The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Stop Uwe Boll Petition

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Anyone who has seen a movie directed by Uwe Boll knows just how much they suck!  With how horrible they are, wouldn't it be great if he wasn't allowed to take ANY part in the making of a movie?

Sign the petition below and help make it possible. (Over 340,000 signed as of this moment.)

http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html

Seriously, he needs to be stopped.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I actually enjoyed watching House of the Dead. It is a bad movie, but it's so bad it's funny and good. I'm not sure if I want to stop him from making movies because it's his job, but I do agree he needs to get better.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
No offense, but I don't see the purpose of this petition. If anything will stop Uwe Boll, it's the backfiring of his attempts at directing movies, not an online petition. And what's the big deal of him making these movies anyway? Sure they're bad, but they aren't the worst thing in the world. If you don't like them, just don't watch them. Personally, I don't feel it's right to deprive someone of their job just because they suck at it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Personally, I don't feel it's right to deprive someone of their job just because they suck at it.
Unless they're my brain surgeon. :p

But honestly, I completely agree.  This petition just seems rude.  I won't be taking part in this one.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:exactly

Unless he is doin' somethin' that brings harm to others (i.e. murder, supporting racism, etc.), I have no desire to deprive somebody of their dreams.  He has just as much a right to do what he wants with his life as we do.  Just don't watch his movies if they're really that bad.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Yeah, his movies are [censored] but what he does is not our business.

If anything will drive him out of business is the fact that his movies don't turn a profit.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Sep 10 2009 on  05:43 AM
Personally, I don't feel it's right to deprive someone of their job just because they suck at it.
Unless they're my brain surgeon. :p

But honestly, I completely agree.  This petition just seems rude.  I won't be taking part in this one.
Same for me.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Ha. I love bad movies. My dormmates love to watch and criticize them. Uwe Boll's stuff is our favorite source for 21st century terrible movies. To date we've only watched two movies that I retroactively don't think deserved their infamous status, and neither were even remotely Boll's.