The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kung Fu Panda Sequel Announced

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=46350

Check it.

Sounds awsome to me.

While it probably won't be as good as the original (as how most sequels are); the first movie was good enough for the second one to hopefully be great as well.

Release Date: June 3rd, 2011

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Whilst Kung Fu Panda was viewable.  It wasn't as good as other films that Dreamworks had and has produced.  Differing opinion but I felt that it wasn't as good as it could have been.  However, who knows perhaps this sequel will be better than the original.  

Hopefully it will explain why exaclty Po is a panda when his 'father' is a goose...

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I thought Kung Fu Panda was an outstanding movie.

It had:

*A great plot
*Excellent characters and actors
*Visuals that challenge Pixar's movies
*Imressive sense of humor
*Awsome fight scenes
*The producers put a lot of research into this film
*For the first time in a while, a movie antagonist that the audience can acually feel sorta sorry for

So, my expectations for the sequel are high.

Things I think we may be in for:

*They mentioned the cast that played Po, Shifu, and the Furious Five are returning, but what about Tai Lung? Will he come back too?
*Will Mei Ling (a vital character in Crane's backstory from Secrets of the Furious Five) be in this movie?
*How does this new villian use this mysterious new weapon. Threaten the existance of kung fu? Can't wait to see how that works.
*Apparently Po's past will be further explained.
*More lines and plot involvement with Monkey, Crane, Viper, and Mantis.
*What new characters can we expect (along with actors)?

Can't wait. Skadoosh.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Whilst Kung FU Panda wasn't my favourite Dreamworks flick, I still enjoyed it for what it was. I think the cast chosen to voice the characters was spot on and it looks like they're down for this next one too. As long as they keep up the humour and don't make it corny, I think it would be another title I'd go and see ;)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I liked the movie.  It was pretty funny.  But 2011?  That's a long time to wait.  I'm not gonna hold by breath.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Oh HELL no! I hated the original! This crap gets sequels, but Titan A.E> flops in the theaters?!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think they'll start building on the relationship betwen Po and Tigress. Of the Five, shes the only one who still doesn't like him that much by the end of the film..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Of the Five, shes the only one who still doesn't like him that much by the end of the film..

I don't think that's exactly correct.  Tigress is a dynamic and complex character.  I don't think she really "likes" anyone.  She respects Po just as she respects Master Shifu.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
She does get the most screentime of the Five, but they really don't go into detail about her past apart from the brief scenes of her youth.. and I did get the feeling the others Crane, Viper mantis etc, they all eventually grew to like him.. Tigress didn't...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Spartanguy88,Jun 17 2009 on  07:45 PM
*How does this new villian use this mysterious new weapon. Threaten the existance of kung fu? Can't wait to see how that works.
Some fraction, that uses different fighting style perhaps? :)
I liked the original movie, so i'll probably watch sequel too.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I actually first saw the original yesterday on HBO, never thought it would be worth watching.  Although I wouldn't really call it great it did beat my expectations so I think I'll look out for the sequel, two years is a long way off though.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I liked the original, but I'm surprised that there would be the chance of a sequel.  The idea of this secret weapon (sounds like a superweapon) doesn't really get my goat, unless, as Coyote mentioned, it's a fighting style from another country.  But's how low my standards for movies are... :rolleyes

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
they had mentioned possibly having a total of 6(!) Kung Fu Panda films.. Lets just hope the franchise doesn't run out of steam like the Shrek films did..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
6 movies!?  That's pushing it.  The original was good enough to have a sequel....but not 5. :blink:

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jun 17 2009 on  03:54 PM
She does get the most screentime of the Five, but they really don't go into detail about her past apart from the brief scenes of her youth.. and I did get the feeling the others Crane, Viper mantis etc, they all eventually grew to like him.. Tigress didn't...
Actually, in the Secrets of the Furious Five DVD, it explains that Tigress was actually an orphan who was adopted by Shifu.

EDIT: Yeah, I kinda think that a movie like KFP deserves at least one or two sequels, but nothing more than that.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah after 3, they usually stop or run out of ideas.. I'm pulling for a Tigress-po relationship. Hey if they can have a duck be his dad, they certainly can hsave bear-tiger cubs..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: