The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Which voice for Cera do you prefer ? (redo)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
This is a redo of my Which voice for Cera do you prefer topic, but this time made it a poll.
Also this is the first poll I've ever made so forgive me if I've got some things wrong.
Anyway this is a topic for Cera fans such as myself, which voice for Cera do you like most, Candace Hutson (LBT 1 to 4) or Anndi McAfee? (LBT 5 right till the TV show)

Personally I've always preferred Candace Hutson, I think her voice for Cera suited her well and actually sounded like a tough little tomboyish girl.
Also I was surprised when I found out she came back for the first 3 sequels 6 years after the 1st film.

Anndi McAfee's Cera voice however I've never been too keen on...
Her voice for Cera sounds like a stereotypical moody teenager.
Also Anndi's Cera voice kinda down-graded Cera's cute factor for me....
I think they should have re-cast her after a while.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Andii Mcafee. She really manages to bring out Cera's stubbornness and moodiness well. Candice Huston was good, too, but she didn't really manage to do that, and some people feel Cera was "nicer" in the first three sequels.

In the original movie, she sounds a lot younger though, and almost sounds a little like Moaning Myrtle, lol!  :lol

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Something I like and find cute from when Candace Hutson did Cera's voice in the first 4 films that some of you may have noticed. Was her tendency to say "Hee" when she was happy.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I gotta go with Dalekdino here. Candace Hutson's voice sounds like a young tomboy, which is obviously what Cera is. I think Andi Mcafee would make a GREAT teen Cera, though.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Nov 5 2014 on  01:39 PM
I gotta go with Dalekdino here. Candace Hutson's voice sounds like a young tomboy, which is obviously what Cera is. I think Andi Mcafee would make a GREAT teen Cera, though.
Glad you agree with me there:)

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Nov 5 2014 on  07:41 AM
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Nov 5 2014 on  01:39 PM
Glad you agree with me there:)
To me, it just fits better. Cera was meant to be a young tomboy, and while Andi DOES have a tomboy quality to it, she sounded, like 15, or something. It just sounds off.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't really have a preference, personally. Sometimes I can't even tell a difference.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Nov 5 2014 on  01:53 PM
/QUOTE]
To me, it just fits better. Cera was meant to be a young tomboy, and while Andi DOES have a tomboy quality to it, she sounded, like 15, or something. It just sounds off.
Yes. I mean Andi's voice would have suited Cera if she was a teenage dino. But she isn't. That why Candace is more my cup of tea as she had a more little girl quailty to it. Even if she was in her early teens round the time she voiced Cera in the sqeuals. I also think Candy was better at Cera's screaming too.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess I might have stated my opinion on this matter in some other thread but not here so here we go:
I like both voices and I don't have a real preferance. While Candace's voice was cuter and more snappy, Anndi's voice was perfect for sarcastic comments (which is what I like most about Cera tbh ^^) and it indeed might have suited a Cera who's a few years older but I still like it. Each voice actor has some qualities that the others doesn't have but I can't say that either of them did a better job (or, in that regard, was just better suited). :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I like them both, although Andi's is the one I feel fits her more. Candice's Cera sounded a little like Moaning Myrtle in the original, and in 2-4 was more forgettable.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon (again),Nov 6 2014 on  01:21 AM
I like them both, although Andi's is the one I feel fits her more. Candice's Cera sounded a little like Moaning Myrtle in the original, and in 2-4 was more forgettable.
Moaning Myrtle...... No.. No no no. I have to disagree there... Candy Hutson a American kid actress at the time when LBT was made (Pre-teen in sequels) Sounding like a character played by a Scottish middle aged woman... No I don't hear a resembles. Also you've said this before when I first made this poll.

Also I think Andi was too old to do Cera in the first place... I think she was like well into her late teen when they made the 5th film.

If I were to make new LBT media. I'd get a new voice for Cera big time. Ducky too. Preferably KID actors.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I like both, so this was a hard decision.  I chose Anndi McAfee, simply because her singing voice was superb over Hutson.  Hutson had a very high voice, which you can that Cera was at a young age.  This was something I found to be be quite great to hear.  As she change actress, her mood would change, too, since she would be much older.  So, both actresses filled the spot as she progressed through life fairly well.  However, in terms of singing, definitely McAfee has more experience in that part, and pulled off the sing-a-longs so well.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
In terms of speaking; Candace Hutson and Anndi McAfee did a good job voicing Cera. However, in terms of singing; I always felt that Candace Hutson sang a bit off-key; but; that's just my opinion. She wasn't horrible; just not as good as Anndi McAfee was in my opinion.

:)  :p  :wave