The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

SRFG's fanart

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The blood moon rises once again, be on your guard Link....er, Littlefoot?  :bestsharptooth

Very nice job! I can understand the feet issue, especially with Cera's case as having them up like that is very tricky. You did a pretty good job with them though. Only thing I would say is to maybe try and show just a bit of the top part of the feet rounding off from the tip of the toes and such to give it some proper depth. It's sorta flat as they are right now. Still a great job though!

Hmm is that Littlefoot's mother up there also back from the dead looking for revenge?  :MomCompassion :MoEvil
[EDIT] Just noticed the part of its back missing so it does seem more likely now
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:22:57 PM by Flathead770 »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone!

The blood moon rises once again, be on your guard Link....er, Littlefoot?  :bestsharptooth

Yeah the blood moon was definitely from me playing Botw again recently, and now you're making me think about an LBT/Zelda crack crossover haha.  :lol

Only thing I would say is to maybe try and show just a bit of the top part of the feet rounding off from the tip of the toes and such to give it some proper depth. It's sorta flat as they are right now. Still a great job though!

Yeah I agree with that on Cera's feet, the more I look at them the more they bother me. :p But yeah, that's something to improve on next time.

Hmm is that Littlefoot's mother up there also back from the dead looking for revenge?  :MomCompassion :MoEvil

Maaaaybe.  :nyah

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
Oh dang!  :GuidoAAAAAHHHHHH

Now this is why spooky month is best month.

While I do agree that I get lazy and bored when the shading comes along, it helps the setting a lot.  So no worries!

The overall idea is genius. Bringing the most famous sharptooth of them all! Wonder if Frankenstein had something to do with this?  :thinking

I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

Very nice job! I can understand the feet issue, especially with Cera's case as having them up like that is very tricky. You did a pretty good job with them though. Only thing I would say is to maybe try and show just a bit of the top part of the feet rounding off from the tip of the toes and such to give it some proper depth. It's sorta flat as they are right now. Still a great job though!

[EDIT] Just noticed the part of its back missing so it does seem more likely now

OH MY GOSH! How did I not notice the missing chunk of back on that longneck earlier? Clever!!

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I'd also like to point out another detail.

The moon looks so insanely accurate. Very well done. You've even gotten that rabbit shape in there. (I see a rabbit, but other people say it looks like a face.... I donno)
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
It's fun seeing people spot some of the details. XD

I'd also like to point out another detail.

The moon looks so insanely accurate. Very well done. You've even gotten that rabbit shape in there. (I see a rabbit, but other people say it looks like a face.... I donno)

Ah, that was just a photoshop brush I used to make my life easier, so I can't really take credit for that. :p

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
ah yes, the wonders of cheating with digital art. No biggie.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Eehh I've put the digital art stuff to one side for now because reasons. I'm sitting on a computer all day at work and I don't really wanna be doing the same at home and as such digital art from me might suffer for a bit.

I have done a few sketches though. Whether or not they get coloured I don't know yet but I'll at least try and clean them up before uploading. I've also started designing a few more OCs. Most of them will probably be longnecks but here's a fast biter character that's one of the main protags in a fanfic I'm writing (again, whether that gets uploaded I'm not sure yet, I have no confidence when it comes to my writing lol). This is Snapper. It's not his real name but it's the nickname the leaf-eater protag gives him so that's what he's gonna be known as most of the time.

Snapper loses his family in the great earthshake but comes across an injured leaf-eater and decides to save her, hoping that in return she will protect him from larger predators that may seek him out while he's alone. He sniffs out green food and directs her away from predators to protect her until she recovers from her injuries. Together, they travel towards the Great Valley whilst looking for a new herd/pack to join, and have to try and tolerate each other's differences along the way. That's the basic dumb premise of the fanfic lol

I haven't drawn fast biters before so he looks a bit bleh. I especially hate them claws. And almost everything else. :lol Decided to torture myself by going for the feathered look because I think it looks cuter. I don't know what consistency is. Dunno if this is the final design but that's what concept drawings are for, right? Next up, hopefully the leaf-eater protag. (I'll give you a cookie if you can guess who it is, cause it's not an OC :p )

EDIT 29/10/21: Following some feedback, here's an updated version with some adjustment on the claws. Also attempted to shade in the feathers a bit. :p

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 04:41:43 PM by somerandomfangirl »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey looks good! I think I like how the claws look in the one where he's looking up at something. The one where they're on the ground flat look a little too flat maybe? Not sure how to fix it though  :PLoofah
The expressions all look great as well!

Next up, hopefully the leaf-eater protag. (I'll give you a cookie if you can guess who it is, cause it's not an OC :p )
Hmm a leaf eater out alone that can protect him against larger predators that's not an OC? Only one character can fit that role!
 :rhett_brag :rhett_brag :rhett_brag :rhett_grin :rhett_grin :rhett_grin :rhett_smile :rhett_smile :rhett_smile
Unfortunate though that the character is female, the one qualification that Rhett can't meet  :rhett_sad

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks again for the feedback, Flathead. :) Yeah the flat claws I might try fixing when I've got time over the weekend. I actually cannot draw hands for the life of me so I think that translated into claw problems.  :lol I'll probably have to do a couple of practice sheets for claws/hands to get back into it.

Haha Rhett might not be the one I had in mind, but he might pop into the story to save the day.  :rhett_brag

EDIT: I've had a go at adjusting the claws, updated version is with the original. :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 04:42:42 PM by somerandomfangirl »

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Feathers make anything cute!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I've attempted another fanfic-related character concept drawing. So without further ado, here's the leaf-eater protag- wait, that's not a leaf-eater...  :screechconfused

Another OC. This is Nina, a Spinosaurus. I did originally draw her and then colour in with pencils but... turns out, I'm not so good with coloured pencils.  :sducky So... digital art to the rescue I guess. Hence the paper background.

I dunno what to say about this one. It's a quick sketch that was quickly painted over. Still working on the claws thing but I'll get there eventually... I hope. :p She looks a bit on the chunky side as well, but... maybe she's just well fed on fish... or something else.  :evilsmile

So... Nina is part of a pretty diverse sharptooth pack led by a guy called Whiplash (you may or may not see him later, idk). She's the only Spino there and is one of the more recent additions, deciding to join after she lost her mate. She's a healer, so she's a pretty useful addition to the pack. Her size means she's feared a lot by the surrounding leaf-eater herds, but she survives on scavenging and fish, so she's not much of a threat to them unless she's really hungry.  :taunttroll

Yes I'm making her an outdated Spino. I prefer the look of the old Spinos, and let's face it, LBT isn't all about making the dinos scientifically accurate.  :lol I might change her to the newer version later on but... I might not. XD

Looks like I've been converted from longneck artist to sharptooth artist.  :bestsharptooth

I'm not gonna say what I'm probably posting next anymore, because I always end up drawing something else. XD Till next time! I feel like I'm getting into a drawing groove again now, so we'll see. (Now watch me post nothing for weeks.  :lol)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
yay, more sharpteeth!  :ChomperImAwesome

Looks very good! :D
Would like to see more!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey Spinosaurus are my favourite! The claws look pretty good as well!  :tauntclaw (I'm aware that this emote is supposed to be some sort of offensive/troll meaning, but I don't care  :taunttroll ) Great job with this one!  :chompysmile

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks both! Yeah I love a Spino as well.  :bestsharptooth I'm sure you'll see more soon enough.  :bronGoodJob

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
She looks pwitty! *boops*

I love seeing what other people come up with when it comes to new characters! Nice work!

I'm sorry, she deserves another boop, but hopefully she won't bite my finger this time.   :rhett_ohsnap

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I need to stop saying anything about when I'm planning to do the next arty thing. I've been bogged down with interview prep and stressing over quite a few things but I've got something for you now.

So on today's edition of 'SRFG takes her art VERY seriously'... Have my entry for the Alternate Universe prompt... The Rhettverse!

Honestly, I had no ideas for this one. I jokingly made a comment on discord about an AU where everyone was Rhett... and then it actually happened.  :rhett_ohno

I don't even know what to say. I'm gonna go sit in a dark corner for a while and think about what I've done. Couldn't be bothered for backgrounds but I had fun experimenting with the water stuff.

I might draw something more serious next time... but don't count on it.  :p

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
 :rhett_grin :rhett_brag Now this is masterpiece!  :rhett_smile :M'Rhett

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Good drawing, actually!

As I understand, it's Rhettverse version of the gang? I can clearly see Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike here. :D

Yeah, water is drawn very neat. And I like mountains and clouds at the background too!

*sitting in the corner, waiting for Bellyverse...*
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah this is perfect, truly the apex of art!  :RhettAli

Glad to see someone joining in on the Rhett fun. Once you start you can't stop though  :rhett_smile

I might draw something more serious next time... but don't count on it. 
Don't worry, I look forward to non-serious drawings haha

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile