The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 118514

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Apparently Ruby will still be voiced by Megan Strange according to Anndi in a comment on her LBT 14 announcement blog...  Now I'm confused  :huh:
Life Is Good

SuperGameWarrior101

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Nov 6 2015 on  04:55 PM
Apparently Ruby will still be voiced by Megan Strange according to Anndi in a comment on her LBT 14 announcement blog...  Now I'm confused  :huh:
Yeah I know. I just got that reply from her. So that's bizzare.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Ah well nice to see that like Littlefoot they actually got a kid actor to voice Chomper.  Unlike some other characters. Ahem!…  :p

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well, this is really good news! This has alleviated another serious worry of mine that Chomper and Ruby would not end up with speaking roles! So far, everything I've worried about the new sequel hasn't happened: no CGI animation, having great familiar and great new voice actors in place, having Chomper and Ruby back, and now having them confirmed to speak! Really great to have Miriam Flynn back here too, and pleasantly surprised  to see Meghan Strange come back too. All I can say is that so far I have seen very little discouraging news (only that we haven't seen Shorty yet) and I'm very happy to say my expectations just keep getting raised with all of this good news coming out  :D .

Also of note, Easter is relatively  early this year, at March 27.  Since Universal releases its movies mostly on Tuesdays, this would suggest a release date of March 22 if we're looking at a release right before Easter. Also keep in mind however, that some of the Universal family D2V movies were released two weeks or so online before the DVD release date, so who knows, we may be looking at even earlier than that.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: SuperGameWarrior101,Nov 6 2015 on  05:01 PM
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Nov 6 2015 on  04:55 PM
Apparently Ruby will still be voiced by Megan Strange according to Anndi in a comment on her LBT 14 announcement blog...  Now I'm confused  :huh:
Yeah I know. I just got that reply from her. So that's bizzare.
Perhaps Meghan Strange wasn't supposed to say anything about the new movie and so made something up or was simply confused cause it said Journey Of The Heart instead of Journey Of The Brave
Life Is Good

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Wow, that's some great stuff right there! I have a few things to ramble about regarding this...

Firstly, Miriam Flynn is back, which means Grandma Longneck gets a speaking role at least! YEESS!! :DD

Second, Isaac Brown and Meghan Strange are voicing Chomper and Ruby. I'm glad Meghan Strange is back, and I guess when she said she had taken no part in this film it was a blatant lie. :lol It's good to see a fresh take on Chomper, and I like that, like Littlefoot, they're keeping his voice actor as a child.  :yes

Release date is around Easter next year? Well, I'm pretty glad it's being released then, to be honest. It means they're spending more time on the film (nearly two years in fact!  :! ). With that in mind, I think we should be hopeful that this film will have much to improve on Wisdom of Friends. We can't really assume that, just because it is a Land Before Time sequel, it will be terrible. I'm going to keep my hopes up about it. :p

Anyways, I had a look at Anndi McAfee's Instagram, and then looked up the hashtag that they've set up, #LandB4Time . I found Issac Brown's Instagram
Issac Brown's Instagram and invite you to take a look at his most recent uploads.

Firstly, I'd look at the second video on there (EDIT: scratch this, he's uploaded more stuff since I made this post I've linked to it in my next post ). It shows a short clip of Grandma Longneck talking to Grandpa which then fades to a different location (where I assume the gang is at). The thing is, at the very start of the video (or on the thumbnail for it), you can see two pairs of feet. It's pretty blurry and the colours are too bright, but you can see that they're both bipedal dinosaurs. You can definitely make out the shape of Ruby's feet, and it certainly looks like Chomper's feet next to those. On the right you can see a very large, grey foot which probably belongs to one of the grandparents. It then cuts to the grandparents talking to each other. There is also a picture of Chomper with part of Ruby's face in it as well as another large foot which is likely to belong to one of the grandparents. Oh and he has three fingers again...

This could possibly explain why Chomper and Ruby are not with the main gang during the main adventure. It's quite possible that they help the grown-ups look for them. :yes

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I had started to lose interest since we hadn't had any news for a while, but after seeing this I'm well excited again! I'm looking forward to Easter!

All we need now is have confirmation of Shorty's presence and I'll be very much satisfied!  :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Great find!

Also, somerandomfangirl, would you mind posting a link to the video you mentioned? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Oops, sorry! He's uploaded some more stuff since I checked last night and I did have some trouble linking it from my computer, but here you go.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
If Chomper and Ruby really are helping the grownups look for the gang then maybe (assuming this takes place before the tv series) this is how they get accepted in the Great Valley  :yes
Life Is Good

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe, but it'd be really hard for Ruby and Chomper to try to explain that they know the Gang, and they wanna help, while the Valley residents are trying to stomp them. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Nov 7 2015 on  11:08 AM
Maybe, but it'd be really hard for Ruby and Chomper to try to explain that they know the Gang, and they wanna help, while the Valley residents are trying to stomp them. :p
An occupational hazard for Oviraptors and sharpteeth.  :p

But I am pleased with this new round of information.  It seems like some of my earlier concerns (about CGI and the voice actors) have proven to be unfounded.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
An occupational hazard for Oviraptors and sharpteeth.
for Oviraptors
that's what I thought about long time ago.
Isn't Ruby's species supposed to be eggs stealers/eaters?

I wonder, when Great Valley discussed about letting Chomper to live in valley, did they discuss the same question for Ruby?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wonder, when Great Valley discussed about letting Chomper to live in valley, did they discuss the same question for Ruby?

That is a good question that the TV series left unresolved.  I would imagine that any debate about keeping a potential egg-stealer and a sharptooth in the valley would be a very contentious one.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe the directors found a way, but it seems like it's be almost impossible for Chomper and Ruby to convince the valley to stay without at least the gang there to back them up at the time.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Nov 7 2015 on  03:56 AM
Oops, sorry! He's uploaded some more stuff since I checked last night and I did have some trouble linking it from my computer, but here you go.
Thanks for the link! :D

I'm loving what I'm seeing. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haven't had any time to click all the links you guys discover all the time but the news are pretty awesome! :DD
I'm really happy about Ruby and Chomper being confirmed to be in the movie and, on top of that, they even got speaking roles again!  :wow
Inactive, probably forever.

SuperGameWarrior101

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Nov 8 2015 on  08:36 AM
Haven't had any time to click all the links you guys discover all the time but the news are pretty awesome! :DD
I'm really happy about Ruby and Chomper being confirmed to be in the movie and, on top of that, they even got speaking roles again!  :wow
Yes! I can't wait to see them again!

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Just listened to a part of Anndi's podcast where she talked a bit about LBT 14. She said the release will be in "February,  maybe early March." :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/FitMuses/status/...520956967686145