The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Something very wrong at my site!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi guys!  I recently went to my site, http://www.landbeforetimewd.co.cc to do some updating on it.  When I got there, it showed nothing but a bunch of jumbled text.  When I usually see this at other sites, I just refresh and the problem is fixed.  However, no matter how many times I refreshed, it stayed as that jumbled up text.

Do you guys see the same thing?  and if so, any idea as to what's going on?  If it is what I think it is, I'm going to need some serious help on it.  An all out web-wide amount of help if it's the case.  I seriously hope it's not the case.

So seriously, what's going on here?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

tossu

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I see random ASCII chars too, but I also found this thread: http://byet.net/showthread.php?t=13119

Code:  on  

tossu@linux:~>wget -q http://www.landbeforetimewd.co.cc
tossu@linux:~>file index.html
index.html: PHP script Zend Optimizer data

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
IE8 and Firefox loaded the site just fine.

What browser did you use to open, though?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Oct 21 2009 on  09:08 AM
IE8 and Firefox loaded the site just fine.

What browser did you use to open, though?
I'm hooked on Firefox and use that browser to go to ANY website out there.

I'll be trying other browsers right now.  We'll see what the results are. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Still the same jumbled mess. :(

However, what I can't figure out is why some would see it normally while others would see the corrupted data. <_<

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay guys, I've been looking at a few files and I think I know which ones are corrupted.  Luckily for me, I did take the priority of backing up before this incident occurred.  I'm going to take off those ones that I believe are corrupted and put the back-ups on to there in the hopes that it will fix it.

If worse comes to worse, however, I may have to start over.  This would be a serious thing, except for the fact that I have taken the liberty of backing up the .html files of my site.  If it does come to worse, I'll be able to put them onto a new directory.  A new directory though would mean a brand new site name.

So, if it does happen, I'll make sure to give it it's official .com/.net/.org name, and that will be it from then on out.

Hopefully, it won't have to come to that. -_-

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Opera seems to load it fine but there's this chat box which throws the alignment off on every page.  I'm sure that's not intentional but its there.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, looks like the problem has been fixed.  Turns out there was a problem at the website provider's server.  This can happen and I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Still, it's fixed now and should work normally.

Opera seems to load it fine but there's this chat box which throws the alignment off on every page. I'm sure that's not intentional but its there.

That comment box is actually normal to see.  I carefully integrated it into the site's template and so that people could comment on my site from wherever they are on the site itself.

I could change the size of the template limit if you feel it is a problem.  It'll be rather quick and easy for me.

So yeah, it is intentional, but it's a great way for me to get comments now. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It looks wonderful. :lol Great job.

If I were to guess I'd say this is on your webhost's end, not something you've done.  This is not a simple error here that could be caused by errors in HTML, CSS, or Javascript.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I can see where it would be a problem, Petrie. -_-

Don't worry, I can make the change easily. ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, after some experimenting in other places, I have officially left the comment box at the bottom of the webpage's template.

How does it look now? :)