The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Off to Tenerife!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Hey all. Tomorrow morning I'll be going with my mum, step-dad, and my best friend to Tenerife for two weeks. I'm not bringing any electronic stuff with me, so I won't be around here unless I find an internet cafe. Even with that, I won't around very much.

I'm staying in Los Christianos, in an apartment that's a fair walk from the beach, but that's a good thing if you ask me. I need to do a lot more walking...  <_<

Anyway, see you guys in two weeks! :wave

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Have a nice holiday there :) I'll miss you :cry
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Have a lot of fun! :D Don't forget your sunscreen :p

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jul 8 2013 on  02:41 PM
Have a lot of fun! :D Don't forget your sunscreen :p
Oh, I won't. I don't want a repeat of last time. Let's just say I got blisters on my face and my back was so badly burnt and sore that I couldn't sleep on it for days. Not good. I really hope there isn't a repeat of that this year.  :blink:

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha I know how you feel.. When my family was in Gran Canaria my brothers had the worst sunburn ever. :P:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Make sure you take a lot of pictures.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll miss you! How will I survive without my Sis! Will prob have like a zillion fic updates when you return and when you do return I wanna hear ALL about it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hope your trip goes well and you have a lot of fun.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I lied about not bringing any electronic stuff with me. I brought my Kindle Fire with me for reading but I found a few free WiFi spots around, so I can still come on every now and then to see what's going on. It won't be too often, though. I might do a couple of updates on what I've been up to if that's okay. Yesterday was long... I only had 4 hours sleep, then the flight was delayed, then I found out that the airline made people sit wherever they wanted, and and since we were quite late to board, we couldn't sit next to each other. Then there was a kid screaming for the whole journey, and I couldn't sleep at all, so the journey wasn't really the best.

Anyway, we checked into the apartments we're staying at. It's fairly basic, but I've stayed in worse. We hung around the pool for a while (and someone decided to have a dump in it :x ), then we went for a veeerrrryyy long walk along the beach and finally had a pizza before getting a taxi back, since everyone but myself had blisters on their feet. Today we've just been hanging around by the pool and tried to find somewhere with free WiFi, which of course, was a success. :D

So, that's pretty much it for now. Hope everyone's doing well. :DD

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds like a great time! Tenerife is where Nelson lost his right arm, so historically, it's always been very significant for me. :yes Have a great vacation! :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The journey is usually the most annoying and sometimes even exhausting thing when travelling but (as you proved) once being there you'll enjoy it in most cases ;)
Glad you found wifi :)
More relaxed days to come I bet :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice to hear from you during the trip.  Hopefully you can continue to find wifi and give us some updates.  Glad things are going as well as they are for you so far.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's really handy having WiFi zones everywhere. We just had an Indian meal last night and went back to the hotel and went to bed (the adults were quite drunk :DD). Today we're hanging around Las Americas and trying to find some scooters to hire and zoom around on. :P: So far my friend and I have had a fish pedicure which was really good, and we've had a browse around the shops to see what souvenirs we can get for our friends and family.

The only downside so far is that I'm not really getting much sleep, thanks to having a really sore back from sunburn and really noisy buses going past in the middle of the night. To be completely honest, though, I'm not feeling too tired from it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure if earplugs would help with the noisy busses at night, or having a fan on blowing in another direction if it's to cold to have a fun on you.  

To bad about the sunburn, I guess the only treatment is using some sort of lotion cream stuff and wait?  

Sounds like overall you are having fun there.  :DD

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yeah, I was thinking about getting some earplugs or earphones so I can listen to music instead of loud buses. I'll look out for them when I get to a supermarket.

Well, I'm putting after sun on it and keeping my back and shoulders covered with a t-shirt when I'm out in the sun. It'll go eventually. I've had worse. :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aww, got a sunburn nonetheless huh ? :p It's too bad there area buses so close to your apartment, I don't think I'd be able to sleep with such background noise either.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's awesome that your trip is going very well. And I'm happy to see you're having a good time.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yeah, I had a look in the two local supermarkets but had no luck finding anything to block my ears, but I'll keep searching around for something.

Yesterday my mum and friend very kindly volunteered me to do karaoke, which was really embarrassing. I had forgotten the bridge part of the song I was singing, so right now I'm not believing anyone who says I'm a good singer. I lost pretty much all confidence in myself in the last couple of years. :(

After that, we had a very late dinner (11pm...) and then walked back to the apartments.

Anyway, today was a lazy day. I spent pretty much all day in the shade to help get rid of that sunburn, and we've just been out for something to eat and drink. I think everyone will be having an early night tonight.