The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Felidae

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
If this topic has already been made, sorry, I couldn't find another one anywhere here.

I watched quite a few scenes of this movie on youtube. Not the whole thing, I really don't want to. For several reasons, while this movie somewhat reminds me of the Warriors book series, which is a book series about feral cats and their clans, the Warriors books is very mild compared to this story. I never read the book, but I would like to one day, if there is an English translation of it.

My favorite characters would have to be Felicity, because she was pretty much the most sane character in the whole movie and Francis, because though he was being exposed to all of this drama in his new town, he's keeping his innocence, accept for that one mating scene with that strange, and um...seductive female cat, which I can't remember her name because it's so unusual.

In many scenes I had to cover my eyes or skip it, because man, the gore was just WAY too much for me. The thing is I knew what I was expecting with Felidae, due to seeing some music videos that happened to have this animated film in it. And I remember Francis fighting with some cat, I don't know his name.

Still I like the plot, the intensity of everything, the mystery, and the complexity. This is a good movie, it definitely strays away from the mainstream, "Cutesy Animal" movies that I'm used to, but then again, it was too much as well.

So I guess I can't make a fair review, due to the fact I didn't actually see the whole thing. But from most of the stuff I have been seeing, it's good!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yes, this is a grusome story for animation, but you couldn't get away with this story in real life. :p  I watched the whole thing and I was entranced, and I actually guessed the wrong killer.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I was pretty surprised with the movie too. I'm rewatching it so I can understand the plot a little bit easier, but a lot of it alarmed me a lot. The sex scene, Felicity's death (that was HIGHLY alarming to me), one of those pictures in the house :blink: . Now, what I find funny, is that Medel worked with beans, not cats. BEANS I TELL YOU  :wow  !

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@Ptyra, yeah I remember reading about Medel and his bean experiments. I guess it really pains me to see these cats die, because I feel as though my family is getting killed. I feel apart of the Felidae. xD

@Petrie: True, I mean I thought this was even more gory then Sweeny Todd. :blink: And that was a live action film! I only saw 3 minutes of it though, but I saw the part when Johnny Depp was slicing someone's throat and throwing the bodies away.

Guessed the wrong killer eh? Hmm...I need to watch it completely and see who it is...since I don't know...

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
There is an english translation of the first Felidae book. I think there is a translation for the second Felidae book as well, where Francis meets a group of cats that are all blind, I believe. There was..I think 5 Felidae books altogether, but I can't remember for sure.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, thanks, I'd like to look them up one day. :) As well as the Jungle Book...that's been on my mind lately too...

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Well if I give it away who I thought it was, then Rat-lady will figure out who it is since she hasn't seen the film.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually, you know what, go ahead and say who was the killer.

I don't think I'm going back to watch that movie again...funny I did indeed like it...but my lord it took days for me to detach myself from all of those scenes. :wacko:

Or maybe I'll just read about it on wikipedia.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
*Wiggles on into the topic*

I have such a lovehate relationship with this movie! I love it for all the cats and the mystery, but hate it for all the death ans gore!
My faveorite character ended up being the killer  :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Sometimes that happens...villans do have their followings too.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Zenoah,Jan 9 2009 on  05:06 PM
*Wiggles on into the topic*

I have such a lovehate relationship with this movie! I love it for all the cats and the mystery, but hate it for all the death ans gore!
My faveorite character ended up being the killer  :lol
Same here, except for my favorite character(s) were Felicity and Francis.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile