The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 117892

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
11 in the Neilson top 20. Is that good or bad considering this is a new release and a Walmart exclusive? I'm assuming this doesn't take streaming services into account?

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: LoyfeCycleProtector,Feb 10 2016 on  08:57 PM
11 in the Neilson top 20. Is that good or bad considering this is a new release and a Walmart exclusive? I'm assuming this doesn't take streaming services into account?
According to this list there were 22 DVD releases on February 2. LBT 14 was 5th of the new releases on the Nielsen chart, so it seems like it was 5th out of 22nd of the new releases.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/DVD-Release...ent-108727.html

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
So that's good, then! For a movie that didn't even have a theatrical release or much marketing, that's pretty impressive!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
So, is fifth good? "They might do a sequel" good?

Like, should we be "hooray fifth!" or "ouch, fifth"?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Parker,Feb 9 2016 on  03:56 PM
I see the personality flaws, but they make the plot work so well.

I'm curious what you mean by this, pokeplayer. The only personality flaws I noticed in the film were the ones that the characters have always had to a certain extent. Stuff like Littlefoot always wanting to be the leader and Cera complaining about various things. These flaws make them who they are. Without them, they'd be rather boring to watch.
What I meant was that there were times they were out of character, but for some reason, they made plot work so well, it hardly mattered.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I was searching for data on the DVD sales, but couldn't find any. Being in the top 20 is a very good sign.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Parker

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Journey of the Brave is currently listed under "Top Picks for Kids" on Netflix. And on my account, it's the first one to show up on the horizontal scroll, before shows like Young Justice, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, Uncle Grandpa, The Garfield Show, Pokemon XY, and the 2015 Inspector Gadget cartoon.

Impressive streaming numbers are probably just as important these days as DVD sales, if not more so. If the movie does well, Netflix will no doubt gladly buy the broadcast rights for future ones, giving Universal a bankable Land Before Time revenue source.

What I meant was that there were times they were out of character, but for some reason, they made plot work so well, it hardly mattered.

Interesting - I didn't notice any glaring out-of-character moments. What examples stood out to you?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah I let the movie silently play in the background on Netflix yesterday just to boost their numbers. Every bit helps.

Interesting - I didn't notice any glaring out-of-character moments. What examples stood out to you?

Not out-of-character, but it annoyed me that Chomper was able to track their scent when we wasted so much screentime on stickweed and how it made their scents unsmellable.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Hooray for the sales! The movie deserves it, judging by the comments. Hopefully this warrants a sequel! :D

Parker

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time: Journey of the Brave has a "Best Seller" tag listed next to it on Walmart's online store.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Feb 11 2016 on  07:54 PM
Yeah I let the movie silently play in the background on Netflix yesterday just to boost their numbers. Every bit helps.

Not out-of-character, but it annoyed me that Chomper was able to track their scent when we wasted so much screentime on stickweed and how it made their scents unsmellable.
Hmm, I thought it was the stinkweed made them just smell unappetizing? Just figured it was like the stinky grass in movie 5, that made Papa Sharptooth say something along the lines of "Anything that smells like that can't taste good, anyway." when he sniffed Spike.

Though I would have liked if they did something with it, anyway. Maybe have Chomper come to the stinkweed pool, and make some comment about it.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Yeah, I was expecting a scene where Chomper declares that he can't follow the gang's trace anymore and maybe later he would notice that the stinkweed couldn't have possible moved by itself and realize how Littlefoot and his friends went through the sharpteeth hunting grounds... But no, Chomper and Ruby were extremely downplayed in this movie. Understandable, although still a little disappointing. x(cera

cyberbat

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I think the view on wether it was good or not, really depends on what bothers you about the series and what doesn't. On wether you liked them as kid or teenageer/younge adult or not.

For instance I am enjoys watching/listening to 2 fans viewpoints on LBT both are polar opposite in tone

one is Marzgirl-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9195WkB8BQ...3l8UU4QAMpAkUsU

The other is Alex Popp from the lbt squad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggns1zomB8E

and I agree with both, I highly recommend listening to both of them in their LBT reviews <3

I didn't like the sound effects.
I didn't like the voice acting for Toppie but I didn't care.
I didn't like the backgrounds- the previous movies were actually quite pretty.

And I found it all terribly predicable. I also hated that stinkysong.

But they referenced the original movie, they animation of the main characters was on model, I bet they had those character models on file from the previous movies/show. And the voices of the main characters was good.

I also think that Bron should just live in the valley. His entire herd left him for dead, didn't even TRY to help him. Yet his little boy went all the way there to save him..........I would be so ANGRY if I was him and tell them all to get ....(swear word deleted).

If you have small kids they will love it, if you are in the mood for a sweet show you will love it.

But I found it a little bit......insipid....meh....boring...middling. It was a good try and I'm GLAD they made this film, but it won't be one I'll rewatch in a big hurry. And the songs weren't all that catchy either.

If you own the rest BUY IT. For no other reason than to encourage them to make more, it keeps the show alive and introduces a whole new generation to this. 30yr anniversary is coming up, that's AMAZING for a kids show. My only regret is that I was too old at age 13 for the 2nd movie, I wished they hadn't waited so long to do it after the first one.

I loved lbt so much that at age 8 I vowed to myself that when I grew up and got married I would walk down the isle to 'if we hold on together" and many years later I did! - last year infact :) And when/if I have babies I want them to enjoy this too. I had NO IDEA WHAT SO EVER that number 14 was coming out! I saw this movie on netflix BY ACCIDENT!!!! I was beside myself! I rang my husband and squeed down the phone to him. He made me wait until next morning before watching it because he wanted to see my face when I saw it *lol. It seriously made my day, month year and bought me back to the fandom that meant the most to me.

go and watch it, be in a GOOD MOOD when you do and I think you will enjoy it.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow...I just finished watching it...and I really liked it!  :smile

I made a whole thread in which I jotted down my commentary on certain points as I watched. I've never done that with a movie before and really enjoyed doing so. I hope there will be more LBT movies for me to do it with!  :smile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: cyberbat,Feb 13 2016 on  03:45 AM

I didn't like the sound effects.

And I found it all terribly predicable. I also hated that stinkysong.

Glad I'm not the only one who hates the cartoon sound effects and the hot and stinky song..
Or hot and sh***y as I like to call it!  :lol

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Yeah, that song in particular seemed kind of pointless. Not to mention that the title sounds kind of... Suggestive. :D

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Coyote_A,Feb 13 2016 on  01:57 PM
Yeah, that song in particular seemed kind of pointless. Not to mention that the title sounds kind of... Suggestive. :D
I know what you mean... Could mistaken it for something rude..

Pinky997

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Feb 11 2016 on  08:54 PM

YES I noticed that right away. They made a whole song out of it!
The songs in this movie weren't my favorite, and usually the songs make or break the LBT sequel for me. Maybe once they're on YouTube and I can listen to them more they'll grow on me. There weren't any real deep ones this time, though. Maybe that last song about being apart, but I'll have to hear it again to see.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I just watched JOTB AND I LOVEDDDD IT 💗💗💗💗💗
8 years with TGOF :yum

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: bestariana1girl,Feb 14 2016 on  04:39 PM
I just watched JOTB AND I LOVEDDDD IT 💗💗💗💗💗
I think that's the shortest review we've had in this thread. :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)