The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Michael Jackson died at the age of 50

Jasper · 32 · 3068

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've heard that famous people die in groups of three.
Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and Ed McMahon all died this week.  What a lousy week. :cry2

That aside, Michael Jackson did have some good music, and I used to respect him before he turned himself into a freak with no nose.  He could also dance pretty good.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Due to the new rules about what goes in After Midnight, I'll bump this over to the fridge unless it becomes necessary to put into AM.  The topic is developing friendly enough that I'm okay with it in the Fridge.

A strange fellow, indeed.  We won't forget what he's done for the music world.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
May his soul rest in peace finally.

The sad thing is after the monumental success with Thriller, Michael considered himself a failure as an artist because while he did have some success, he could never match how much of an impact Thriller made. I'm sure now that he is gone people will start to appreciate his music more. I know I will.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm not a particular fan of his music, but his was a name everyone knew even when I entered kindergarten. A living legend lives no more. In many ways his live has been rather tragic within the last two decades and I don't think this thread is the place for any speculations about how much of this was his own doing. So I hope that he finds the rest or youth (for which he had been striving) in death which he could not find in life.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yes, it is a shame he has passed, as well as Fawcett and McMahon.  Never a big fan of his later music, but the Thriller album isn't that bad.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I never was his fan, but i felt sad when i heard of Jackson's death. A great part of pop-culture of 80-90s died. :(

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Such a tragic loss. As much as I wasn't a fan of his later performances, he was still a great artist who did a lot for those less privileged than ourselves. I couldn't believe it when I first heard. I was a great admirer of his older songs and I doubt his influence on the world of music will ever be forgotten. He had a comeback tour starting in London later this year starting at the O2 Arena in Greenwich...looks like that won't be going ahead now.

Poor guy...RIP MJ! A legendary pop icon! :cry2

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Evidently he died of cardiac arrest as a result of taking a cocktail of seven pills, including Xanax (for anxiety), Zoloft (for depression), and Demerol (higly addictive painkiller).  His physician, who was with him when he overdosed, is suspected of foul play.  However, he is at large right now <_<.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
To be honest, this came like lightning out of a clear sky...
Rest in peace MJ. You've left an important marking in music history. :(
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I was never a fan of his music... but his achievements were undeniable... though tainted by the actions of his later years... so sad and so sudden. Anyway, it just goes to show that great talent and serious issues have a sad tendency to go together...

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I was never really a fan of his, but his music was pretty good. He was an icon of the 80's, no matter what. He will be missed.