The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pterano's Metamorphosis

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
As promised, here's chap-I mean part one. I'm not sure how many parts this short story will be. I think 5, 6, 7? Eh I'm not sure. But I can tell ya this. This short story is gonna be one heck of a short story.  :p And also to clear the confusion, this takes place between LBT7 and Lost in a PINGAS-I mean Forest.  :lol  :p

---------------------------------------------------------------

Part One: A Real Goodbye

Petrie's point of view

"I'll be fine."

My Uncle's words went through my mind like a giant waterfall. Just this evening, he was banished to the Mysterious Beyond until, in Littlefoot's grandpa's words, "five of the cold times have passed". I was scared because I knew the Mysterious Beyond was a dangerous place and I wasn't sure if Pterano was gonna survive that long all alone. Sure he did an awful lot of bad things, but he's still my uncle and I believe that he can learn from his mistakes and change for the better.

As I looked up at the stars that night, I prayed to the Heavens that my uncle would be alright. I don't know how many tears poured down my face. I was so miserable. I tried to hold it in because I didn't want to worry too much, but it happened anyway. So here I was, crying myself to a sleep.

I don't know how long I slept, but the stars were still out by the time I woke up. I was facing the wall and I heard a pair of flyer feet land behind me. At first I thought it was Mama just hitting the sack. But I knew she'd be asleep by now. So I turned around and joy overfilled me. "U-Uncle?"

"Hello Petrie," he spoke in that unforgettable British accent that I find amazingly relaxing. "Didn't think I'd leave without a proper goodbye, now did you?"

I didn't hesitate any longer as I attacked my uncle with a hug around the neck. "Oh Uncle..." I muttered happily, nuzzling his neck as I felt his strong arms wrap around me. "Me so glad you came!"

"Me too, Petrie, me too." We stayed like this for what seemed like hours. I listened to his heartbeat and he stroked my small back gently with his claws.

"Still sad that I'll be gone?" he broke the silence.

"Yes but me know you be okay." Okay that was a bit of a lie there. I was still worried for him and he seemed just as scared as I was.

He let out a deep sigh. "I will...I will." he sat and leaned against the wall, still keeping me in his embrace. I nuzzled him gently since I knew this was going to be my last night with him. It was then that I remembered hearing what Mama had told me a few nights before. "You see, dear. Your uncle's been through so many rough times as a child. Our father, your grandfather was not as good as a flyer as he said he was. He abused me as a child, but he did even worse to your uncle, especially if he shows the slightest sign of 'imperfection', as he called it." Those were her exact words that still ran through my brain.

I nuzzled him again, whispering these word: "You always be perfect to me, Uncle...no matter where you go."

I felt his arms squeeze around me and I could have swarn I felt a wet tear hit my forehead. "I love you too, Petrie." I smiled one last time before snuggling into his chest some more. The next thing I knew, I was asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I remember thinking of that last part back in August and nearly cried because of it.

"You always be perfect to me, Uncle...no matter where you go." DAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Petrie is such a sweetheart isn't he? So anyway...

Enjoy.  :smile

PS: Leave feedback or else...I'LL HAVE YOU FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!  :lol
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It looks like this is going to be testing Pterano, and is this the story that's going to have Zaine in it? You mention him, which leads me to think it is. Looks like Pterano's breaking the rules by coming back so soon, though. I really hope no one saw him while he was there. :p

Can't think of anything else to say. Short intro, and don't really know where this is going. Hope this is better than always the same birdbrain. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Awwwh...  :)

I loved how Pterano came in the night and visited Petrie and gave him a proper goodbye.. and I loved it when they both hugged each other. awwwhhh! :D

Part one was really good. :) It was so heartwarming and happy that Pterano showed up for Petrie.

It was so tender and touching when Petrie nuzzled Pterano and Pterano hugged him right back :) awwww.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Finally! Here's part two everyone!  :DD

--------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two: The First Phase

Petrie opened his eyes to the morning sun shining in his face and a couple of figures standing side by size who appeared to be having a conversation about the Mysterious Beyond...and being sick? He couldn't help his curiosity as he sat up, his face escaping the sunlight and thus revealing the two figures to be Pterano and Tory. And yet right afterwards, the red flyer collapsed on the spot, falling to the ground with a thud. "UNCLE!!!!!" Petrie shouted, immediately rushing to his side.

"Pterano!" Tory shouted at the same time, bending over her brother, placing a hand on his forehead. "Oh, he's burning up! Petrie, you stay with your uncle and I'll go find wet treestars."

"Yes Mama." Petrie replied as he crawled over Pterano's shoulder, keeping a close eye on him. Tory took off to find wet treestars. It was a good thing it was morning, otherwise, she'd be out of luck. Usually, in the early morning, the treestars were wet because the other times of day: midday, afternoon, evening and night are just unavailable for wet treestars. Unless the weather is rainy or someone were to dip a treestar in the water, those treestars wouldn't be very usefull.

Now back to Petrie. About five or more minutes have passed before his uncle opened his baby blue eyes. "Petrie?"

The little flyer looked down on his uncle, taking his hand. "How you feel, Uncle?"

"Not the best. It's probably just a cold or at least I hope it is, but the good news is, looks like I won't be leaving for a while." He rubbed his head, as pain went through his brain. "I am a bit tired. It is early after all. And you need to get some sleep as well, Petrie."

"Yes, me a bit tired, too." He curled himself against the red flyer, letting out a deep sigh. "Night night, Uncle." Sleep was like a breeze for Petrie as he was sleeping peacefully in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately for his uncle, peacefull sleep was nearly impossible.

Pterano found himself in a dark, misty forest. Pure silence filled the air as he moved his head around to see trails of tree trunks and fog in every corner. He didn't like it here, for he had the feeling that he was being watched. "H-hello?" He whispered as you could see his breath in a gas form.

If only things couldn't get freakier, a twig snapped from behind him, fallowed by another and another. He could've swarn he heard a silent growl fallowed by a hiss. He turned his head to see...a dark figure running straight towards him in great speed and this figure didn't look friendly.

He gasped and tried to flap himself into the air but it proved to be worthless. He looked down at his arms to see that he no longer had his wings. Just a pair of arms. "Oh no." he muttered, before listening as the mysterious footsteps got louder and louder, indicating that the figure was gaining on him.

He tried to make a run for it as it was the only thing he could do in this situation. Unfortunately he reacted too late. Two vines rapidly wrapped themselves around his ankles, and thus tripping him on his stomach. He cried out in agony as he was dragged along the ground by the ankles. All he could say before he blacked out was the trees growing smaller and smaller by the minute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy and leave feedback. Cool?  :smile
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
ok...this is getting a little ........scary!lol didnt exspect that to happen,first petrie is hugging his uncle next vines are tripping pterano!! :blink:good story though! you should read mine sometime and comment

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
YAY!!! A NEW READER!!!!! *hugs guidolover* Thanks for reviewing my story, Guidolover. I really appreciate it. I've also got a alot more stories such as Lost in a Forest and Always the Same Sun, as well as the many oneshots I put in my "Oneshot's" thread. But perhaps its a good thing you stumbled on this story first because it takes place directly inbetween LBT 7 and Lost in a Forest.  :p

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
oooh thanks,cant wait to read part 3 Im sure that it will be great!PLEASE read lbt meet me Im making it but it still needs improvementsïso....bye bye  :D  :p

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Finally! Sorry for the long wait, folks. I got too caught up on Halloween.   :p

---------------------------------------------------

Part Three: What's Happening To Me?

Pterano snapped his eyes open, breathing heavily. He rapidly searched his body. No dirt, no vines and no dark and misty forest. Just a cave with his snoozing nephew as well as the rest of his family on an early sunny morning. He sighed in great relief as he realized it was only a sleep story after all.

"Uncle?"

"Yeah Petrie?" he snapped out of his thoughts and turned his attention to his nephew.

"Are you okay? You kept screaming and me couldn't get to sleep." Petrie asked, gazing up at him in concern.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. It was just a sleep story." he reassured with a small smile.

"Well get back to sleep. You're sick and you need all the rest you can get."

"Maybe you're right."

"Yeah, good night, Uncle." Petrie said, falling asleep once again. Pterano laid down beside his nephew and wrapped his arms around him. Surprisingly enough, Pterano ended up falling asleep in a matter of a few minutes.

*Dream sequence*

Pterano found himself laying against a tree trunk, surrounded not by a dark and misty forest, but a bright green one. Just out of curiosity, the red flyer stood up on his feet. He narrowed his eyebrows, for he felt a sudden sensation hang on his crest. He felt for it and it turned out to be a vine. Childhood memories was brought back to him. Back in his younger days, he'd where this kind of vine around his crest  for one of his "personal touches" as he would call it.

"Good to see you again...son."

Pterano jumped out of his skin when he heard that voice, that low, raspy, haunting voice. He had hoped it was only an old flyer's imagination, but it turned out to be more than that. He turned his head around and a tall, muscular flyer figure with a huge crest, which indicated that he was in Pterano's species, stood before him. He was brown, with an orange belly and he stood a good eight feet off the ground. His overly muscular body clearly indicated that he was not to be messed with. He eyed Pterano with those half blue, half piercing red eyes of his. "What's the matter, Ron Ron. Did I startle you?" he chuckled darkly.

Pterano snapped out of his fear and gritted his teeth. "What do you want? And DON'T call me that!" he said, getting into a fighting stance.

"Well it's not what I want for once. It's about..." Zaine thought for a moment, scratching his beak. "Well let's just say that you won't be returning to the living world for a long time. This is your home now."

"What do you mean?" Pterano guessed the answer, but he also denied it as he found it nearly impossible.

"Face it, Pterano. You're dead, and there's nothing you can do about it." Zaine replied, smirking evilly.

Fear gripped Pterano's mind as his eyes went as wide as treestars. His heart was pounding uncontrollably, as if it wanted to escape his chest. He was practically frozen solid as the air grew cold around him. He was afraid Zaine would say that, but there was no way it could be true. Absolutely, positively no way! He was only asleep last time he checked.

"It's a shame really." Zaine continued, keeping up that creepy grin of his. "You dying mysteriously in your sleep. What would your sister think?" he smirk grew creepily wider. "What would your nephew think?" Pterano snapped out of his fear yet again and growled at his insane father. "For him to wake up and find you dead. He'd do anything to wake you up, pinch, pour water, yell, anything. But he'd fail ultimately fail as he discovered that his dear old uncle was gone forever from his life. The poor little guy would be devastated, don't you think?" Pterano hardened his eye brows as he felt the strength within him grow. "Now what was his name? Petrie was it?"

That did it. That last statement pulled the trigger. The feeling of protectiveness swelled up within him as he attacked the brown flyer with punches, kicks, scratches, anything he could throw at his father. "You leave my nephew alone!" he shouted, scratching him on the eye. Too bad that didn't last long. Zaine had just grabbed Pterano's neck and pinned him against a tree.

"You're still as weak as a hatchling, Pterano." Zaine smirked, tightening his grip, causing the red flyer to groan. "Pity. I thought you would've learned by now." He yanked on his neck and threw him to the ground.

Pterano yelped in pain as he landed on the stone cold ground with hard impact. Zaine cracked his own neck and took a few steps towards his helpless son like a dark shadow. Knowing this was the only thing he could do in this situation, Pterano stumbled on his feet and took a run for it.

Zaine didn't go after him, but he just stood there, smirking evilly as he watched as his son disappeared into the fog. "Run all you'd like, son. But even you can't escape death." And just after he muttered that, he too disappeared. Not into the fog, but disintegrated into the air.

Pterano just kept up his pace through what seems like the endless forest. He slowed down to a stop to examine the landscape, but with such replicate trees and bushes, it was nearly impossible to tell where to turn to next. He just continued pacing forward. As he passed the trees he could have swarn he saw a small pink pterandon float above the ground but he felt like he was in too much of a hurry to stop and ask for help.

Next he saw an even bigger flyer soaring above the tree tops. Because there were so many leaves, he couldn't tell if it was his father, or just another flyer. But his eyes never left the flyer. It looked too dark to be his father or in other words, this flyer looked more blue than orange and brown. But if he wasn't too focused on this flyer, he could have seen what was coming up ahead. A trap. And Pterano had absolutely no idea that he was heading straight for it. But at the last moment, he managed to turn his focus to the trap. Unfortunately he didn't have enough time to react so he ended up falling into the deep dark hole in the ground with a loud scream.

---------------------------------------------

Yeah. WHAT THE FUDGE IS HAPPENING TO MY PTERANO?????   :blink:  :lol  :lol Don't worry. You'll find out as soon as-let's see-NEXT PART!!!  :DD  :lol

And don't forget to leave feedback...OR I'LL BREAK DOWN YOUR DOOR!!!!  :lol  :lol just kidding.  :DD

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
hmm, very psychedelic and weird. Almost has a Inception quality to it. o.o

Your writing here is good, as your doing a good job of making this whole dream sequence spooky and ominous.

I'm liking it so far. Look like it's Pterano fighting an inner battle with himself. I hope he get's to face his past some in this, since Metamorphosis implies that he has to change.

Looking forward to the next chapter :)
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Hey guys, sorry for the LOOOOOOOOOONG wait! Got sidetracked with STUPID SCHOOL WORK!!! :bang Sheesh! I used to update like every few days and now I only update once a month! That friggin sucks! I need to write more! But maybe if I had more reviews, that might help. I'm not forcing or anything! But if you guys can, please review my stories as soon as you can. That might help get me back on track.  :) So anyway here's part four.

---------------------------------------------------

Part 4: Meta-WHAT??

It's been at least a good two days and Pterano remained unconscious. Petrie and Mama Flyer were beginning to get worried but they didn't want to turn him in. But soon enough, they ended up turning to Mr. Thicknose for help. Two hours later, he lifted his head after examining the red flyer. "I've seen this many times." he claimed in a soft voice.

"Is he alright?" Mama Flyer asked, clenching her hands together in hope.

"You say he's been out cold for days, am I correct?" Mr. Thicknose returned, not really answering her question.

"Yeah."

"And he did save Ducky, right?"

"Well yeah. That's what I saw." she replied, rubbing her hands together.

"Then he must be going through a metamorphosis."

Mama Flyer's worried look turned into a confused one, trying to figure out what Mr. Thicknose meant. "Come again?" she said.

"A metamorphosis. It happens when you've redeemed yourself." Mr. Thicknose explained.

"So that mean he be okay?" Petrie asked hopefully.

Mr. Thicknose sighed in disappointment. "I'm afraid I can't answer that question." So much for wishful thinking. "It's all up to him. If he makes it through the State of Unconsciousness and conquer the enemy inside him, there will be a whole new Pterano. But if he doesnt, he'll die."  

A few more hours later, Mama Flyer and her children surrounded the red flyer. The siblings were sniffing, and Petrie was sobbing against his dear uncle's shoulders. Mama Flyer placed her hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, Petrie. He's a tough old flyer." she reassured in her softest motherly voice. "He'll make it through this...he has to."

Those words helped the little flyer a tiny bit, and he calmed himself down. But he was still worried, as Pterano was still his one and only uncle after all.

-------------------------

Dream sequence

In a pitch black hole in the ground, you could hear a couple of clicks, and you can barely see a small creature move out of the dirt and crawl on a hard surface that felt nothing like the dirt surroundings. As if on cue, the surface gave a jerk and a red hand flicked the small creature from the hard surface. A cough was also heard and the hand belonged to a creature the size of a tall tree compared to the small creature. "Stupid spiders." Pterano muttered, wiping the dirt off himself.

"Psst."

That voice snapped the red flyer out of his thoughts. He could have swarn he heard a whisper, but he shrugged it off, thinking it was only his old imagination.

"Psst, Pterano! Up here."

There was that voice again...that little girl's voice? That's what the voice sounded like and it came from up above. A vine fell  down from above, landing in his lap. Pterano didn't really say anything, he just observed the vine before gazing up at the hole opening in confusion. "Climb up, Pterano." the voice told him.

He sighed, brushing himself free from the dirt. He tested the vine, making sure it was stable enough to hold him. He jumped, grabbing the vine and pulled himself off the ground. His feet fallowed suit, curling themselves around the vine, providing a "step" for him to use.

By the time he reached the top, he crawled himself onto the grass-wait a minute! Grass? Wasn't the ground, like, full of dirt and sticks and leaves that fell from the trees last time he checked. And speaking of the trees, where were they? Instead of a forest, Pterano was now staring at a grassland, full of nothing but hills of grass. Maybe some flowers here and there, but other than that, grass practically took over the field. The sky was clear now and the sun shone bright on his skin. There wasn't even a cloud in the sky, save for the two tiny ones in the north. They were hardly noticable. Behind him sat a lake full of pure clean water. "Beautiful isn't it?" that voice asked, giving the red flyer such a startle that he fell back into the hole...or at least the hole that used to be there before that too was replaced by the grasslands.

A small, pink, juvienile flyer landed on his beak, staring at him in the eye, and thus showing off her eyelashes, indicating that she was female. Her short crest indicated that she was in Pterano's species and her pink body was as bright as the sun. Her belly was as red as the rose and her neckring was as blue as the sky. Oh she was beautiful alright. She burst out laughin. "Oh Pterano,  you get scared so easily, don't you old flyer?" she teased, nudging him before landing on the ground beside him.

"Uhh...yeah, I guess." he shook his head, sitting up. "But first things first-"

"Come on, Pterano! I'll show you around!" she interrupted, taking his hand to emphasize that she was pretty excited already. She let go and took off towards the north.

"Wait! I need to know-" he was interrupted by the little flyer yet again.

"Are you coming or what?"

Pterano sighed in annoyance. "Oh dear," he muttered to himself before standing up. "Yes, oh impatient one!" He then took off to fallow her, wondering where on earth she was going.

---------------------------------------------

So there you have it. Enjoy and don't forget to leave feedback! As soon as you can would be nice!

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oi^^ I love it so far!! oooh, Zaine is friggin awesome and badass.. I'm really anxious to read about his and Pterano's past.
One question: this sounds an awful lot like Avatar the last Airbender, when Zuko himself goes through a metamorphosis... would this be based upon that? ;)
Keep writing! you've got a new fan :DD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein