clearly not in the mood for anything but straight answers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Your Nephew?" Asked Goliath, still trying to take in what he just heard. "Yes, My sister' s son." Fox clarified, still holding Arron. "We'll tell you everything, but I believe we'd all be better off discussing this in the dining hall." Xanatos explained. Goliath nodded as he, Angela, Broadway, Bronx, Hudson, Brooklyn, and Lexington.

Inside the dining hall, the clan sat down and saw their 'Breakfast"  was still hot. "I took the liberty to reheat your meals." Owen explained as Broadway, Angela, Hudson started to eat. Bronx found a plate with a nice Juice ham and started to dig in.

Xanatos sat down next to fox, who sat Arron down in a chair next to her. "My sister' s name was Angela Reynard, she was my older sister. about 8 years ago, she met and married my Ex-Brother in law, Anton Servarious." Fox said. "My sister and I had very little in common, so we rarely talked, though now I wish we did. 4 years ago, she succumb to cancer." Fox said.

Goliath and the rest of the clan had learned about cancer during their adjustment period. The leader felt pity towards the young boy siting at the table. never should a child have to lose their parent or parents.

Then Arron spoke. " He turned me into a gargoyle." He explained. " I would be cured he said, be rid of the cancer he said, but I don't want to be like this, I wanted to be human!" Arron shouted as accidentally fired off a bolt of electricity that hit Brooklyn. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." Arron said, scared of what they would do to him.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Brooklyn paused before going in with the others to glance around briefly to see if they were not followed or not.  He came in a few seconds at most behind the others and sat down at the table to listen while he ate his breakfast.  

"Still, it sounds drastic and inhumane to do something like that, even considering." Brooklyn said.  

Brooklyn was knocked back by the unexpected blast of lightning.  For a moment when he got up his eyes glowed but he quickly calmed himself and reput the chair back and sat down, rubbing the shoulder where he was hit.  

It's...ok.   I guess learning to control that may take some time." Brooklyn said.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Initially, he didn't want to stick around because of his little fight, but Elisa was on him before he could run.  So Jean held his hands up.  "This is not what I had in mind in getting to know your new neighbors..." he muttered out loud.  "I apologize if I was loitering, officer.  I was certain these hooded men were after you.  They're the Quarrymen people were talking about, yes?"

----------

Lexington was behind Brooklyn when his rookery brother was hit, so had to hop over him to keep from getting buried.  He got into his own chair were his food sat...

----------

Meanwhile, near the docks, a gathering of shady characters began to swell for an occasional street race.  Among them was a dark-colored Nissan Skyline from out of town...

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"yeah, right." Elisa said. She was grateful, but he seemed like more of a vigilant than a concerned citizen. "You and I are gonna have a little chat down at the station." Elisa explained as she led him down the latter aand then cuffed him before putting his in the back seat of a squad car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Arron sighed. " But I don't want to learn to control it, I want a cure." He said, hugging his legs close to his body. Goliath looked at the boy. " We we will find Servarious, and we will force him to cure you." He said, his eyes glowing white as he clinched his fist. Angela approached her father. " Father, where would we start to look?" She asked. Angela wanted to help Arron just as much, but they didn't know where Servarious was.
"I do." Xanatos said, he had left the great hall with fox, and now both returned, Xanatos in his steel clan Exo-Armor, fox sporting a exosuit similar to Robyn Canmore's hunter armor, but with Yellow replacing the black. "I think we should all pay a visit." Xanatos said

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
As he sat in the police car with cuffs on him, Jean cursed himself in French.  This wasn't going to be a swell night...