The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Movie Cliches

812558 · 28 · 2772

• Spike
    • View Profile
In almost every single movie that i have seen they have used these such as all automatic pistols must be held sideways in order to be fired, or if anything hits anything, even wood to wood, it will explode without reason. so what are some that you have herd of or seen

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
All I can think of right now, cars always explode when they go off a cliff or into the air, even for no reason, while in the mid air at times.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
In many movies villain will almost always say "You fool!" to the hero at some point. Particulary in fantasy movies. Does this counts?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

• Spike
    • View Profile
yep

just thought of another one
in every movie when the hero is packing a pump action shotgun it gets to a point where he aims point blank at someone's head "cocks it" and blows his head off, which means that he had been threatening people with an unloaded gun :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Someone says, "I'll be right back." and you never see them again.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Never say "How can things get any worse". They will.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
bad guy will monologue , instead of finisghing the hero off...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bad guy will shoot hero and think he's dead when hero's wearing a bulletproof vest.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh, lets follow the trail of blood down into the dark celler!

or some variation of that stupid idea

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
bad guy will monologue , instead of finisghing the hero off...
Don't you just love that :lol:

I like how when the hero is getting strangled or whatever by the villain, and is about to die, they'll always be some kind of object placed conveniently next to him to save himself with.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Instead of finishing off the hero, the bad guys will tie him and toss him into some empty room then leave, often without leaving guard, and there nearly always is something sharp, broken bit of glass, ect so the hero can free themselves.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bond clixches were paradoied in the Austin POwers series. "wewhat , are you feeding him, why don't you just kill him?
_
Begin the Unnecessarily Slow Dipping mechanism!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Any horror movie the monster is always behind you.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Apr 6 2009 on  12:38 AM
Bond clixches were paradoied in the Austin POwers series. "wewhat , are you feeding him, why don't you just kill him?
_
Begin the Unnecessarily Slow Dipping mechanism!
Bingo!
Why don't they set a bullet in him on sight, when they are the only one who can freaking aim properly!?
Bad guy's henchmen are always bad at aiming!  :lol

Here's a big cliche!

Star Wars
Star Trek
Star Gate
Star...
blah blah
any science fiction space movie in general: (nothing against it)

-Explosion in space, and you can hear them!-
Yeeeaaaahhh....  :rolleyes:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I recommend you to watch "Firefly" series then. They have no sounds in the void of space (you can only hear nice music playing as a background) and this is not the only good point about this series.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Myrkin,Apr 6 2009 on  10:18 AM
I recommend you to watch "Firefly" series then. They have no sounds in the void of space (you can only hear nice music playing as a background) and this is not the only good point about this series.
How was it now...
"In space... No one can hear you scream..."  :smile
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And "On earth it doesnt matter"? :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Things fall off a roof and whole house is destroyed, one day later everything is restored again (spiderwick chronicles)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In a lot of science fiction movies ships in space, especially small fighters can move around like they are fighter aircraft in an atmosphere like earth's air, someone already mentioned the sound in space above, I thought I'd add in this as well.    Some may not know what I mean, but with my admittedly very limited knowledge of science & physics, it should not be possible to dodge & move around like in an atmosphere since the wings of a ship have nothing to push against or move against.  

I've only seen a few shows like b5 that did this better where the fighers had small jets it could use to reposition themselves, so with those they could move around like f-16 (in an atmosphere) and such while in a vacuum.