The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

BabidiKrakenGuard's Piccy's

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Whoa! :blink: I don’t think I saw that picture of the Horned King before. It’s REALLY good! :wow Did you use a picture of him in that pose as a reference, or did you draw it from scratch?

The little Horned King icons are pretty good, too (Even the glowing name looks good). I LOVE the facepalm one. :lol :lol :lol And you did a great job drawing him on the throne. :yes

I’m guessing Horned King emoticons aren’t likely to catch on :p (unfortunately to say), but if you posted the icons individually, perhaps we could use them to punctuate our Horned King captions. :idea Especially the facepalm. :lol

I’m not familiar with Jolly Roger, so I can’t offer much critique on that one. :oops

I’d love to see a Davy Jones icon, though I imagine it’ll be pretty hard to do all those tentacles. :unsure:

P.S. Personally, I think the little face emoticons would be even better if you added horns to them . :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Whoa! :blink: I don’t think I saw that picture of the Horned King before. It’s REALLY good! :wow Did you use a picture of him in that pose as a reference, or did you draw it from scratch?

Thanks! :) Yep, i had to look at one of my screenshots to get the pose. Here is the picture

The little Horned King icons are pretty good, too (Even the glowing name looks good). I LOVE the facepalm one. :lol :lol :lol And you did a great job drawing him on the throne. :yes
I was actually pretty surprised how the glowing name turned out, i didn't think it would turn out like that :D And the throne one was also made while looking at a refrence picture. This one..

I’m guessing Horned King emoticons aren’t likely to catch on :p (unfortunately to say), but if you posted the icons individually, perhaps we could use them to punctuate our Horned King captions. :idea Especially the facepalm. :lol
I actually did make them all individual icons, but im still making more. I should try and make some based on Creeper because the Horned King needs something to strangle, right? :crazy  

I’m not familiar with Jolly Roger, so I can’t offer much critique on that one. :oops

I’d love to see a Davy Jones icon, though I imagine it’ll be pretty hard to do all those tentacles. :unsure:
No worries about Jolly Roger :) Yeah, Davy Jones would be pretty hard, what with all the tentacles.. Plus i would probably try and make more then one.  :oops

P.S. Personally, I think the little face emoticons would be even better if you added horns to them . :)
Yeah, that was bugging me too. I actually made those for Copy and Paste purposes. I might turn them into emots with the horns included because hey, the Horned King wouldn't be called the Horned King without the horns, right?  :smile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Jul 22 2010 on  07:03 PM
Yep, i had to look at one of my screenshots to get the pose. Here is the picture
Wow. Considering how blurry he looks in the picture, you did an amazing job on the detail!

And the throne one was also made while looking at a refrence picture. This one..
Hmm…looks like the icon's elbow isn't quite on the arm of the throne as it is in the picture, and the throne itself doesn’t look quite as “decayed”, but still, you did a great job artistically translating the picture into the icon. :yes I forgot to mention; I really like how you included the hanging…stuff (not sure what exactly it is :confused) on the unbroken “horn of the throne”. You should try doing another version of the throne with more grime on it. :)

I should try and make some based on Creeper because the Horned King needs something to strangle, right? :crazy
:spit :spit :spit

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow. Considering how blurry he looks in the picture, you did an amazing job on the detail!
That's weird, wasn't that blurry when i looked at it! Ah well..  :blink:

Hmm…looks like the icon's elbow isn't quite on the arm of the throne as it is in the picture, and the throne itself doesn’t look quite as “decayed”, but still, you did a great job artistically translating the picture into the icon. :yes
Oh Ratigan! Your right about the elbow..  :blink:  And yeah, i was planning on adding more detail to the throne. HoKi, be careful having your elbow that close to the ledge!

I forgot to mention; I really like how you included the hanging…stuff (not sure what exactly it is :confused) on the unbroken “horn of the throne”. You should try doing another version of the throne with more grime on it. :)
Good, im not the only one who is really confused as to what that hanging stuff is! Shreaded cloth? Cobwebs? Moss? Decorations from last christmas?( :nyah ) Ah well.. :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Jul 22 2010 on  08:12 PM
Well, maybe “blurry” wasn’t the best word. :unsure: It’s more that he's in the shadows, so his features are indistinct, and the outlines are hard to see.

Good, im not the only one who is really confused as to what that hanging stuff is! Shreaded cloth? Cobwebs? Moss? Decorations from last christmas?( :nyah ) Ah well.. :D
:lol

Whatever they are, they give the throne the impression that it’s rotting, which suits the Horned King very well. You did a good job capturing that with the hanging gunk on the throne icon, and I’d like to see more of that. :yes

By the way, this thought just occurred to me: when you made the throne icon, did you first draw a complete throne, and then put the Horned King in it, or did you draw them both together? (If you have an icon of the throne without the Horned King, I’d like to see that, too.)

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jul 22 2010 on  09:11 PM
Well, maybe “blurry” wasn’t the best word. :unsure: It’s more that he's in the shadows, so his features are indistinct, and the outlines are hard to see.

:lol

Whatever they are, they give the throne the impression that it’s rotting, which suits the Horned King very well. You did a good job capturing that with the hanging gunk on the throne icon, and I’d like to see more of that. :yes

By the way, this thought just occurred to me: when you made the throne icon, did you first draw a complete throne, and then put the Horned King in it, or did you draw them both together? (If you have an icon of the throne without the Horned King, I’d like to see that, too.)
Alas, i actually drew both the Horned King and the throne at the same time. I might try and do a version of the throne without the Horned King sitting on it (As usual, Copy and Paste, then edit it a bit) but it will be tricky..  :p Actually working on one now that you mentioned it :D

How do i know your not planning on stealing the throne?  :smile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Jul 22 2010 on  09:33 PM
How do i know your not planning on stealing the throne?  :smile
I can give you four good reasons to trust me: :angel

#1: I swear by my sideburns that I will not steal the throne. -_- (I've decided that that's going to be my standard oath from now on. :lol Long story as to where I got it from; see the end of this post. Here's
Here's the post I first used it in.)

#2: I hate plagiarism. It would be against my morals to take it without your permission (not to mention the Horned King's). ;)

#3: It looks uncomfortable. No upholstery whatsoever. I wouldn't want to sit in it. :p

#4: Even if I wanted to take it, and did take it, I'd have nowhere to put it. My room's too cluttered. :P:

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
:lol  :lol good point.. Now i want to see what the side-burns look like!  :lol

I finished the Horned-King-Less Throne, unfortunately it turned out a bit bland.. :(

Yep, same picture, except i added a few more icons, including the empty throne. Also, please ignore that strange unusual black smear at the top. Im honestly not sure why thats there or how it got there.

Unfortunately, i did lousy on the empty throne. I was not sure what to add so i decided on more of that hanging stuff because i tried the bricky look and it just didn't look good.. Dont worry, i'll tweak it sooner or later..

Four more with him sitting on his throne, with both hands on the arm of the throne and one where he's actually holding the glass of wine (Please dont break it, darn thing cost alot!)

And feeling random, i decided to do one where he's actually sleeping.. Doesn't he look so peaceful and cuddly when he's asleep?

Boy, he kinda looks a little depressed in the one icon, doesn't he?  :unsure: Heard to many Bacon and Ham jokes? Bad luck getting a date? No Creeper to strangle? Still bummed out about the Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour getting closed? Being in a movie that's not really that populer? Not getting the chance to sign autographs for being to scary looking? Not appearing in Kingdom Hearts yet? Sure hope it isn't all of the above. He'd pop!  :unsure: Hopefully he's just tuckered out and leads to the next icon..

EDIT: He drank to much wine.. :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry about the delay in responding. :oops

Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Jul 22 2010 on  10:38 PM
:lol :lol good point.. Now i want to see what the side-burns look like! :lol
Imagine the horns of a cape buffalo or musk ox, but made of brown hair, growing from the sides of my head an inch or so in front of my ears. That's pretty much what my “bullhorn sideburns” look like at their best. :p Depending on how clean or well groomed my hair is, they may be droopy, frayed, lopsided, more or less curly, or loosely compacted (such that they look more like curled tufts than horns). I also get them cut occasionally (usually when they become long enough to meet when pulled forward); at the moment, they're a little more than five inches long when stretched out.

Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Jul 22 2010 on  10:38 PM
I finished the Horned-King-Less Throne, unfortunately it turned out a bit bland.. :(
Yeah, admittedly it is a little two-dimensional (it’s kind of hard to tell that it's a throne, even), but it's not easy to add depth to an icon without a lot of shading.

And you’re right; how do you draw the throne when you don’t know what it looks like without the Horned King in it? The hanging stuff does look a little spiky; if you were to keep it, perhaps you could give it no outlines, instead just making it a different color from the rest of the throne.

Perhaps the throne could be carved to resemble a skull (since the throne is already decorated with “horns”), even something as simple as eye sockets at the back; maybe teeth and a nose opening on the front.

It should be consolation to you that even if the throne didn’t turn out wonderfully, I really like the new Horned King icons. :yes In the first two it looks a lot more like he’s using the side of the throne to support his arms (compared to the previous throne icons I commented on). And I love the one in which he’s bored or tired looking, and the one where he’s asleep. :lol Personally, though, I think that his cape should either be covering his shoulder, or contacting his arm higher up, closer to his collar. (At the moment the cape appears to go underneath his arm, which would be impossible because it would mean that the arm of his robe goes through a hole in the cape.) Also, if his body is turned far enough to the left that his cape is visible, then perhaps his right leg should be moved to the left as well.

Hey, I just realized: in the icons of the Horned King on the throne, isn’t he missing that little gold brooch on his collar? :blink:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I don't know much about the Horned King, I may have seen more of him due to the captions in the Party Room section. Still, I began looking at your images and I laughed when I saw him facepalm :smile .
 They look like sprites for a game.
 Keep it up!

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
More icons! And yeah, i noticed that too.. :| Luckily i fixed! :) Unfortunately the throne has not been touched yet.. :|

The two newer ones should be easy to find. It was actually from some dream i had, and.. Well, simple as that: Balloons + Horned Kings = Bad idea!

Might try going for a Mickey Mouse shaped Balloon.. But in the mean time i stuck him with a simple blue balloon.. Blue? Why not Red or Green?  :blink:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I saw the balloon icons, or this would've happened: :spit.

Poor Horned King. He looked cute holding that balloon. :DD

Wow…so many new icons! :wow You could almost put together an animation sequence! I love the ones in which he has his hands clasped together; he looks like quite the scheming villain. :smile

And the new facepalming icon may be even funnier than the first! :lol I'm not sure why, but somehow I think he looks even more hilariously exasperated while seated on the throne. I can imagine that he's just received news that one or more of his minions has done something royally stupid (or seen it firsthand): :lol

Creeper (riding the Black Cauldron down a staircase): “Yeeeee-haaaaa!!!!!”

Horned King: “I’m surrounded by idiots…”

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Aug 1 2010 on  03:39 AM
It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I saw the balloon icons, or this would've happened: :spit.

Poor Horned King. He looked cute holding that balloon. :DD

Wow…so many new icons! :wow You could almost put together an animation sequence! I love the ones in which he has his hands clasped together; he looks like quite the scheming villain. :smile

And the new facepalming icon may be even funnier than the first! :lol I'm not sure why, but somehow I think he looks even more hilariously exasperated while seated on the throne. I can imagine that he's just received news that one or more of his minions has done something royally stupid (or seen it firsthand): :lol

Creeper (riding the Black Cauldron down a staircase): “Yeeeee-haaaaa!!!!!”

Horned King: “I’m surrounded by idiots…”
I know, doesn't he just look hug-able with the balloon?  :DD

I might try the animation sequence but im afraid i dont even know where to begin. Could always make a comic that consists entirely of little pixellies like those.. :D

Being sick (once again!) makes you feel like wanting to do something but not being sure exactly what it is you want to do. So i finally decided to do something, and look at some of the other HoKi Icons i cooked up!

Yeah, just three.. What is with the Horned King in the red armor with the green lights and wings?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is called a Dragoon. What is a Dragoon? It all began when i got this four-disk game for the Playstation(1) called 'Legends of Dragoon'. The Battle System is very similer to the Battle System in Final Fantasy except you have the ability to perform additions (You have to push the X button at the right time. Sometimes Circle if the enemy tries to counter attack.) and later on in the first disk/early on in the game, you gain the ability to transform into a Dragoon, a Dragon-Knight! There are eight Dragoon Spirits all together, but your only able to hold seven. I wont say why as it's the whole spoilers thing..

Anyways, each Dragoon has a different color/element like Red/Fire, Blue/Water, Green/Wind, Brown/Earth, Dark Blue/Darkness, Yellow/Light and Purple/Thunder. And they all have their own set of magic abilities (Four) with which, some of said magical abilities has some very familier sounding names (The Blue/Water Dragoon has a spell called Diamond Dust.. Final Fantasy fans should know that as the attack Shiva uses.)

The Horned King Dragoon is actually part of an idea for a Kingdom Hearts or an insanely huge crossover fanfic that i'll probably never write. Even came up with his own hybred-element and magic abilities!
Such as..

Element(Hybred)
Fire/Darkness = Hellfire? Shouldn't that be saved for Frollo?
Magic Abilities:
Vampire Fang = Absorbes Enemy Hit-Points.
Dark Regan = Restores Health but makes the user slower for 3 turns.
Black Cauldron = Need i say more? It's his strongest attack! But then, there's the Dragon..

For each Dragoon, their final ability that they gain is the ability to summon a Dragon. The Horned King's Dragon is the Blood-Eyed Dragon, Hades.. Probably thinking of Hercules, am i right? Actually, there's a bit of a long story about that one..

I was browsing YouTube for some more videos of The Black Cauldron and for some very strange unknown reason, one of the results was a video from Final Fantasy 7 featuring all the summonable critters.. And so, i decided to watch the video and one of the summonable critters was called Hades and guess what the attack was called? Black Cauldron! Also, Hades looked more like the Horned King in FF7, except he was missing the horns..

But enough about Abilities or Dragons, im very proud on how HoKi-Dragoon turned out but at the same time kinda disappointed.. Dragoon armor has alot of detail, and i mean alot! So compare the pixellies to a picture that's almost as big as the computer screen. Yup.. I really like how the wings turned out! But for the rest of the armor? Eh.. Im used to drawing things wearing robes!

And now, moving onto the next icons, we just have our normal looking Horned King.. Except Re-Colored! Apparently the not well known pairing of Maleficent and the Horned King must be canon as they clearly had a kid who looks like the dad but is colored like mom. They named him Phantom..

I had read about these games called 'Mickey Mouse and the Trilogy of Illusion' and decided to watch some 'let's play' videos on YouTube.. When i got to the final episode for Land of Illusion.. Long story short.. "Hey! That's the Horned King! Just.. Re-Colored.."

Blah! Post has gone on long enough.. Sorry..  :blink:

P.S: Did you know, Legends of Dragoon was where i got the name 'Pino' from as well? Yep! It's my little blue Spinosaur in my Land Before Time Fanfic 'Journey to the Island'! (Dont worry, i'll come up with more chapters eventually.. Im not going to give up!)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah, I prefer the Horned King in his regular kingly garb. :p Good job on the icon, though, especially the shading on the wings, and the detail on the…uh…the thingies that support the wings. :yes

The Phantom looks great, too. :yes He’s somehow more deathly and ghostly looking than the regular Horned King, with the pale coloration and green eyes. I also like how you did two different versions of him: one with the same antlery horns the Horned King has, and the other with smooth, unbranched horns like the game icon.

Your discussion of the Phantom’s parentage has me imagining him having a conversation with the Horned King: :lol

Phantom: “Come on, Dad, let me borrow the Cauldron, just for a day!”

Horned King: “Sorry, son, but the answer is still no. You’ll just go and summon a gang of irresponsible undead and go terrorizing the nearby villages and drinking at the pub!”

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Another HoKi face-palming Icon. Should be somewhat easy to find. Right next to the other face-palming one.

Where in the mysterious beyond did the Dragoon HoKi go?  :blink: I decided to take the picture out but i still have it saved on the computer. Yeah, the Dragoon? Really hoping to try a Davy Jones and Gothmog version..

Also, decided to try someone other then the Horned King. Yup, copy and paste strikes again! Except the only thing i copied was the horns, face and arms..

Say hello to Maleficent!  :smile

You have no idea how bad i am at doing characters with a more human face. I am proud!  :idea

The Horns ~ I Copied the ones that the Phantom had.. The one without the extra sharp pointies.

The Face ~ Can you believe that the face used to be the same as the Horned King's? Even the shape of the eyes are the same! Well, both were tweaked to have the more Maleficent shape to them and the eyes were obviously re-colored. Dont worry, it was already more Maleficent-looking when i begin with the make-up.. Highly doubt the Horned King would really appreciated me putting make-up on him..  :blink: and im really surprised with the nose and mouth!  :DD

The Arms ~ Once again, i copied and pasted the ones that the Horned King had. Made the hands a bit smaller and the sleevy thingies a bit longer.

The rest? Made from scratch!  :smile Dont worry, i'll give her the staff sooner or later..  :wow Same goes for(Hopefully!) Diablo.

Why no Creeper yet? Doing my best! Trying to see if i can get just the right size for him because i dont want him too big or too small.. That is where the problem for Diablo the Raven comes in..  :crazy

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Aug 19 2010 on  12:44 PM
Another HoKi face-palming Icon. Should be somewhat easy to find. Right next to the other face-palming one.
I actually had trouble finding it until I realized that it had been inserted into the middle of the other icons, rather than placed at the end of a row as usual. :oops To be honest, I think the two facepalm icons would look better if they were farther apart (for example, the new one being placed at the beginning of the third row, or at the end of the second row just before the balloon one). When they're right next to each other, the viewer's attention becomes focused on the fact that they appear to be the same image flip-flopped, rather than first noticing the facepalm.

By the way, I did notice that the new facepalm icon isn't a flipped version of the first; he's still facepalming with the same hand, and his other arm is less visible from the new angle. I prefer the original, though, just because I think the facepalm looks better with his body facing in that direction in relation to the position of his arms.

I've never seen Sleeping Beauty, but I know enough about what Maleficent looks like to say that I think you did an excellent job. :yes The face is very well done, and the detail on the eyes is especially impressive. :wow Are you planning to make more icons of her?

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You haven't seen Sleeping Beauty!?  :blink: Yet you still know what she looks like..  :smile

Yeah, good point about the face-palming one.. One of the other reasons why i put it there was because it wasn't really anything to get hyped up for to be honest..  :crazy

As for Maleficent? Yupperoo  :DD

Yeah, i noticed her lack of staff and it was really bugging me so i had to scoot over and do a few icons. While i was at it, i decided to see just how lousy i would be with Diablo and you know what? He actually turned out better then i thought!  :smile Still, Creeper is going to be very difficult..  :crazy

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Aug 20 2010 on  08:35 AM
You haven't seen Sleeping Beauty!?
Yeah, I'm very poorly versed in movies compared with most people. :oops There's a lot of popular, classic, and generally well-known ones I haven't seen.

The GOF wallpaper is so dark that it's a little hard to see all of Maleficent's details, but the icons look very good. :yes

Do you think her left sleeve in the icons where she's holding the staff droops down a little too far? The distance between her forearm and the bottom of the sleeve should probably be closer to that of her other arm and sleeve.

Also, I think her hand should be behind the staff; otherwise she'd have to be twisting it 180? so that her palm faces backwards and her thumb downwards; not the best way to hold a staff.

Diablo looks really cute on Maleficent's shoulder (I love ravens :DD). Were you going to make any icons of him alone? :)

The little emoticons look great! :D I'm having a little trouble telling what all of Maleficent's emotions are supposed to be, though; :oops I don't suppose you could provide a guide to them, like what you did with the Horned King? I'm actually having an easier time recognizing Diablo's emoticons: :p from left to right, top to bottom, I'm assuming they're Normal, Angry, Happy, Surprised, and Not Amused. :lol

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, i kinda noticed that too with the staff.. Doesn't really look comfortable. :unsure:  (Same goes for the Horned King with the balloo, i noticed :blink:)

You got the emots correct for Diablo (Normal, Angry, Happy, Surprised, and Not Amused) As for the Maleficent ones? From left to right, top to Bottom:

1. Normal |   2. Surprised  |  3. Sleeping
--------------------------------------------
4. ^_^   |     5. Eyes Narrowed |    6. O_o
7. Raising Eyebrow  |   8. Glowing Eyes of Doom!
9. Not Amused (-_-)|    10. Worried

Yeah, they are a bit difficult..  :unsure: As for the sleeve? Your right! I might try and tweak that..  :blink:

As for Diablo just by himself? Well, he turned out better then i thought so i might give him a try. :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Whoa, I didn't even look at the way the Horned King is holding the balloon. :blink: It'd be easy to fix, though. His fingers would be wrapped completely around the balloon string, forming a fist. All you'd need to do is add some lines on his hand to show that his fingers are in front of the string.

And don't worry about the emoticons; it's just that the details are a little hard to see since they're so small, and I'm clueless about what some of expressions are supposed to represent. :p